SSN - Benjani to Hull fee agreed

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: SSN - Benjani to Hull fee agreed

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:31 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:Move breaks down due to personal terms

Yep, breaking on SSN now, shame for all concerned

probably wanted him to guarantee that he would actually try to get on the pitch and play some football

shitpots

aaaaargh, can't believe that him and TBH might actually be here come the end of the window. Someone run them both over outside Carrington if they are still here on Wednesday
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:33 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

we won't be saying that if he scores a 92nd minute winner in the derby! ;)

It'd be nice but we'd have a treatment room full of strikers if that were to happen !!
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:34 pm

ant london wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

probably wanted him to guarantee that he would actually try to get on the pitch and play some football

shitpots

aaaaargh, can't believe that him and TBH might actually be here come the end of the window. Someone run them both over outside Carrington if they are still here on Wednesday

maybe they both have "danny mills disorder"
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:54 pm

I guess he prefers rotting in the reserves for a fat paycheck.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:39 pm

I guess this is the first sign of what paying silly money for panic buys can do to a team, when they suddenly start to rise from the ashes.

If Benjani had any ambition in himself then he would have moved on to get regaular football, we are stuck with him now it seems, well fucked off now, gladly though I doubt Benjani is even higher up the pecking order than some of last seasons reserves and academy lads, at least if we are lucky he won't be.

I just hope that Stoke have enough time to make him one the 4 they plan on adding in the next 24 hours
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:45 pm

Hope Hughes gives him the "doghouse treatment" and in january he'd agree those fucking personal terms.

I predict this exactly same thing will eventually happen with Santa Cruz.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:57 pm

I rate Benjani will end back up at Pompey now.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:02 pm

Let's say they are offering 20K/week and he is currently on 50K/week, wouldn't he be stupid to accept a move?

We paid silly money for him and I think he is not the one to blame here.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:05 pm

Slim wrote:Let's say they are offering 20K/week and he is currently on 50K/week, wouldn't he be stupid to accept a move?

Yes.
Why would he accept terms a lot worse than what he's on. It might be the sort of money we dream of, but you still live to your earnings, and taking a big pay cut is not something any of us would fancy.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:08 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Slim wrote:Let's say they are offering 20K/week and he is currently on 50K/week, wouldn't he be stupid to accept a move?

Yes.
Why would he accept terms a lot worse than what he's on. It might be the sort of money we dream of, but you still live to your earnings, and taking a big pay cut is not something any of us would fancy.

If we really were serious about seeing him to the door, we'd make up the difference. In the end it would cost us less. This is assuming the dispute is over money, but usually isn't it always?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:09 pm

edge275 wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Vassell scored three times against the filth, but I still popped the bubbly when the glorious news of him departing came about, it was never soon enough he left, now this joke of a footballer is following him out the door marked "EXIT".

Hull, Blackburn, Pompey, who cares where he ends up?, not me, just as long as he is not still a City player come 1700hrs on Tues 1 Sep 09......some IMO have gone way overboard becuase Petrov's cross brushed his sideburn.

The biggest joke of Sven's reign a panic buy at best and crap buy at worst, up there with the likes of Lee Badbuy, Gerry Creaney and Gareth Taylor for me when it comes to his stature at this club as a striker.

You're right. He's fucking shite.

You're wrong. And fucking disrespectful.

Benjani didn't ask for his transfer fee, expectations, or injury-proneness. When you look at his goals-to-starts ratio it's not actually bad. Every time I've seen him (and I'm a long-time season ticket holder who goes to quite a few away games) he's pulled his finger out and given us the most of his admittedly limited ability. Bollocks to the Derby goal, the guy is an honest pro and has done nothing to warrant ridicule or comparison to the likes of Bradbury and Taylor. Then again, what else do the pair of you actually do besides bitch and moan?

He certainly goes with my best wishes and will be remembered as a fairly ordinary centre-forward who always played with a smile on his face.

I'm wrong that Benjani is shite?

Sit down.

102 goals in 255 career appearances would suggest that he is not shite.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:29 pm

Slim wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:

Yes.

If we really were serious about seeing him to the door, we'd make up the difference. In the end it would cost us less. This is assuming the dispute is over money, but usually isn't it always?

Who knows, it could be a number of things. Maybe Hull want to put in a very prudent 'relegation clause' that sees his pay drop significantly again if they end up in The Championship. How much wedge are we prepared to stand in a deal? Santa Cruz and Bellamy are injury prone, and Ade will be absent for a while. Benjani might still get a few games at some point.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby irblinx » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:18 pm

King Kev wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Sit down.

How about his Prem record?

Portsmouth - goals = 19 appearances = 70
City - goals = 4 appearances = 21

Doesn't look quite so good in a decent league! He must have been total crap for Pompey before the season where we bought him!
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby alanharmer442 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:41 pm

irblinx wrote:
King Kev wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Sit down.

How about his Prem record?

Portsmouth - goals = 19 appearances = 70
City - goals = 4 appearances = 21

Doesn't look quite so good in a decent league! He must have been total crap for Pompey before the season where we bought him!

255 appearances at age 31 says it all really

that said his age is also a clue as to why the transfer has broken down - if memory serves me right he's on £35k p.w. no strings attached so why would he accept any lesswhen his career is over in a couple of years?
alanharmer442
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby edge275 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 pm

King Kev wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Vassell scored three times against the filth, but I still popped the bubbly when the glorious news of him departing came about, it was never soon enough he left, now this joke of a footballer is following him out the door marked "EXIT".

Hull, Blackburn, Pompey, who cares where he ends up?, not me, just as long as he is not still a City player come 1700hrs on Tues 1 Sep 09......some IMO have gone way overboard becuase Petrov's cross brushed his sideburn.

The biggest joke of Sven's reign a panic buy at best and crap buy at worst, up there with the likes of Lee Badbuy, Gerry Creaney and Gareth Taylor for me when it comes to his stature at this club as a striker.

You're right. He's fucking shite.

You're wrong. And fucking disrespectful.

Benjani didn't ask for his transfer fee, expectations, or injury-proneness. When you look at his goals-to-starts ratio it's not actually bad. Every time I've seen him (and I'm a long-time season ticket holder who goes to quite a few away games) he's pulled his finger out and given us the most of his admittedly limited ability. Bollocks to the Derby goal, the guy is an honest pro and has done nothing to warrant ridicule or comparison to the likes of Bradbury and Taylor. Then again, what else do the pair of you actually do besides bitch and moan?

He certainly goes with my best wishes and will be remembered as a fairly ordinary centre-forward who always played with a smile on his face.

Sit down.

And 23 in 91 Premier League games.

He's shite.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum