Dunne to Villa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dunne to Villa

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:01 am

ant london wrote:Seems that this is at least part of the reason for the hold-up. They have dispensation for the extension so it should still go through.

For what it's worth (if this is true), I think he's a cheeky cunt. He's been picking up tens of thousands of pounds per week for the last 9 years. And is off to earn (if the reports are to be believed) somewhere in the region of 75k a week.

I was firmly of the opinion that he deserved a testimonial but, the purpose of such a game would be for us, the fans, to show our appreciation and for him (I would have sincerely hoped) to raise some money for a good cause.

Unless the money he's been trying to extract from the club is donated in the above manner, then he's a mercenary bastard....I wasn't sad to see him go from a playing perspective but this has really disappointed me as I always had him down as one of the good guys.

Dunne had passed a medical and settled personal terms with Villa after the clubs agreed a fee before the weekend. But the Ireland defender wanted compensation for giving up a testimonial at City next summer.

He did not ask to leave City and still had three years left on his £55,000-a-week contract. It is believed the initial offer made by City fell well short of what Dunne felt was a reasonable figure.

A source close to the player said: ‘Richard believes the initial offer he received from Manchester City was not befitting someone who had given nine years’ service.’

IF, and that is big IF, that is true then it's bit shit and leaves bitter taste in th mouth. Surely he wasn't going to keep the testimonial money to himself?????

I mean not everyone can be Stephen Ireland and do extra work for charity but eversince Niall Quinn it has been standard for rich beyond wildest dreams Premier League players to give money from testimonial to good cause.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:09 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ant london wrote:Seems that this is at least part of the reason for the hold-up. They have dispensation for the extension so it should still go through.

For what it's worth (if this is true), I think he's a cheeky cunt. He's been picking up tens of thousands of pounds per week for the last 9 years. And is off to earn (if the reports are to be believed) somewhere in the region of 75k a week.

I was firmly of the opinion that he deserved a testimonial but, the purpose of such a game would be for us, the fans, to show our appreciation and for him (I would have sincerely hoped) to raise some money for a good cause.

Unless the money he's been trying to extract from the club is donated in the above manner, then he's a mercenary bastard....I wasn't sad to see him go from a playing perspective but this has really disappointed me as I always had him down as one of the good guys.

Dunne had passed a medical and settled personal terms with Villa after the clubs agreed a fee before the weekend. But the Ireland defender wanted compensation for giving up a testimonial at City next summer.

He did not ask to leave City and still had three years left on his £55,000-a-week contract. It is believed the initial offer made by City fell well short of what Dunne felt was a reasonable figure.

A source close to the player said: ‘Richard believes the initial offer he received from Manchester City was not befitting someone who had given nine years’ service.’

IF, and that is big IF, that is true then it's bit shit and leaves bitter taste in th mouth. Surely he wasn't going to keep the testimonial money to himself?????

I mean not everyone can be Stephen Ireland and do extra work for charity but eversince Niall Quinn it has been standard for rich beyond wildest dreams Premier League players to give money from testimonial to good cause.

Im with you on this NQDP for someone who has been given so much from Manchester not to give some back to a local chairty or whatever leaves me a bit cold.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:14 am

We should probably wait a few days & see if this money does get donated to charity (I'm sure City's PR machine will let us know) but if it doesn't then it's not good at all. The testimonial is for people who stay for ten years anyway not nine. If he's insisting on pocketing money he hasn't yet earned, as well as his loyalty bonus & it's a potential deal-breaker, then he's pretty much saying he's not arsed if he stays or goes; his main consideration is the cash.

I genuinely believed it was the desire to play football which motivated him, so I'll stick to that belief for a while longer whilst we find out the truth.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby razor400 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:20 am

Lets face it he was pissed for the first years he was here, so in reality he shouldn't be due a testimonial for another 3 years.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Blue2 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:20 am

Agree 100%, if they deal was delayed because Dunne was haggling over a "loyalty" bonus then fuck him. The money he has got from City over the years, including when he was on the piss, must be astronomical. If, however it goes to charity, then good on him.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:18 am

Martin O Neil on Dunne: " He has the type of characteristics you look for. He’s strong but he can use the ball well too"

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:21 am

lol - football wanting more money shocker!

Always find it amusing that we should ever dare to think differently.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:21 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Martin O Neil on Dunne: " He has the type of characteristics you look for. He’s strong but he can welly the ball well too"

That's what MON meant to say
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby dazby » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:43 am

I hope it's a big sticking point and the deal collapses. He shouldn't go. Not yet anyway.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:44 am

id imagine its a priniciple thing more than a money thing but lets slate him anyway its more fun....
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Blue2 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:49 am

dazby wrote:I hope it's a big sticking point and the deal collapses. He shouldn't go. Not yet anyway.

Dunne deal according to OS - http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... -for-Villa
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:54 am

Blue2 wrote:
dazby wrote:I hope it's a big sticking point and the deal collapses. He shouldn't go. Not yet anyway.

Dunne deal according to OS - http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... -for-Villa

Nice little tribute to him that.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:55 am

I think you will find the standard bearer for charity work in this squad is in fact Craig Bellamy.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Blue2 wrote:

Nice little tribute to him that.

I thought so too....lovely write up. Fully deserved.

Good luck Dunney Monster. I shall miss you you big dopey eeedjit
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:04 pm

Have to agree that it has left a slight bad taste in the mouth that he has attempted to cash in on a testamonial. If City had sacked or sold him like they should have in his first 2/3 years here then we wouldnt have ever got a wift of any testimonial money.

If it turns out he has donated a large amount of his cash to charity then I will happily retract my statement.

Though it seems weird that we would pay him since it appears he asked to leave, surely that means he would forefit the money and if we really didnt want him to leave we wouldnt have paid out.
ross.mcfc

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:12 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Have to agree that it has left a slight bad taste in the mouth that he has attempted to cash in on a testamonial. If City had sacked or sold him like they should have in his first 2/3 years here then we wouldnt have ever got a wift of any testimonial money.

If it turns out he has donated a large amount of his cash to charity then I will happily retract my statement.

Though it seems weird that we would pay him since it appears he asked to leave, surely that means he would forefit the money and if we really didnt want him to leave we wouldnt have paid out.

I don't think "wanting money" is a good enough reason to lose respect for a footballer - they all absolutely love money. he's not exactly scrooge mcduck is he.
It's always been his lionhearted displays which I've loved and it's those i'll remember him as a city legend for.

The Big Man has been our boy since I was 14 - he's been there, in the trenches, almost every season I've had my season ticket - I'll miss him (and that link to our past) greatly.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ant london » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:15 pm

onto the big question though Pint....are you re-branding or keeping the moniker for posterity?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:23 pm

ant london wrote:onto the big question though Pint....are you re-branding or keeping the moniker for posterity?

the latter.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Slim wrote:

I think you will find the standard bearer for charity work in this squad is in fact Craig Bellamy.

He has gathered loads of money to Africa and visited there (and caused a row in his trip!), and credit to him for doing that. Stevie and his missus are to my knowledge in weekly contact to childrens hospital and really put time and money to the cause.

But any which way, giant credit to both of them for doing. 99.99% of these twats only concentrate on picking a new Bentley to drive to lamppost drunk.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:03 pm

He has set up a youth academy there for the kids, and it's Sierra Leone, that place is more in need of help than just about anywhere in the world. Credit and a monster pair on him for visiting there.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum