Dunne to Villa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dunne to Villa

Postby Grob » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Well im gutted he's gone.

I guess after being captain and a first team regular for 7 or 8 years, sitting on the bench at the same club isnt really an option at 29.

An excellent servent and a very good player for us. And you cant say that about too many players these days.

Good luck Dunney, and i truely mean that.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:01 pm

It's interesting to note that the transfers of Dunne and Barry have been very similiar in terms of the time they played for the club and the love the fans have for the players.

However, what a contrast between the two sets of supporters. To a man, city fans wish Dunne nothing but good luck and all the best for the future yet Villa fans despise Barry and can't wait for him to fail and to boo him loudly.

Says a lot about the supporters :-D
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby jhd24 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:04 pm

i think it is a bit harsh saying dunne is greedy,i dont think it was the testimonial money he was looking for but a loyalty bonus as he never asked to leave why should he not look for whats owed to him.thats what seems to be the problem it seems to me.he has been treated a bit badly in the last few months imo
jhd24
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:47 pm

did anyone see what ou friend merse had to say about it?

RICHARD DUNNE TO ASTON VILLA
I would take that. I think he's bang unlucky to be leaving Man City because he's probably the best centre-half out of all of them. Maybe he's not the sort of defender who will get on the ball and spray passes around left, right and centre - but when you want to win trophies you need people who can defend. He'll put his head where other centre-halves don't put it and I think that will be a good buy for Villa.

gotta love him
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blue2 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:26 pm

He's very sadly deluded if he thinks Villa can make the top 4

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 44,00.html
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals