This transfer window ......

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This transfer window ......

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Slim wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Chelski are now a cost cutting club:-)

Apparently (having spent 600m over the last 5 years) Abramovich is now a public supporter of Platini's proposals for spending caps..... what a joke...

How dare you refer to them in such a way, that is low even by your standards....and so on.

So you believe it is ok to call Spurs the Yids, despite all the connotations / history / racism that goes with it? You didn't answer the question which is not like you to duck an issue...

They often tend to refer to themselves as that from what I've heard mate.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mr Miyagi » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Slim wrote:

Apparently (having spent 600m over the last 5 years) Abramovich is now a public supporter of Platini's proposals for spending caps..... what a joke...

How dare you refer to them in such a way, that is low even by your standards....and so on.

So you believe it is ok to call Spurs the Yids, despite all the connotations / history / racism that goes with it? You didn't answer the question which is not like you to duck an issue...

Oh well I guess that makes it alright then.....
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Slim wrote:

Oh well I guess that makes it alright then.....

I guess you'd have to ask them. I'm happy to refer to them as obnoxious cockney wankers.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Slim wrote:

Jews don't consider it racist, Tottenham refer to themselves as the Yid Army, the only people who seem to take offense to it are the ones who want to make an issue out of anything that could remotely be taken as racist. And if I was racist against Jews, I should probably inform my flatmate.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mr Miyagi » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:00 pm

Slim wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Slim wrote:

Jews don't consider it racist, Tottenham refer to themselves as the Yid Army, the only people who seem to take offense to it are the ones who want to make an issue out of anything that could remotely be taken as racist. And if I was racist against Jews, I should probably inform my flatmate.

Great justification.... generalisations and anecdotal evidence.....

and you don't have to be part of a particular ethnic group to find something offensive... oh I give up..

I probably need a break from this site. Long overdue.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:05 pm

Not trying to justify it, cause I don't believe there is anything to justify.

Let me ask you, if I was a tottenham fan on here and said "the yid army is coming to eastlands to take 3 points" would you call him on it?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Toy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Slim wrote:Not trying to justify it, cause I don't believe there is anything to justify.

Let me ask you, if I was a tottenham fan on here and said "the yid army is coming to eastlands to take 3 points" would you call him on it?

I bet none of their Jewish fans refer to the team they follow as that though.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:23 pm

Blue Toy wrote:
Slim wrote:Not trying to justify it, cause I don't believe there is anything to justify.

I bet none of their Jewish fans refer to the team they follow as that though.

Sorry Blue Toy, that would be a generalisation....

Mr Miyagi wrote:Great justification.... generalisations and anecdotal evidence.....

And as we can plainly see, that's not good enough for Pat Morita.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Toy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:27 pm

It may or may not be true (we'll never know) but that doesn't mean it's a generalisation. My opinion is that no Jewish fans of Spurs will refer to their team using the word "Yid".
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:32 pm

Blue Toy wrote:

It may or may not be true (we'll never know) but that doesn't mean it's a generalisation. My opinion is that no Jewish fans of Spurs will refer to their team using the word "Yid".

I thought they started referring to themselves as that in response to the racist chants etc?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue Toy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:38 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:

I thought they started referring to themselves as that in response to the racist chants etc?

I wasn't aware of that.... If that is the case then I'm wrong :-)
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby gillie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:44 pm

Blue Toy wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:

Also did'nt they have a hooligan element that called themselves "the yids"?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:46 pm

Blue Toy wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:

That's how I always understood it; Jews & non Jews all referring to themselves as the 'Yid Army' because of being on the receiving end of racist stuff all the time. I think there are still people on all sides that don't particularly agree with it as well though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum