Training Tuesday 1/9

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 1/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:01 pm

Very few players around as expected but no let up for the ones who were there. Nedum ,Garrido,Silvinho and Zabba. With RSC and Johnson continuing their work on their own. It sill sounds promising re them both. RSC has got the go ahead to up his training work and Johnson has had no set backs either. MJ is slightly ahead in terms of being ready for selection.

Warm up routines followed by a very competitive game of head tennis ( won I think by Ned and Silvinho) and then some quick one two work ending in a cross to a striker. Best crosser I would say a toss up between Garrido and Silvinho and best finisher between Garrido and Zabba. But a special prize to Nedum for some really bad finishing. To be fair it was very windy and the ball was swirling all over the place but he simply couldnt get it right. Sorry Ned but you were laughing as well!

The camp is buzzing after the start but very clear that is all it is a good start. MB was saying Stevie was lucky not to be injured worse than he actually is the way Brown was laying into him with no protection. Happily his injuries are not bad and ,as with Micah, he will be back in training this week. Very pleased with the result and effort on Sunday and the game stats confirm the great workrate but better still to come.

I asked re Bentley and of course I got the " I couldnt possibly confirm" routine . They are aware that Bentley has a lot to prove but that of course is seen as a positive and it's not just a BBurn connection with him. Eddie N worked directly with him at Arsenal and knows exactly what kind of footballer and character we would be getting.

I passed on everyone's congratulations that we have now scored directly from 2 corners in 2 games. You did want me to do that right? The reality is that we have been getting better delivery ( basically Barry) and have a different make up of players in the box with better desire to get onto a cross, Toure/Lescott and Ade and with that desire, influence and movement , others pick up on it and the threat is so much greater.

Looking forward to the next game and crossed fingers that we don't get injured players back.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 1/9

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Cheers Doug always a pleasure
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:05 pm

Nice one Doug.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Twobob » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:18 pm

As allways - Thanks DH :-)

Glad to hear that Stevie will be fine and Micha too!

Feels strange that we actually have a threat at corners now - normally the opposition team get more advantage than us!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:23 pm

Thanks Doug. Although the threat of Adebayor & delivery from Barry at set pieces is obvious, I don't think it's a coincedence that we've scored 2 since Lescott arived. He's pulling defenders all over the place & his attacking of dangerous areas of the box is encouraging some of the other players to be more active. Whether it's a natural thing or something that Sgt Moyes has drilled into him I don't know but it works.

Dunne (bless him) was useless & ambled in to the back post with barely any threat whatsoever, often giving away free kicks or 'heading' the ball for a goalkick, often with his face.

A bloke on Bluemoon who'd been in City's dressing room before the game, posted a picture which showed a perfect diagram of that corner pinned on the wall so they definitely did work on it!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby AlpsMaster » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Thanks as usual.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:58 pm

Cheers Doug, at least you will no longer have to report back on yet another strong tackle by TBH thats left one of our squad hobbling off
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:29 pm

craigmcfc wrote:Cheers Doug, at least you will no longer have to report back on yet another strong tackle by TBH thats left one of our squad hobbling off

True enough. I didn't mention the other week a funny moment during one of the warm ups when players around the outside of the circle were feeding players in the middle for control and one touch stuff. TBH came towards SWP who took a look and said I am not giving it you I don't like you. It was 100% said as a joke and it was very funny in keeping with the general fun atmosphere.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:39 pm

Cheers Doug :)
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby shawzy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:49 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Thanks Doug. Although the threat of Adebayor & delivery from Barry at set pieces is obvious, I don't think it's a coincedence that we've scored 2 since Lescott arived. He's pulling defenders all over the place & his attacking of dangerous areas of the box is encouraging some of the other players to be more active. Whether it's a natural thing or something that Sgt Moyes has drilled into him I don't know but it works.

Dunne (bless him) was useless & ambled in to the back post with barely any threat whatsoever, often giving away free kicks or 'heading' the ball for a goalkick, often with his face.

A bloke on Bluemoon who'd been in City's dressing room before the game, posted a picture which showed a perfect diagram of that corner pinned on the wall so they definitely did work on it!

Your right Ted..Lescott in the portsmouth game took 2 defenders with him to the near post and made it a touch easier for Ade to score.It was ver clever stuff from Lescott.
Thanx for the report DH..Get ya long johns on for the next trainig sesh..Its gonna be cold this week :-)#
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:58 pm

shawzy wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Thanks Doug. Although the threat of Adebayor & delivery from Barry at set pieces is obvious, I don't think it's a coincedence that we've scored 2 since Lescott arived. He's pulling defenders all over the place & his attacking of dangerous areas of the box is encouraging some of the other players to be more active. Whether it's a natural thing or something that Sgt Moyes has drilled into him I don't know but it works.

Your right Ted..Lescott in the portsmouth game took 2 defenders with him to the near post and made it a touch easier for Ade to score.It was ver clever stuff from Lescott.
Thanx for the report DH..Get ya long johns on for the next trainig sesh..Its gonna be cold this week :-)#

Twas very cold tonight watching the reserves
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gillie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:59 pm

Cheers Doug your commitment is something that should be applauded loudly and wholeheartedly.Top report as usual.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby jonrambo » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:11 pm

Any news of when we can see johnno and rocky in action?
jonrambo
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Postby shawzy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:13 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
shawzy wrote:

Was a good win against Everton..Glad to hear Vidal was back on song..I really thought he had fooked his knee up in the African Nations Cup.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby irblinx » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 am

shawzy wrote:

It always is at mini coms, no protection from the elements and loads of empty seats so no body warmth generation, brrr
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:23 am

Very glad to hear about Stevie, seeing it on replay just looked worse and worse. Neddy doesn't have to worry, cause the moment we rely on him for goals I think we are in serious trouble.

Lescott is proving to be the right move already, even though we overpaid for him he does a job at both end. So I guess he is really only half the price.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ross.mcfc » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:29 am

Slim wrote:Very glad to hear about Stevie, seeing it on replay just looked worse and worse. Neddy doesn't have to worry, cause the moment we rely on him for goals I think we are in serious trouble.

Lescott is proving to be the right move already, even though we overpaid for him he does a job at both end. So I guess he is really only half the price.

Regarding the Lescott price. Does anyone ever mention the amount that Ferdinand cost united over 6 years ago now? If we get 3/4 good years out of Lescott and I have no reason to think we wont be getting a centre half in his prime then the price will seem irrelevant.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:31 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:Very glad to hear about Stevie, seeing it on replay just looked worse and worse. Neddy doesn't have to worry, cause the moment we rely on him for goals I think we are in serious trouble.

Regarding the Lescott price. Does anyone ever mention the amount that Ferdinand cost U***d over 6 years ago now? If we get 3/4 good years out of Lescott and I have no reason to think we wont be getting a centre half in his prime then the price will seem irrelevant.

Oh why? I know how this one turns out and who really wants to defend the camel?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:21 am

jonrambo wrote:Any news of when we can see johnno and rocky in action?

Not 100% sure but I think we are talking at least 3 weeks yet
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:22 am

irblinx wrote:
shawzy wrote:

It always is at mini coms, no protection from the elements and loads of empty seats so no body warmth generation, brrr

The reserves played in the main stadium last night
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum