Our Next Two Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Our Next Two Games

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:28 pm

We have made a brilliant (perfect) start to the season and I am very very happy..but....

The games against Arsenal and the shite will give us a true idea of how far we have come and how far we have to go. I'm not saying that if we don't get six points we should give up but, after an easy start to the season, these matches will give us a true reading of our achievements.

4 or more points and I reckon this will signal that we have arrived as serious contenders for a top 4 place.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Our Next Two Games

Postby Wooders » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:29 pm

I agree, we've passed the grinding out a win against teams who are playing for a draw test. Now onto the next one. Fingers crossed.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby One cap Whitey » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:36 pm

The players we've got now will be going in to those games thinking we can win them. Arse and the Rags will be more worried than ever about taking us on. We need to step it up a bit in those games but the players we've got are more than cabable and I reckon will do the business.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blue Toy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:53 pm

King Kev wrote:We have made a brilliant (perfect) start to the season and I am very very happy..but....

The games against Arsenal and the shite will give us a true idea of how far we have come and how far we have to go. I'm not saying that if we don't get six points we should give up but, after an easy start to the season, these matches will give us a true reading of our achievements.

4 or more points and I reckon this will signal that we have arrived as serious contenders for a top 4 place.

I honestly feel that 4 or more points - in other words a win and a draw or 2 wins - will signal a lot more than top 4 contenders. I'm not saying I think we'll get 4 or more points, but if we do, then surely it means we're in with a shout of bigger things?

I would be happy to come out of these 2 games still undefeated, by whatever combination of result.

But then I'm also thinking fuck it, let's dare to dream, let's aim high and go into these games wanting, expecting and playing for all 6 points.

Every game is a cup final at the moment I love it. Every minute of every game is gripping. Happy days.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:27 pm

It's going to be tough but we''ll be well up for Arsenal, sell out crowd and good atmosphere i can see us winning and by time we visit the swamp we'll have Johnno, Rsc and Vince so our bench will be immense.

If we managed to win both, all sensible thinking will be out the window and il be thinking we can win the league :o)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:29 pm

Watching Arsenal play the filth the day before we won against Pompey, if they don't have Cesc back for when they play us, then all we need to do is contain Arshavin, as the rest are not as good as the media paint them out to be, the sides they beat to get their points have been equally as crap as what we have started against, the first average side they play against they lose, and the filth are no patch on what they were last season.

If Hughes can keep this squad he has now together on 2 Sep 09, then I believe we can take 4 points MIN and 6 points is well within our grasp for the next 2 games, as we have top quality all over the pitch now, when you can put a Brazilian superstar, Argentinian and Dutch first team International on the bench then you know you have a tremendous squad, and we still have top Internationals for top nations not even making the bench.

I am not saying I expect us to win the next two games but we are more than capable of it, providing that we don't suffer any injuries in the International week and can improve the speed and accuracy of our passing and movement off the ball in the final third, I think our hardest game is the next one, don't think the filth will give us too much trouble, apart from Rooney they have nobody capable of turning a game their way....we have 4-5 matchwinners in our team now.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby bluemoon » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Watching Arsenal play the filth the day before we won against Pompey, if they don't have Cesc back for when they play us, then all we need to do is contain Arshavin, as the rest are not as good as the media paint them out to be, the sides they beat to get their points have been equally as crap as what we have started against, the first average side they play against they lose, and the filth are no patch on what they were last season.

If Hughes can keep this squad he has now together on 2 Sep 09, then I believe we can take 4 points MIN and 6 points is well within our grasp for the next 2 games, as we have top quality all over the pitch now, when you can put a Brazilian superstar, Argentinian and Dutch first team International on the bench then you know you have a tremendous squad, and we still have top Internationals for top nations not even making the bench.

I am not saying I expect us to win the next two games but we are more than capable of it, providing that we don't suffer any injuries in the International week and can improve the speed and accuracy of our passing and movement off the ball in the final third, I think our hardest game is the next one, don't think the filth will give us too much trouble, apart from Rooney they have nobody capable of turning a game their way....we have 4-5 matchwinners in our team now.

Can't argue with that, altough I don't believe the rags should be taken so lightly. Good post, don't let the cyber bullies put you off from posting.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby rick1894citizen » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:06 am

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Watching Arsenal play the filth the day before we won against Pompey, if they don't have Cesc back for when they play us, then all we need to do is contain Arshavin, as the rest are not as good as the media paint them out to be, the sides they beat to get their points have been equally as crap as what we have started against, the first average side they play against they lose, and the filth are no patch on what they were last season.

Brilliant post although i will never dismiss that shower from the swamp. (stuffy bastids)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby lythamblue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:03 am

King Kev wrote:The games against Arsenal and the shite will give us a true idea of how far we have come and how far we have to go. I'm not saying that if we don't get six points we should give up but, after an easy start to the season, these matches will give us a true reading of our achievements.

No they won't as it is still far too early to draw any long term conclusions. We are quite capable of of beating Arse and Manyoo in one off games and I can tell you that now, before we have even played them. Whether we can match them week in week out over a 38 game season is another story though.

If we had been 12/15 games into the season when these matches came along, they might tell you a bit more about us. As of now, there is just another 6 points to be had and we will need to grind out whatever we can in which ever way we can.

So far, we have played 3 league games, dominated them all, scored first and gone on to win. We haven't yet been put under some serious pressure and/or gone a goal behind. When we do, it will be interesting to see our reaction. We will lose sooner or later and we need to se if we can bounce back with a victory afterwards etc.

Accordingly, what we do over a 15 game run will show trends and character assessment and will be more accurate. Whatever happens in the next 2 games against the Arse and Manyoo in essence will tell you zip all about our top 4 pretentions. They are just 2 isolated games very early on within our current development.

However, I am really looking forward to them.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:31 am

Lets be honest here we have played 3 shite teams on the bounce, Blackburn Wolves and an in disarray Pompey without its defence and keeper, whilst I am delighted we have maximum points from those 3 games my feet are firmly on the ground.

Talk of Premiership titles is ridiculous, ffs we beat an in disarray pompey and newly promoted Wolves by a solitary goal, it could be argued except for some piss poor finishing on their parts and excellent keeping on Shays part the results could have been different.

The real acid test is over the next 2 games, if we show the Arse and Rags to much respect we will be beaten , also Hughes needs to show he has what it takes to pit his whit’s against the top 4 in the Premiership, that means if we go 1 or 2 goals up in either match he doesn’t bottle it and try and defend a lead as he is prone to doing ,he can be to negative in the way he sets us up, I saw it to many times last season, this season we have a side capable of mixing it with anyone so being ultra defensive is criminal and not playing to our strengths.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:57 am

Obviously we all want to stuff the rags but strategically, at this stage, 3 points v Arsenal would be more use as it puts some distance between us & them. If Arsenal come under pressure, they may not cope too well with it. They really need that chump's league place.

I recon 3 points from both games would be very good for us at this stage. Any kind of reasonable points total off the Sky 4 over the season would mean the title would be decided by whichever team does the best v the other teams. We have as good or better players than the Sky 4 with which to score against the other teams, so it gives us a chance if we defend well enough/work hard enough.

I meant 3 points from either game btw.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby salford city » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:10 am

I don't know how many players we're going to have away over the international break and any injuries sustained could hamper us however, all fingers crossed if we can come out of the break unscathed I think we have a great chance of beating Arsenal. Can't see us adopting Taggart's tactics of playing Fletcher in the Michael Brown role of terminator. We'll go toe to toe with them and looks like being a cracking game. From that one, we'll then have to go to the Swamp and stand up to the fuckers. Espect more of the same from Fletcher & Co and for Utd to revert to the one up front and filling midfield with disruptive influences. I believe that we have more quality and steel in midfield now with the addition of Barry I only hope that we don't get tempted to go with NDJ as protection scarificing one of the more creative players.

We're on a roll at the moment,three points a must from the Arsenal game & onto the Swamp with nothing to fear. You know Tevez is going to be buzzing back there
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:28 am

Still too early in our season to really assess us on these games gonna be tough for us but the rags are falling apart at home which is good for us.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:39 am

Vhero wrote:Still too early in our season to really assess us on these games gonna be tough for us but the rags are falling apart at home which is good for us.

It's almost supernatural how things drop in favour of those bastards though. If we're to beat Arsenal, we'll have to put in at least twice the performance the rags did as Arsenal won't miss 5 chances against us & hand us 2 goals on a plate.

This time it'll be a really big game for the rags, they'll kick lumps out of us & be diving for Britain. At the swamp we'll need a decent performance from the ref if we're to get anything. They'll be trying to get Tevez red carded for a start.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:47 am

I honestly believe that we can beat Arsenal at home and United away.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Crossie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:05 am

They will be 2 much different games than the previous 3, we wont be kicked about the park.

Robinho should be able to excel, more room for everyone, more ball on the ground.

LEts be honest, 2 points from those 2 games will be a big step fwd, and would put us on course for a top 4 spot theoretically.

4 points would cement a feeling that we were destined for top 4

6 points and the league is ours lol (jk)

Lets not forget arse and scum could loose players to injury. I think if Fabregas is injured we should beat arsenal, if rooney gets a knock we could do over scum. One things for sure its got us all talking positively, which makes a change
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:22 am

We could lose the next two games and still win the title.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:26 am

One thing is for sure - there's nothing 'scary' about the 'big four' anymore. The only difference between ourselves and the others is the lenght of time our team has played together in comparrison to them.

On paper, I wouldn't swap our midfield for united's. I wouldn't swap our defence for Arsenal's or Liverpool's and I wouldn't swap our strikeforce for anyone's.

No need to be scared whatsoever. Perhaps what this team really NEEDS is to play against two big guns in a row. A lot of the time, I find that most teams play better against better teams. Maybe we're about to see the real city.

I'm loving it.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:28 am

Crossie wrote:They will be 2 much different games than the previous 3, we wont be kicked about the park.

Robinho should be able to excel, more room for everyone, more ball on the ground.

LEts be honest, 2 points from those 2 games will be a big step fwd, and would put us on course for a top 4 spot theoretically.

4 points would cement a feeling that we were destined for top 4

6 points and the league is ours lol (jk)

Lets not forget arse and scum could loose players to injury. I think if Fabregas is injured we should beat arsenal, if rooney gets a knock we could do over scum. One things for sure its got us all talking positively, which makes a change

I hope the rags do play football against us but I'll be surprised if they do. I think they'll try to use Fletcher, Park, Rooney etc to kick holes out of us & try to create a battle & put pressure on the ref. That's what Ferguson's always done against teams with skilled attacking players who may be better than theirs; get them in a battle & appeal to the ref to make out it's their fault, then mug them. We need to be ready for it & not rise to the bait & not give away free kicks real or otherwise, around the box. If the rags do decide to play us at football though, I make us favourites.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum