Freud...sorry...."Trappatoni" speaks again

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Freud...sorry...."Trappatoni" speaks again

Postby dazby » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:36 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Here's an idea. How about picking up a phone and give Stevie a call one night. Talk to him privately and ask how he feels about it instead of communicating through papers.

Hell, while he is on it maybe even tkae the one hour flight to Manchester and ask whether Stevies missus would make them a cuppa and have quiet little chat face to face.That's what I'd do.

Bang on mate. FFS, It's just farcical what he's doing. Just bloody ring him.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:20 pm

dazby wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Here's an idea. How about picking up a phone and give Stevie a call one night. Talk to him privately and ask how he feels about it instead of communicating through papers.

Hell, while he is on it maybe even tkae the one hour flight to Manchester and ask whether Stevies missus would make them a cuppa and have quiet little chat face to face.That's what I'd do.

Bang on mate. FFS, It's just farcical what he's doing. Just bloody ring him.

he has rang him and met him, so has liam brady. The problem is with the media, they will just not let it go, every international game the press are all over it. Trap has said months ago that the door is open and as soon as stevie tells him he wants to be considered he will be in the squad. What is trapatoni meant to do, hop on a plane over to manchester just because some thick cunt of a journialsit keeps asking the same question.

Personally i hope stevie does come back and i wouldnt care when it was, heard an interview with glenn whealen and he was complainig thathe would not be happy if he was dropped after playing every qualifier, well the simple fact is either you are good enough or not. for me when it comes to a world cup you put the best 11 out no matter what
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby smurfsdabomb » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:58 pm

I don't think Trap would play Ireland even if he was made available, You can't have an attacking midfielder in the centre when you've got two flying wingers in Duff and McGeady, it'd be Real Madrid reckless to play 5 attacking players like that. If anything Ireland would probably be competing for the support striker sort of role which is Keane's and I don't think he'd win that battle.

Ironically to fit Ireland in a 4-4-2 you'd need more defensive wide players, which would likely mean the inclusion of Hunt!
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum