Squad till jan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Squad till jan

Postby rick1894citizen » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:23 am

Gk's;

Given
Taylor
Nielsen

Defender's;

Richards
Zabaletta
Toure
Onuoha
Lescott
Bridge
Garrido

Midfielder's;

DeJong
Kompany
Barry
Swp
Superman
Petrov
Johnson
Weiss

Forward's

Robi
Adebayor
Tevez
Bellamy
Rsc
Benjani

Also kid's and Reserves who aren't out on loan i know Clayton, Etuhu, Mcdermott are but what about Mcgivern and Mee? it looks a fairly tasty squad especially when Kompany and if Johnson are back in contention.

Only concern for me is Central defence, would prefer more cover than Ned as think Vince is better of as DM, but when i watched Dippers the other week there bench was nowhere near our's imo.

So hopefully we gel quickly and get something from these next 2 game's (even 2 draws or 1 win) and the confidence will grow as were getting used to eachother and we should have a squad capable of 5th at worst as don't think (hope) spud's can keep the pace and will hopefully of collapsed by time we meet in december.

Been really impressed with the clean sheet's even with a unsettled defence, and hopefully Lescott and Toure can build a great partnership at the back, but most impressive thing so far for me has been the grinding out result's in games we would of dropped points last season and this should improve as our attacking player's learn more about eachother's run's and receiving the ball.

The future is looking fooking brilliant and glad the sky 4 didn't do any last minute business, just crossing my finger's that the granny shagger and Vidic get a good kicking in international's and our out for a while (bitter but true lol) ;o)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Squad till jan

Postby Crossie » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:26 am

Id rate that as the 5th best squad in the league.

Lets keep things positive and not worry about injuries etc, more that we have 2 great players coming back from injuries , who in previous seasons would have walked straight back into the 11. (MJ and RSC)

I just have an incling that we need 1 superstar to break the top 4. I hope im wrong though.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Wooders » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:28 am

you missed out Sylvinho and that german kid from the defenders but yeah, Hughes said he would look to have a core squad of around 25 top quality players and that kids would be given a chance in emergencies - looks like he is being true to his word
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:28 am

Our bench is simply awesome - there's even competition to get on that!

Taylor, Weiss, Bellamy, Nedum, Kompany, Johnson, Zabaleta, Petrov, Sylvinho, De Jong, Santa Cruz, Garrido, Benjani, Mee, Nielsen
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby saulman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:32 am

If Lesley gets his tactics and substitutions right this season, there is no stopping us.
When you see the squad listed like that, there are simply no excuses for failure.

We should be in touch with the top 4 throughout the season and fighting to the end.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby rick1894citizen » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:19 pm

Wooders wrote:you missed out Sylvinho and that german kid from the defenders but yeah, Hughes said he would look to have a core squad of around 25 top quality players and that kids would be given a chance in emergencies - looks like he is being true to his word

Forgot about Sylvinho, so that means Garrido is competition for the competition (sweet)

Nils Zander is it? never heard or seen anything about him so not sure if he's with under 18's or reserves aswell as olle (the spanish wonderkid) another german and the one's that Ian Rush selects for trials, so even the kids will have competition.

The bench does look great, against Portsmouth it was (i think)

Taylor, Zabaletta, Nedum, Sylvinho, Weiss, DeJong, Robinho. That's unreal compared to a couple of season's ago and then with Rsc, Johnson and Kompany to come back we should have a fantastic season.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Twobob » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Squad does look great, I'm not too concerned over central defense as I think we've got plenty of cover there (Ned & Vinnie plus kids too) - and the issue with the defense is that it's bad practice to swap and change your defensive partnerships.

Creativity in midfield could be lacking if we loose Stevie - although Robson could fill in from an attacking perspective...
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Agreed it's looking very good but I think Vinnie can 100% be considered an option at center half.
It isn't Clayton who is on loan but Clayton McDonald. Adam Clayton is till around. McGivern is now on loan at Leicester.
Trippier and Mee could also be added to the defenders. He might be last in line and only if we have major injuries but he could do a job now imo.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby sandman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:34 pm

This gives me semi..

--------Giv--------
Zab-Tor-Les-Bdg
-------Baz--------
----Swp---Ire----
Tev--Ade--Rob

The bench gives me wood..
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:43 pm

sandman wrote:This gives me semi..

--------Giv--------
Zab-Tor-Les-Bdg
-------Baz--------
----Swp---Ire----
Tev--Ade--Rob

The bench gives me wood..

I think your semi will have to wait, Richards is our right back.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby rick1894citizen » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:31 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Agreed it's looking very good but I think Vinnie can 100% be considered an option at center half.
It isn't Clayton who is on loan but Clayton McDonald. Adam Clayton is till around. McGivern is now on loan at Leicester.
Trippier and Mee could also be added to the defenders. He might be last in line and only if we have major injuries but he could do a job now imo.

That's the one i meant, just thought i'd confuse you ;o) have you seen any of the germans and other new kid's/reseves yet Doug?
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Agreed it's looking very good but I think Vinnie can 100% be considered an option at center half.

See doug, it's not just me.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum