I wonder! Definately not ITK.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: I wonder! Definately not ITK.

Postby edge275 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:47 am

Hughes has apparently been showing one or two journos the marks on the wall where during the initial meeting with the new owners reps, he wrote the name of the player he wanted to bring in to start everything off; it says Robinho.

I am concerned that Hughes always subs him off. I am concerned he didn't play in the Portsmouth game.

Just because Hughes had an A4 sheet with Robinho written on doesn't mean a thing.

The owners question when they took over could've been "Who is an available star player who might come? We need to make a big signing"

And Robinho was wrote down.

I also do think Robinho does track back and work hard more than he's given credit for but it's obvious that isn't his strength, and I have a feeling it doesn't sit too well with Hughes.

vs Blackburn - Tevez’ came on at the expense of Robinho in the 68th minute.

vs Wolves - Nigel de Jong took Robinho’s place in the 86th minute.

vs Crystal Palace - Bellamy came on for Robinho in the 72nd minute.

vs Portsmouth - Didn't play

I am well aware that it's a squad game and I don't mind Robinho or whoever being rested, or not playing for tactical reasons etc. But the above is not what's done with british record transfer fee signings. Out of the 4 games we've played he's been subbed for 3 and not played at all for another.

Lets see against Arsenal if he lasts the match without being dragged off or indeed even starts.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Wooders » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:57 am

it was absolutely the right decision to leave him out of the portsmouth game, they were kicking clumps out of our lads and robinho never responds well to that
what are you on about anyway? You don't sub british transfer record signings? since when?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:04 am

Against Palace when he had his chance and dinked it over their keeper only to be robbed of a CLEARLY ONSIDE goal he was absolutely dripping with sweat and we'd only played something like half an hour (Im a bit hazy on when the chance occured to be honest) - I have a feeling he's either unwell or not fully fit.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john68 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:09 am

Dameerto wrote:Against Palace when he had his chance and dinked it over their keeper only to be robbed of a CLEARLY ONSIDE goal he was absolutely dripping with sweat and we'd only played something like half an hour (Im a bit hazy on when the chance occured to be honest) - I have a feeling he's either unwell or not fully fit.

...or maybe...he is doing a little more work for the team than some give him credit for.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:14 am

SSN are reporting Portsmouth have bought TBH from us!!! Break out the champaign boys. Best of luck at your new club, chopper.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:53 am

Wooders wrote:it was absolutely the right decision to leave him out of the portsmouth game, they were kicking clumps out of our lads and robinho never responds well to that
what are you on about anyway? You don't sub british transfer record signings? since when?

Quality!

Its quite bizarre:

1) Hughes deserves no credit for signing Robinho

2) Hughes deserves no credit for starting Robinho in the first two games

3) Hughes deserves no credit for taking off Robinho when he is became ineffective in these 2 games

4) Hughes deserves no credit when his decisions regarding players & tactics for our first four games has seen us with a 100% record and the only club in the entire league that have yet to concede, whilst passing a tough test at Crystal Palace and progressing to the next round of the cup.

I'll say one thing - if this had been 4 losses... actually no, if it had even been ONE loss, there would be a seperate thread on why hughes has to go. In fact I'm quite sure some are dying for that first opportunity to do their usual, unfounded 'I told you so' posts.

Please note, I haven't done an attention seeking extremely premature thread about how hughes should be given a new contract or high praise. I just hope some of the extremists keep the same level headedness.

Because if not, I swear to God, I'll riddle this board in high praise of the manager after every single win.

And I've a feeling I'll have more opportunities than the haters.
Original Dub

Postby patrickblue » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:05 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:If Hughes had played Robinho against Portsmouth and he hadnt played well and even worse if we hadnt won, there would have been questions asked about why he didn't leave him out of this one. We can't keep the same team for 38 matches and this seemed an ideal one for him to miss as most on here seem to agree.

You can't please all the people all the time etc etc

Nail on the head DH. I think it's general knowledge that Robbie is not at his best away to physical teams, in fact everyone spent half of last year slagging him for it. So as you say, what better time to rest him and play Bellamy who is always up for a scrap.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum