Our Transfer Plan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Our Transfer Plan

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:01 pm

There was a piece in the MEN the other day that stated that we had bought 5 years worth of players in 12 months.

At first I thought it was just another way of pointing out that we have spent a lot of money. But on closer inspection it was saying that this was our plan and that we would no slow right down when it comes to splashing out in the transfer market! We bought 5 years worth of players in one go so that the players can gel together and grow together as a team.

I have to say that I am highly impressed with this policy and that it makes more sense than spending the money slowly over the next 5 years.

Add to this the fact that we have bought a lot of players with Premiership experience and it seems pretty obvious that our owners are building not only for our future but also for now!!

My hat comes off to everybody involved in the creation and execution of this simple but brilliant plan.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Our Transfer Plan

Postby Andy, lincs » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:11 pm

Here here. Add the liklihood that Fifa cronies Platini and Blatter are almost certain to try and City proof the elite of the game fast improvement is going to be the best way. I pray we can establish ourselves as a European contender while they are wrangling over the legalities and the paperwork.
Living like I'll die tomorrow, farming like I'll live forever.
Andy, lincs
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Andy, lincs wrote:Here here. Add the liklihood that Fifa cronies Platini and Blatter are almost certain to try and City proof the elite of the game fast improvement is going to be the best way. I pray we can establish ourselves as a European contender while they are wrangling over the legalities and the paperwork.

Does anyone know how much our current revenue amounts to? (This is supposedly what the new ruling will be based on)
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:51 pm

Some people in the media have taken it to mean that we won't spend big on any players in the future but Hughes pointed out that all it means is we won't be bringing in large numbers of players at one time like we've been doing this season. He said that we'll be concentrating on signing & producing our own academy players but also that we'll be in the market for individual top quality players if/when they become available.

That sounds just about perfect to me.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby irblinx » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:22 pm

We have essentially fast tracked our squad building, from now on it should just require the same sort of tweaking that the Chelsea and the scum can now get away with during each transfer window. That tweaking could still mean bringing in one player for £50m but we'll hopefully never have to see the kind of whole sale changes we've seen this summer ever again.
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby lythamblue » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:24 pm

I think MH assumes our current squad has a shelf life of around 3 years. By whch time we should be in the Champs League ..... and then you will see some real money spent, which will make this summer seem miniscule.

Don't be surprised to see the world transfer fee record broken 2/3 times when we start to believe our current squad is not quite good enough anymore. In between times, whatever player we have in whatever position, no matter how he has been playing will still be under risk. If the best player in the world in their position suddenly becomes available, we will enter the market to try and buy them.

Sounds good to me but we still have to appreciate that we are still talking 'years', not months and certainly not weeks.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:59 am

I dont think this is the final squad MH has in mind - but it's a squad to last a few seasons and to get him European Football. It will probably be tweaked over the seasons and slowly evolve into the Chumps League-winning squad that he ultimately wants. (So no more mass recruitment, but more targetted head-hunting especially WHEN we win something)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Blue2 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:27 am

If this UEFA plan comes off, its just another way of making sure that the big teams stay at the top and the smaller teams have no fuclin chance of ever winning anything. They don't want any interlopers into there cosy little club. Makes you wonder if the UEFA top brass are on backhanders.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby ronk » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:43 am

King Kev wrote:There was a piece in the MEN the other day that stated that we had bought 5 years worth of players in 12 months.

At first I thought it was just another way of pointing out that we have spent a lot of money. But on closer inspection it was saying that this was our plan and that we would no slow right down when it comes to splashing out in the transfer market! We bought 5 years worth of players in one go so that the players can gel together and grow together as a team.

I have to say that I am highly impressed with this policy and that it makes more sense than spending the money slowly over the next 5 years.

Add to this the fact that we have bought a lot of players with Premiership experience and it seems pretty obvious that our owners are building not only for our future but also for now!!

My hat comes off to everybody involved in the creation and execution of this simple but brilliant plan.

That was always going to be our transfer plan, more or less.

Spend bigger early understanding that we mightn't get as good value but trying to create a platform for further growth. Every club that had money used that approach to expanding.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby King Kev » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:57 am

ronk wrote:
King Kev wrote:There was a piece in the MEN the other day that stated that we had bought 5 years worth of players in 12 months.

That was always going to be our transfer plan, more or less.

Spend bigger early understanding that we mightn't get as good value but trying to create a platform for further growth. Every club that had money used that approach to expanding.

I don't agree. The only clubs I can think of as a comparrison are Chelsea and Blackburn. Whilst they spent a lot of money, it was to a lesser extent and over a longer period of time than we have done.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby simon12 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:11 am

Blue2 wrote:If this UEFA plan comes off, its just another way of making sure that the big teams stay at the top and the smaller teams have no fuclin chance of ever winning anything. They don't want any interlopers into there cosy little club. Makes you wonder if the UEFA top brass are on backhanders.

They don`t want it implemented till 2015 anyway
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Vhero » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:35 am

Meh wont matter though the city haters wont see it that way because they only buy 1-2 big players a year and we broke that unwritten rule were ruining football.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby simon12 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:52 am

Vhero wrote:Meh wont matter though the city haters wont see it that way because they only buy 1-2 big players a year and we broke that unwritten rule were ruining football.

If they mean by ruining football we`re paying over the odds to certain teams for certain players which allows them to reduce the club debt which then allows them to qualify for the competitions the RACISTS in uefa want to stop them entering then I say lets really fook football up big time
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby ronk » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:23 am

King Kev wrote:I don't agree. The only clubs I can think of as a comparrison are Chelsea and Blackburn. Whilst they spent a lot of money, it was to a lesser extent and over a longer period of time than we have done.

I think Chelsea were bigger spenders than us (relatively, at least).

Blackburn spent big and fast, but they were slower at the start because the needed to get promoted first. Others with a spend big and fast strategy would have been Newcastle and Leeds. Liverpool when Benitez came. Us under Keegan. Real Madrid this season.

There are plenty of mini spending sprees. The scum have been known to do it from time to time.

Once the squad has stabilized it's natural to reign in the spending somewhat and become more selective over transfers. Villa stretched out their spending a little because they were tight for cash and in no rush to waste it. But they've been consistently high spenders and quietly spent a lot in a short space of time.

This summer our much vaunted spending spree has been 3 forwards, 2 defenders and a midfielder. But we've shipped off 2 Brazilian internationals (Jo and Elano) along with Caicedo. The spending has had a large aspect of replacing Sven-era players.

I suspect that if the Santa Cruz deal had been happening late in the off season that it wouldn't have happened. But things changed when we had Adebayor and Tevez.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum