Another foreign youngster

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Another foreign youngster

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:24 am

That's the Maltese market cracked then:

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi ... h-man-city

17-year-old James Paris has just signed a professional contract with Manchester City FC team for a year.

Mr Paris has been at the Manchester City FC youth academy for the last couple of years after being signed from Pieta Hotspurs.

He is the first Maltese youngster to sign professionally for an English Premier League team.

Mr Paris has worked hard for this opportunity and has vowed to do his utmost to try and force his way into the first team squad.

His progress can be followed on Manchester City's official website under the academy section. He has recently played against Crystal Palace and Cardiff City FC.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Another foreign youngster

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:32 am

Ummm, he's been here for a while now...it even says it in the article.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:34 am

Does he have a honeycomb centre?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:36 am

I seem to remember there was another Maltese kid who came around the same time. Can't remember the name.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby david yearsley » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:38 am

If he´s a winger we can look forward to a few Maltese Crosses then! - sorry couldn´t resist it!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:39 am

1. When did you first knew about the interest of Man City Academy? They were the only foreign club interested?
I first knew about the prospect of playing for Mancheter City when Jon Motorshead (my agent) and also the man that runs football frenzy told me that a man named Alan Williams was coming to see me train with a view to getting me some trials abroad ! Wayne Peart was also there to watch me !
Anyways after they liked what they say they recommended me to a man from city they knew...He then invited me on a trial about 2 months later and on my third day on trail I was offered a contract.. my parents then flew up about 2 weeks later so that we could sign the contract and see where I will be going to school and where I would be living.
Before going on trial with Manchester City I had gone on trial with Empoli for one week and shouldn't Man City have signed me I would have signed there !
I also had Reading and Southampton looking at me but I was never offered a contract by them.

2. What was your first reaction apart from being happy?
I was very excited as I was going to be at one of the best academies in England and maybe even the world ! I realized what a good opportunity I had too as it was the first step towards playing in the premiership !I was very proud , as were my parents but this was only the start.

3. How's living life in Manchester on the bring to sign a professional contract in few years time?
I love the life here ! The people are all very nice and the football is great ! It is very hard work with playing football full time but this is what I love !
When I signed I had the option in my contract of signing a professional contract so that is in my hands.

4. What's your motivation?
My main aim is to become the first Maltese player to play in the premiership, I also want to play for the main national team before I turn 19. My parents are my biggest motivators and also my friends. The future is looking bright and I seem to be improving every day which is only beneficial to myself and Malta.

5. A typical James Paris day ... studying, training, etc...? Put us in the picture how you are living.
The days are all different here... A typical week would be :
Monday - college in the morning where I do psychology and sports studies..After that we finish at about 12 and go to the academy for lunch..We then have a training session for 2 hours which is usually a technical session and also weights after !
Tuesday - we must in at the academy by 930..We get a taxi everyday and wherever we go which is paid for by the club - they really take care of us !
We then have 2 training sessions in the whole day ( both of them 2 hours long ) with lunch in between..The food at the club is very good !
Wednesday - The same as Tuesday except that we also have a weights session ! It is the hardest working day of the week !
Thursday - College from 9 till 4!
Friday - we have a training session in the morning at 1030am till 12..Fridays are always different as if we have a game on Saturday then we are finished after lunch . However if we are not playing on the Friday we train again the afternoon and also have a weights session..I also forgot to say that every Tuesday and Friday morning we have movement clinic before the first session ! This is done by the fitness coach with a view to activating our muscles before training !
Saturday - either train or play
Sunday - free

6. Who's the most impressive player you trained with yet at Manchester?
The most impressive player I have trained with at the academy is Kieran Trippier - hes an England international and also the Captian of the U18s side. However I have also trained with Didi Hamman , Nigel de Jong , Valeri Bojinov and Ched Evans before - they all play for the first team.

7. Recently you made it on the bench of the reserves? What's your next goal?
My next goal will be to get called up again and this time play. Also I would like to be one of the key players in the u18s squad next season.

8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time from now? Playing with Man City, National Team etc...
It is very hard to tell where I will be club wise..But hopefully I will be one of the best players in Malta in the next 2 years to come.

9. Who is your best team mate at the club?
My best mate at the club is probably Craig Frater who is also my house mate. We have been living in the same house together for the past year. However I also have many other good friends but there are too many to name.

10. What do you say to young Maltese football players that want to follow your steps playing for a great club? So we can see more talented players like you making the grade.
The most I can say is work hard and never give up. I never gave up after Reading decided not to give me a contract. I kept on working and now I am playing with the richest club in the world.
Another thing is .. Follow your dreams ! Many Maltese young players that have talent choose not to go to live abroad to play football but that is wrong. You must move away from Malta to become a professional player then you can also continue education as I am doing here.

Full name: James Paris
DOB: 22/05/1992
Playing Position: left wing / right wing
Previous clubs: St Andrews , Pieta , Manchester City
National Team Levels: Been playing with the national team since the age of 13
Favourite Playing Number: 11
Favourite Club: Local = Sliema , Worldwide = Liverpool

Little interview from Maltese Starlets blog...honestly with a name like that, they could have gone a completely different way.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:54 am

Is he pacey down the wings? I have an urge to call him 'Maltese Falcon'
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:55 am

Is this crap pun day today?

Deadline day makes fans crazy too.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:57 am

That Moses thread is to blame, I can't get out of it now
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:16 am

Does anybody know is anything happened with either Rodolfo (Pernao) that Brazilian kid who came to train with us for a few days and got his pic taken with Robinho, or even the Serbian striker who was given a trial this last week......we hear about this maybe happening and then all goes quiet, never even get told of the OS that City have backed away from the deal.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:51 am

Aleksic (the serbian lad) was sent home.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum