Shock....positive Mirror article....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Shock....positive Mirror article....

Postby Beeks » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Much as I agree with NQDP, I think Holt is rated as one of the better writers amongst the scum of earth that are loosely referred to as sports journalists & I think City have been targeting the 'best' ones with a bit of a charm offensive. Not that they're on our side but they're no longer actively against us. If you compare the attitude of the media now compared to what it was not so long ago, although there's still plenty of crap designed to unsettle us, it's being balanced out by more positive stuff.

I think our PR people have been earning their money.

I agree

I don't think the press have been half as venomous as they have been even a handful of weeks ago...I think in general they realise that we have made some great buys...that...coupled with our decent start to the season has some of them backtracking furiously...I think if we had started badly we would be getting hammered regularly by the red tops
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:36 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Much as I agree with NQDP, I think Holt is rated as one of the better writers amongst the scum of earth that are loosely referred to as sports journalists & I think City have been targeting the 'best' ones with a bit of a charm offensive. Not that they're on our side but they're no longer actively against us. If you compare the attitude of the media now compared to what it was not so long ago, although there's still plenty of crap designed to unsettle us, it's being balanced out by more positive stuff.

I agree

I don't think the press have been half as venomous as they have been even a handful of weeks ago...I think in general they realise that we have made some great buys...that...coupled with our decent start to the season has some of them backtracking furiously...I think if we had started badly we would be getting hammered regularly by the red tops

So they were sharpening the knives just in case, but in their obsessive need to write something about us, they could only sell a positive article? Well, it just gives you a case of the warm fuzzies don't it?
Last edited by Slim on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:39 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

I agree

The more well known ones, Holt, Henry Winter, Martin Samuel etc have been a lot more even handed with us for a while now though, some even saying nice things about us. I think we've made an effort to get our side of the story to these blokes & they've taken some of it on board.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum