final suprise or finished in the transfer market poll

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

I think there will be

One or more players coming in
27%
No more players coming in
73%

Total votes : 67

Re: final suprise or finished in the transfer market poll

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:09 pm

Slim wrote:Two of them are squad depth players

Yeah we all know that

But you could apply that theory to (at least) one of the three strikers we signed. Considering we have Robinho and Bellamy already. One or more of them is always going to be on the bench.

We were building a solid squad so each of them is a real signing IMO (even if, in the case of those two they are likely to be cover). If Given or Bridge gets injured Taylor will certainly be in the first team and I'd imagine Syl will start before Garrido
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:12 pm

ant london wrote:
Slim wrote:Two of them are squad depth players

Yeah we all know that

But you could apply that theory to (at least) one of the three strikers we signed. Considering we have Robinho and Bellamy already. One or more of them is always going to be on the bench.

We were building a solid squad so each of them is a real signing IMO (even if, in the case of those two they are likely to be cover). If Given or Bridge gets injured Taylor will certainly be in the first team and I'd imagine Syl will start before Garrido

I suspect at times all three would be used at different times injuries non-withstanding.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:30 pm

Think were done now me.

(Wouldn't mind a sneaky bid for Van der Vaart though ;-)
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:41 pm

ant london wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:I will believe both the manager and Chairman in this respect, both said 6 players and 6 have arrived.

The manager has also said before now that his buying business is done, unless someone special was to come available, and this late into the window there won't be someone special just suddenly becoming available.

you've been posting some good stuff of late, but your maths is still not up to much.....

count them

taylor
lescott
sylvinho
toure
barry
tevez
santa cruz
adebayor

I think we could very well have been in the market for an additional (attacking) midfielder. The fact that we haven't gone for one makes me think that the management team are pretty bullish about MJ's comeback potential (and the fact that they have got him over the injury issues)

I hold my hands up on the maths issue, I was hoping RSC and Taylor were a bad dream, thanks for ruining my day
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:58 pm

CityGer wrote:I think we'll mke one more addition and that it will be a midfielder.

i think so as well. Great minds think alike.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Vhero » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:37 pm

I think we will get an unknown youngster maybe before the window closes or a backup player in case of injury's but I doubt any big signings unless we go for a last minute.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby simon12 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:53 pm

maybe one more brazilian kid which will probably be announced weds/thurs. Not itk by the way.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby BmoreBlue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:04 pm

heart says add in one attacking midfielder, head says we're done. either way this window has been fantastic.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
ant london wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:I will believe both the manager and Chairman in this respect, both said 6 players and 6 have arrived.

The manager has also said before now that his buying business is done, unless someone special was to come available, and this late into the window there won't be someone special just suddenly becoming available.

you've been posting some good stuff of late, but your maths is still not up to much.....

count them

taylor
lescott
sylvinho
toure
barry
tevez
santa cruz
adebayor

I think we could very well have been in the market for an additional (attacking) midfielder. The fact that we haven't gone for one makes me think that the management team are pretty bullish about MJ's comeback potential (and the fact that they have got him over the injury issues)

I hold my hands up on the maths issue, I was hoping RSC and Taylor were a bad dream, thanks for ruining my day

Ant's right, you're posting has definitely stepped up of late...

However, while I understand you hate RSC's injury record, I don't understand what our back up keeper, Stuart Taylor has done so badly that he is now referred to as a 'bad dream'?
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum