The Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Postby Vhero » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Crap day but at least Petrovs staying for 1 more season.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby david yearsley » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Heitinga couldn´t hold down a regular place at Atletico so we´ll see
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby kinkylola » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:48 pm

yea he didn't have a regular place at athletico, but that's mainly due to dutch glassman syndrome.

When he was healthy he played, if I recall correctly. could be wrong. FM superstar though for sure.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ja0005 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:58 pm

....one of our better windows that one.
M.C.F.C - Ruining Football Since 2008
ja0005
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 pm

When Benjani goes out on loan (or perhaps even if he doesn't) we will have the smallest squad in the Premier League.

Despite an excellent transfer window we will end up with no experienced cover for or pressure on SWP, Ireland and Barry.

We have 23 first teamers until January including a reserve goalkeeper and three not currently available through long term injury - RSC, Kompany & Johnson. It's unlikely that Garrido & Petrov will get many starts - so effectively that's just 17 players - 11 to play and 6 for the bench.

If we have reasonably good Cup runs we will actually play roughly the same number of games as if we were in the Europa League and didn't.

Our squad may be high quality but it is too small.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Burt » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:07 pm

johnny crossan wrote:When Benjani goes out on loan (or perhaps even if he doesn't) we will have the smallest squad in the Premier League.

Despite an excellent transfer window we will end up with no experienced cover for or pressure on SWP, Ireland and Barry.

We have 23 first teamers until January including a reserve goalkeeper and three not currently available through long term injury - RSC, Kompany & Johnson. It's unlikely that Garrido & Petrov will get many starts - so effectively that's just 17 players - 11 to play and 6 for the bench.

If we have reasonably good Cup runs we will actually play roughly the same number of games as if we were in the Europa League and didn't.

Johnson will be in the squad within a couple of weeks. Kompany the same, Nige Djong, Weiss, Crocky Santa are all also in there and let's not forget Petrov. Calm down mate, there's more than enough players in our squad and don't forget we can also recall any of our loan players if injuries hit hard.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Grob » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:26 pm

I think 23 first teamers in a squad for a team with no European football this season is the perfect number
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:05 pm

So is Benjani still with us & if so can he still go out on loan now the window's shut?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:29 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:So is Benjani still with us & if so can he still go out on loan now the window's shut?

Unfortunately Ted it seems he might still be here...

http://www.herald.co.zw/inside.aspx?sectid=9511&cat=5
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beanieboy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:51 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:So is Benjani still with us & if so can he still go out on loan now the window's shut?

I don't really mind Benji staying around to be honest,....as long as he doesn't play regularly that is,....guy is always smiling, never heard of him moaning about the big boys coming in and lack of games,...let him sit on the bench and give him a couple of 20 minute appearances in games that are in the bag.....
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:04 am

johnny crossan wrote:When Benjani goes out on loan (or perhaps even if he doesn't) we will have the smallest squad in the Premier League.

Barry:De Jong, Kompany
Ireland:Johnson, Tevez, SWP
SWP:Tevez, Bellamy, Robinho(w/Petrov on left)

I think we are short a central midfielder as I don't think we want to be relying on Johnson staying fit, but other than that we are in decent shape to cope with injuries as long as it's not a Everton 05/06(04/05?) level injury list, but that would have shafted anyone, sky4 included.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am

Beanieboy wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

I don't really mind Benji staying around to be honest,....as long as he doesn't play regularly that is,....guy is always smiling, never heard of him moaning about the big boys coming in and lack of games,...let him sit on the bench and give him a couple of 20 minute appearances in games that are in the bag.....

The bloke's not been good enough. I don't think he's anything like as bad a player as people make him out to be but he's never fully fit & he's not of the standard required. If he stays he's taking up the space of a young player & it's not good for us or for him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue2 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:22 am

Beanieboy wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

That 20 mins when the game "is in the bag" should be given to someone who has a future at this club, ie one of the youngsters, not some old never has been.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:58 am

Burt wrote:Johnson will be in the squad within a couple of weeks. Kompany the same, Nige Djong, Weiss, Crocky Santa are all also in there and let's not forget Petrov. Calm down mate, there's more than enough players in our squad and don't forget we can also recall any of our loan players if injuries hit hard.

I disagree. Kompany said on TV last week that he is a month away from being in contention. Johnson is even further away from match fitness. We can't recall players from season-long moves and we have no cover for crucial midfield areas.
Let's hope we get lucky with injuries.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:00 am

Beanieboy wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Give me 20 minutes every now and then and I'll be smiling, no laughing, as well. I don't even need to get paid.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:07 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Beanieboy wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Give me 20 minutes every now and then and I'll be smiling, no laughing, as well. I don't even need to get paid.

You wouldn't be smiling if you saw the review of your performances on here.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Beanieboy wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

You wouldn't be smiling if you saw the review of your performances on here.

I'm sure I'd still be smiling..... that is if we won!!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Burt » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:51 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Burt wrote:Johnson will be in the squad within a couple of weeks. Kompany the same, Nige Djong, Weiss, Crocky Santa are all also in there and let's not forget Petrov. Calm down mate, there's more than enough players in our squad and don't forget we can also recall any of our loan players if injuries hit hard.

I disagree. Kompany said on TV last week that he is a month away from being in contention. Johnson is even further away from match fitness. We can't recall players from season-long moves and we have no cover for crucial midfield areas.

I thought Leslie said Kompany well before the end September and don't forget we don't play again for nearly a frotnight. Dougie's training report said that Crocky is close to getting in the squad and Johnson's in advance of him so I think you're fretting about nowt mate.

Oh and we do have one of the best reserve teams in the country you know.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:58 am

Burt wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

I thought Leslie said Kompany well before the end September and don't forget we don't play again for nearly a frotnight. Dougie's training report said that Crocky is close to getting in the squad and Johnson's in advance of him so I think you're fretting about nowt mate.

Oh and we do have one of the best reserve teams in the country you know.

If we've got squad problems then everyone else has got worse problems.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beanieboy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:14 am

Blue2 wrote:
Beanieboy wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

That 20 mins when the game "is in the bag" should be given to someone who has a future at this club, ie one of the youngsters, not some old never has been.

that's true, i somehow just have a soft spot for the guy,....give him a costume then and teach him a little act to do before kick-off,....
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum