final suprise or finished in the transfer market poll

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

I think there will be

One or more players coming in
27%
No more players coming in
73%

Total votes : 67

final suprise or finished in the transfer market poll

Postby Wooders » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:57 am

Forget players like Dunnie and Banjani leaving, do you reckon there will be deadline day drama as far as player imports go?

Personally I can't see it myself as we've done brilliantly over the window
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: final suprise or finished in the transfer market poll

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:04 pm

I have a feeling we may see one more come in. It could just be my inner child though!

I'm hopeful of an attacking mid - perhaps one that has one or two years left at the top.

That said, hughes and Ireland have both confirmed that he has been played in a deeper role, so I'm not sure our attacks through the centre will be as important or as frequent as they were last season.
Original Dub

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:05 pm

Voted for no more players in, though a Robi style last minute deal would be superb
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby edge275 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:05 pm

We are missing an attacking midfielder in my opinion.

I personally wouldn't mind a bid for Deco.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Beanieboy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:06 pm

nothing groundbreaking but i think there might still be a few youngish back-up boys coming in
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:07 pm

I reckon we are done for this transfer window and I don't expect many players to come in, in january eitehr.

Our squad looks very strong right now and I can't see any clearly weak areas. If we make Champions league next summer might be hectic, if we don't I reckon Hughes will get boot anyway so there will be new manager and possibly his new players.

That is for first team obviously, there might be some talented kids coming.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:08 pm

I reckon we are done for this transfer window and I don't expect many players to come in, in january eitehr.

Our squad looks very strong right now and I can't see any clearly weak areas. If we make Champions league next summer might be hectic, if we don't I reckon Hughes will get boot anyway so there will be new manager and possibly his new players.

Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:14 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I reckon we are done for this transfer window and I don't expect many players to come in, in january eitehr.

I don't think he'll get the boot if we challenge strongly for top four and finish 5th mate. If we never look like getting into the top four though, I'd say they'll have a long hard look at it.

I'd fucking love to knock Liverpool out of the top four and on what I've seen so far, they are the most vulnerable.

Its clear as day there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes and I'm not just talking about funds. They were poison again against Bolton and are missing Alonso BIG time.
Original Dub

Postby CityGer » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:18 pm

I think we'll mke one more addition and that it will be a midfielder.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:43 pm

I will believe both the manager and Chairman in this respect, both said 6 players and 6 have arrived.

The manager has also said before now that his buying business is done, unless someone special was to come available, and this late into the window there won't be someone special just suddenly becoming available.
Robinho_Is_GOD
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:49 pm

Went for one more at least, maybe a sneaky one like Sylvinho. What about the Micah injury?

Also tbh I'm not sure about either right or left flank defensively (midfield), and I agree about centre-mid also. There isn't really any cover for Ireland and yesterday we cried out for someone like Xabi Alonso to put a foot on the ball.

Not sure we will add yet though, just a hunch.

Amazing how many players we actually had. Dunne, Benji, Garrido, TBH still to go at least. McGivern made it 17 first team squad players I reckon, out the door one way or another. + the above.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:57 pm

edge275 wrote:We are missing an attacking midfielder in my opinion.

I personally wouldn't mind a bid for Deco.

Totally agree with the first bit there Edge, personally not Deco for me, but we do lack a creative attacking midfielder, unless Hughes was to put Robinho in there, and that would be suicidal, as he would have to tackle more in that position, not to mention it would be a foreign one for him.

We need a replacement for Elano, to free both Ireland and Barry up, instead of expecting them to do it all in the middle as neither are creative, or likely to open the opposition up with a pass....Deco would, so would Sneijder, Elano, van der Vaart, Sessagnon or even Moutinho.
Robinho_Is_GOD
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:58 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, a surprise??? Nice to think it but I think our transfer dealings have been well and truly concluded for this period, and although I do believe we still have 'Irons in the fire' so to speak, none of them will be coming just yet!

The question is, 'Do we actually need any more players or are we just getting giddy'?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ant london » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:08 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:I will believe both the manager and Chairman in this respect, both said 6 players and 6 have arrived.

The manager has also said before now that his buying business is done, unless someone special was to come available, and this late into the window there won't be someone special just suddenly becoming available.

you've been posting some good stuff of late, but your maths is still not up to much.....

count them

taylor
lescott
sylvinho
toure
barry
tevez
santa cruz
adebayor

I think we could very well have been in the market for an additional (attacking) midfielder. The fact that we haven't gone for one makes me think that the management team are pretty bullish about MJ's comeback potential (and the fact that they have got him over the injury issues)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:10 pm

What is it that Hughes always says? "If top quality players become available that fit the team then we are always interested"......
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:46 pm

I have a feeling we may see a petrov for bentley swap...no itk, just a feeling.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:49 pm

Manx Blue wrote:I have a feeling we may see a petrov for bentley swap...no itk, just a feeling.

I wondered that at the start of the window but with SWP, Tevez and a rapidly developing Weiss, I just don't see the need for him
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:56 pm

i think that we will be one more signing, hope if there is, lets make it a big un
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:57 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:I have a feeling we may see a petrov for bentley swap...no itk, just a feeling.

I wondered that at the start of the window but with SWP, Tevez and a rapidly developing Weiss, I just don't see the need for him

I would agree. However, petrov may be more trouble than bentley, in an on the bench scenario. I would prefer we kept rigsby though
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:01 pm

ant london wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:I will believe both the manager and Chairman in this respect, both said 6 players and 6 have arrived.

you've been posting some good stuff of late, but your maths is still not up to much.....

count them

taylor
lescott
sylvinho
toure
barry
tevez
santa cruz
adebayor

I think we could very well have been in the market for an additional (attacking) midfielder. The fact that we haven't gone for one makes me think that the management team are pretty bullish about MJ's comeback potential (and the fact that they have got him over the injury issues)

Two of them are squad depth players and unlikely to see the pitch except in case of injury.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum