SSN - Benjani to Hull fee agreed

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: SSN - Benjani to Hull fee agreed

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:19 pm

irblinx wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:
irblinx wrote:Does anyone know if he ever played enough games to trigger the second £3.75m payment? I certainly hope not

All I know is that he had to pay 70 games in order for Pompey to get a certain fee, how much that is though I don't know.

I thought it was a lot less than 70, possibly as low as 40. The deal was basically £7.5m split into two payments

Nah it was defo 70 games mate.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:24 pm

Good luck to him. Seems like a real gamble by Hull though. I don't think we've seen Bejani 100% fit for more than about 4-5 games in his whole City career, if at all. I'm sure that's what all the fuss was about when he signed & why we didn't pay bent Harry what he wanted. Last couple of times he's tried to come back he's limped off injured; even when he came on as a sub in Germany he had to go off.

Be very surprised if he's still playing football this time next year.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby irblinx » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:32 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
irblinx wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:
irblinx wrote:Does anyone know if he ever played enough games to trigger the second £3.75m payment? I certainly hope not

All I know is that he had to pay 70 games in order for Pompey to get a certain fee, how much that is though I don't know.

I thought it was a lot less than 70, possibly as low as 40. The deal was basically £7.5m split into two payments

In which case we only paid 3.75m for him, at which price he cost us just less than £1m per goal! Still bloody awful but a lot less painful than it could have been
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby razor400 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 pm

irblinx wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:
irblinx wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:

In which case we only paid 3.75m for him, at which price he cost us just less than £1m per goal! Still bloody awful but a lot less painful than it could have been

Worth the money for the Derby goal. Altogether now

BENJANI, WHOAAAOOAA
BENJANI, WHOAAAOOAA
HE COMES FROM ZIMBABWE

See ya benji
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
feedthegreek wrote:already covered.
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26626

Naah mate, that's Benji to Blackburn. I don't think RIGsby would make it to Hull with his side-car ;-)

Anyhow's, good look Benji, you'll always be remembered fondly by me for a certain goal in a certain game; even if it was only a dreadlock touch!

check the last post on that thread, i think you,ll find it as.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:21 pm

Vassell scored three times against the filth, but I still popped the bubbly when the glorious news of him departing came about, it was never soon enough he left, now this joke of a footballer is following him out the door marked "EXIT".

Hull, Blackburn, Pompey, who cares where he ends up?, not me, just as long as he is not still a City player come 1700hrs on Tues 1 Sep 09......some IMO have gone way overboard becuase Petrov's cross brushed his sideburn.

The biggest joke of Sven's reign a panic buy at best and crap buy at worst, up there with the likes of Lee Badbuy, Gerry Creaney and Gareth Taylor for me when it comes to his stature at this club as a striker.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby edge275 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Vassell scored three times against the filth, but I still popped the bubbly when the glorious news of him departing came about, it was never soon enough he left, now this joke of a footballer is following him out the door marked "EXIT".

Hull, Blackburn, Pompey, who cares where he ends up?, not me, just as long as he is not still a City player come 1700hrs on Tues 1 Sep 09......some IMO have gone way overboard becuase Petrov's cross brushed his sideburn.

The biggest joke of Sven's reign a panic buy at best and crap buy at worst, up there with the likes of Lee Badbuy, Gerry Creaney and Gareth Taylor for me when it comes to his stature at this club as a striker.

You're right. He's fucking shite.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:01 am

edge275 wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Vassell scored three times against the filth, but I still popped the bubbly when the glorious news of him departing came about, it was never soon enough he left, now this joke of a footballer is following him out the door marked "EXIT".

You're wrong. And fucking disrespectful.

Benjani didn't ask for his transfer fee, expectations, or injury-proneness. When you look at his goals-to-starts ratio it's not actually bad. Every time I've seen him (and I'm a long-time season ticket holder who goes to quite a few away games) he's pulled his finger out and given us the most of his admittedly limited ability. Bollocks to the Derby goal, the guy is an honest pro and has done nothing to warrant ridicule or comparison to the likes of Bradbury and Taylor. Then again, what else do the pair of you actually do besides bitch and moan?

He certainly goes with my best wishes and will be remembered as a fairly ordinary centre-forward who always played with a smile on his face.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby lythamblue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:16 am

I agree he always did his best for us even though he is just not good enough to go where we want to be.

If anything, the last few months have shown us that you get what you pay for. Adebayor, Tevez and Robi are top notch strikers who cost 25/30 mill a piece. Benjani is a 3/4 mill striker at best and there is no comparison.

Just because we can now afford better ..... does not mean that he is shite. It just means ..... we have moved to a level above what he will ever be capable of. MH knows that, we know that ..... and I bet even Benjani knows that.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:52 am

Best of luck at Hull - here's hoping you find regular first team action.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:14 am

Another player not as bad as is often made out.
I wish him well at Hull, he was a player I found hard to dislike and I've seen a lot worse than him.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Vhero » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:33 am

Good move for him and Hull.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby edge275 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:58 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Benjani didn't ask for his transfer fee, expectations, or injury-proneness. When you look at his goals-to-starts ratio it's not actually bad. Every time I've seen him (and I'm a long-time season ticket holder who goes to quite a few away games) he's pulled his finger out and given us the most of his admittedly limited ability. Bollocks to the Derby goal, the guy is an honest pro and has done nothing to warrant ridicule or comparison to the likes of Bradbury and Taylor. Then again, what else do the pair of you actually do besides bitch and moan?

He certainly goes with my best wishes and will be remembered as a fairly ordinary centre-forward who always played with a smile on his face.

I'm wrong that Benjani is shite?

Sit down.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby xavi6 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:31 am

How's he getting there? I hope it's by plane :D

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6

My favourite player is: Zab

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:57 am

edge275 wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
edge275 wrote:

I'm wrong that Benjani is shite?

Sit down.

Haha no I think you're pretty safe on that one Edgy-boy. I saw on SSN he got 1 in 30-odd at Grasshoppers, Zurich. That smile was more a bemused grin if you ask me!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:10 am

I quite liked him, but I did think at the time that he was a panic buy and he is certainly nowhere near the level we want strikers to be to bring the club forward.

Best of luck to him and whoever buys him. I will always be grateful to him for that goal against United.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:26 pm

Move breaks down due to personal terms
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby OhDannyBoy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:27 pm

DAMN

the deal has broke down, so its a no go...
OhDannyBoy
Superman's Underpants

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:27 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Move breaks down due to personal terms

Yep, breaking on SSN now, shame for all concerned
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:31 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:Move breaks down due to personal terms

Yep, breaking on SSN now, shame for all concerned

we won't be saying that if he scores a 92nd minute winner in the derby! ;)
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum