bentley for petrov

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: bentley for petrov

Postby Vhero » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:49 am

OhDannyBoy wrote:
conkers wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
razor400 wrote:SSN Understands that t would be Bentley on loan to us with Petrov staying a blue. That would be a win win situation for us.

That's better. Although I still have no idea where we'd use Bentley. Maybe to clean SWP's boots?

Bentley is a far better crosser.

I agree he is

But swp is the better dribbler and has the better workrate, stronger and can tackle..

Shauny is used more of a central midfielder that edges out wide, we would have to change our whole line up to play with bentley as like petrov he is an out n out winger..

Would be a nice option of playing the 2 big lads uptop 2 real wingers and 2 holders in the middle wouldnt it?...Get the crosses in

But still people what's gonna happen to Weiss if we sign Bentley?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Socrates » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:14 am

Bentley is one of the biggest waste's of space in football. Don't want this lazy, arrogant drunkard anywhere near our club.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Zezou » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:16 am

I really wouldnt sign bentley myself, much prefer sweep & also i would deffo keep petrov for the left side...
Maybe hughes has a got a left sider ligned up? ribery? ha
Zezou
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:17 am

Vhero wrote:
OhDannyBoy wrote:
conkers wrote:
razor400 wrote:SSN Understands that t would be Bentley on loan to us with Petrov staying a blue. That would be a win win situation for us.

That's better. Although I still have no idea where we'd use Bentley. Maybe to clean SWP's boots?

Bentley is a far better crosser.

I agree he is

But swp is the better dribbler and has the better workrate, stronger and can tackle..

Shauny is used more of a central midfielder that edges out wide, we would have to change our whole line up to play with bentley as like petrov he is an out n out winger..

Would be a nice option of playing the 2 big lads uptop 2 real wingers and 2 holders in the middle wouldnt it?...Get the crosses in

But still people what's gonna happen to Weiss if we sign Bentley?

He will live.

Weiss has a big, long term part to play at the club if he keeps up.

But remember the club are planning for a big go at something this season. Blooding youngsters can't feature too heavily, unless he advances at a rapid pace.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:17 am

Zezou wrote:I really wouldnt sign bentley myself, much prefer sweep & also i would deffo keep petrov for the left side...
Maybe hughes has a got a left sider ligned up? ribery? ha

Well if Ribery does really want to move, the only place he can is the Premier League...
Original Dub

Postby walshawblue » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:20 am

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Would be every bit as stupid a deal as Barca giving Inter £40m and Eto'o for Ibrahimovic.

Smacks of desperation this one, add to the fact that Bentley wouldn't even get into our side, he isn't even good enough to get into the Spuds line-up, so why bother?.

Would put a dampner on a fantastic day so far..........................TBH (GONE), Dunne (GONE), Benjani (please just GO).

Unfortunatly any deal with Benjani will have to be a loan deal because of work permits, if he gets transferred to another club he has to renew his work pemit and the deadline for that was yesterday, but if is a loan he is ok with the one that city have got for him.
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:23 am

Can't Petrov leave on a free next summer? i think getting something in return in terms of valuation is better than nothing, because he clearly is one who needs first team footy
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:26 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Interesting but that would mean Harry REALLY wants him out. Maybe his head's gone.

Which begs the question why that is? Could be the drink-driving sentence. When Harry was in that car crash in Italy 1990, didn't he crash with someone who had been drinking? Or is my memory playing tricks with me?

I'm not sure myself but I've definitely heard people say that recently.

From Wikipedia....so make of it what you will!

"In June 1990, whilst watching the World Cup in Italy, Redknapp was involved in a car crash with Bournemouth's managing director Brian Tiler, who died along with four other people. Though Redknapp made a full recovery (apart from being permanently without a sense of smell), he decided to have a rest from football.1991–92 season."

Shame he can't smell the shite he spouts.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:16 pm

Related: if Spurs actually get Petrov, Krancjar and James today they will be in pretty fantastic shape. There is no reason to think they can't be a serious rival this season.

And i hate them.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby walshawblue » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:22 pm

According to sky Bentley will not become a city player this transfer window. Does that mean we may sign him in the January window?
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:39 pm

walshawblue wrote:According to sky Bentley will not become a city player this transfer window. Does that mean we may sign him in the January window?

Give it 5 more minutes and you will hear another "According to Sky Sports Daveid Bentley will......"
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:39 pm

I wonder if games are being played here?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:41 pm

You think twitchy is using us to drum up interest?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Socrates » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:53 pm

Thank sky fairy for that! Only use I can think of for him would be to put his head on a pole outside the Academy as a permanent reminder to the kids of what NOT to become.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby david yearsley » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:54 pm

To bin dippers apparently
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:59 pm

Slim wrote:You think twitchy is using us to drum up interest?

It could be that way around or it could be that we have pulled the plug because we don't like the deal that Twitchy wants with Petrov involved. I don't know but I would not be surprised if there is another twist in the tail.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Slim wrote:You think twitchy is using us to drum up interest?

It could be that way around or it could be that we have pulled the plug because we don't like the deal that Twitchy wants with Petrov involved. I don't know but I would not be surprised if there is another twist in the tail.

I would like a bombshell signing, but this Bentley/Petrov thing seems like players will just be trading benches.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:45 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Can't Petrov leave on a free next summer? i think getting something in return in terms of valuation is better than nothing, because he clearly is one who needs first team footy

He can yes but I think we would rather him leave for nothing where he will probably goto Spain or something rather than selling him to a rival. Especially this year as there so much pressure on us.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Vhero wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Can't Petrov leave on a free next summer? i think getting something in return in terms of valuation is better than nothing, because he clearly is one who needs first team footy

He can yes but I think we would rather him leave for nothing where he will probably goto Spain or something rather than selling him to a rival. Especially this year as there so much pressure on us.

This maybe a first, but I agree.

I was sick at the idea of us making Spurs a better side. He would have been a great signing for them.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby irblinx » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:06 pm

Fortunately for us it would seem that none of the spurs fans were prepared to "drive him there myself", I think he checked on the National Express timetable but no joy
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum