Ade bigs up the fans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ade bigs up the fans

Postby xavi6 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:39 pm

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live_feed/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/08/31/SOCCER_Man_City_Nightlead.html&ID=

ADE REPAYING 'LOVE' FROM CITY FANS

By Mike McGrath, Press Association Sport

Emmanuel Adebayor has taken another swipe at Arsenal fans by explaining how their Manchester City counterparts have inspired his free-scoring start to the season.

The 25-year-old felt Gunners supporters took their frustrations out on him last season and the Togo striker insists he is enjoying his football again following his summer move.

"As soon as you play for a team where the fans love you and are always behind you, you try to give them something back," he said.

"That is what I have been showing since I joined this club. It is the same with new players like Carlos Tevez and Gareth Barry - with the support from the fans, that motivates and makes you a special player."

After scoring three minutes into his City career with the opener against Blackburn, Adebayor has scored winners in away trips to Wolves and Portsmouth.

"We have three wins, three clean sheets, nine points - for us the most important thing is believing we can do something good," the £25million signing added.

"We'll see where the season takes us. We have to keep enjoying ourselves."

Gareth Barry's corner set up Adebayor for the winner at Fratton Park on Sunday, meaning City have already matched the two away wins in the league of last season.

"Ade is a great front man to hit, and when he attacks at corners with the leap he has there are not many defenders that can live with him," said Barry.

"We hope he's got a couple more of them left in him this season."

Adebayor is relishing his role in City's fluid front three, with Tevez and Craig Bellamy supporting him at Pompey and Robinho on the bench.

"In football there is one language," he added.

"If you know how to play football you have to adapt to whoever is on your side.

"We all know what a quality player Carlos Tevez is, and his ability. Playing alongside him is easy.

"It is the same with Craig Bellamy - he understands the game so well. We are enjoying ourselves, and that is why we are doing well at the moment. The fans are happy, and we are happy."

City boss Hughes is also impressed with Bellamy.

"Craig was exceptional," he said.

"His energy and willingness to work for the team and his ability to carry the ball from deep areas into the opposition half was invaluable for us.

"I wanted to play Craig because I felt if we did come under pressure he would be a good outlet for us.

"It wasn't a reflection on how 'Robbie' [Robinho] has done in the last few games - because he has been excellent - but it was horses for courses.

"I felt the ability Craig has would be a factor for us, and that is how it panned out."

Next for City are Arsenal and rivals Manchester United after the international break, meaning Adebayor will face the club he left this summer.

"They made me a better player and believed in my quality when I first came to England," he said of the Gunners.

"To play against them will be special.

"The boss gave me the chance to be where I am today. But the most important thing is Manchester City - I would give anything for the three points."

I love you too Ade! :D

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Re: Ade bigs up the fans

Postby Vhero » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:38 pm

Yeah guys gonna be a legend this season :)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby BmoreBlue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:36 pm

good to see ade's scoring at wolves - don't think that game is for a few more months.

liked the bit about hughes playing bellamy yesterday - "horses for courses" and all that. team selection and tactics are going to make or break this team IMO.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby rick1894citizen » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:58 pm

Have been suprised at his workrate and if he keeps that up then even when has abit of a drought we'll be wright behind him, could become a legend if were as succesful as were all hoping.

Can see Robi getting off the mark aswel so the Arse game could be a classic, another beauty like last season would be class ;o)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:04 pm

Good start, be interesting to see how he reacts when things aren't going our way so much.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby There's only 1 city!! » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:50 am

Any song's for him????
There's only 1 city!!
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:28 am

There's only 1 city!! wrote:Any song's for him????

The two from the Rovers match were:

Adebayor! Adebayorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
He's hung like an elephant. His wife must be sore.

and

Adebayor! Adebayorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Just like Tevez, he said fuck the top 4!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Return to The Maine Football forum