'Arry's deadline day diary

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

'Arry's deadline day diary

Postby ant london » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:24 am

made me chuckle....

8.30: The early bird and all that: I give Portsmouth a bell about the boy Kranjcar. Good player; but he don't bother with the golf. That's a worry.

9.00: Have a look through some old programmes to see if there's anyone who's played for me previous that I can re-sign.

9.45: Marco Boogers won't take my calls. Sod him.

10.15: Bell the last of my former signings: Di Canio. Maybe there's a little bit of business to be done there? Di Canio sounds mental - ranting and raving about Mussolini. Probably eaten a dodgy pontiff or something.

11.45: Sell Crouch to Portsmouth for £5million.

11.48: Buy Crouch from Portsmouth for £7million. He's definitely the player I need to compete on several fronts at once.

12.03: Do a bit of work on one of my party pieces: how it's impossible to compete on several fronts at once with the players I've got.

1.00: Hear a rumour that Kranjcar don't like going racing.

1.10: And another one that he don't even drink.

1.30: Decide I'd better not sell David Bentley after all.

2.00: Sell Bentley to Manchester City for eight.

2.05: Buy Bentley back for ten. The money them Arabs have brought in is crazy - it's totally changed the game, priced everyone else out of the market. It's a madhouse these days.

3.00: The last thing I need is that Bentley prancing around like he's got a sticky bun up his backside, thinking he's made it in the game, giving it the large when he's just a kid with decent ability.

3.15: Give Anton Ferdinand a bell. He can sort Bentley out.

3.20: Ferdinand's agent don't fancy it. Says he's got his eye on a new Ferrari and he's putting it to his boy that City are keen.

3.30: Brian Woolnough phones up to see if he can do a piece called 'Harry: The Barrow Boy With The Midas Touch'.

3.35: Miss Brian's call unfortunately - had Jeff Powell on the other line asking me for some quotes for his piece 'Anglo-Saxon Merchant Harry Showing Viking Marauders And Greasy Marco Polos How We Do It Here In This Proud Nation Of Shopkeepers'.

3.50: Martin Petrov wants to come here. Who wouldn't?

3.55: Apparently he bothers with the golf, this Petrov. Phone Man City, offer them one pound forty. Test how serious they are.

4.00: Unknown quantity though: Petrov ain't played for me before. Best left well alone.

4.39: Decide I'll have a bit of fun. Call David James up. "Harry! Harry! Thank God," says Jameo. "I knew you'd come back for me."

5.00: Ask David James if he's done any good pictures recently and hang up as he starts sobbing. A good day all round.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Re: 'Arry's deadline day diary

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:31 am

Nice one Ant. So true, especially the 4.00pm!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: 'Arry's deadline day diary

Postby dazby » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:42 am

That's pretty good. I love the sell a player and buy back 3 minutes later bits.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Return to The Maine Football forum