Robinho NOT "dropped" for the Portsmouth game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Robinho NOT "dropped" for the Portsmouth game

Postby Wooders » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:14 am

Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: Robinho NOT "dropped" for the Portsmouth game

Postby ant london » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:23 am

tickled me when he said that Brazil v Argentina is more important than City v Pompey

Hmmmm, I'd imagine that the people who pay his wages might disagree.....

From a fan perspective, I think it was more important to Man City that we win last weekend than to have Robinho play (and maybe found wanting in a kicking match).

I'm glad he didn't play (and that Michael Brown didn't get chance to try to hospitalise him)...don't really care whether he wasn't selected or he asked to be excused if I'm honest
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Wooders » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:28 am

ant london wrote:tickled me when he said that Brazil v Argentina is more important than City v Pompey

Hmmmm, I'd imagine that the people who pay his wages might disagree.....

From a fan perspective, I think it was more important to Man City that we win last weekend than to have Robinho play (and maybe found wanting in a kicking match).

I'm glad he didn't play (and that Michael Brown didn't get chance to try to hospitalise him)...don't really care whether he wasn't selected or he asked to be excused if I'm honest

In a way he is right, we now have options better than a robinho nursing an ankle injury for that particular game. I hope he remembers it though going forward
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:43 am

I'm always a bit dubious about words being added/subtracted with these kind of 'quotes'. I wonder if he did say the Brazil game was 'more' important or whether that's someone's interpretation of what he actually said. At least half of his 'quotes' have been misrepresented so far.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:16 am

from what I can gather he asked to be rested from the game because he was nursing an ankle injury and had a crucial international coming up.
We've got the squad to cope with it now, not a problem imo
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:18 am

As someone who likes international football I'd be delighted if one of my players had done that to ensure he's fit for his country.

In hindsight given Pompy and Michael Brown inparticulars performance I think leaving him out was the best idea for all involved. A fully fit fighting Craig Bellamy is a much better option than a half interested Robinho. It wouldn't matter if there was a Brazil game or not he has a history of going missing in away games like Sunday.

As long as he doesn't sulk when he is benched for similar games when a Brazil game doesn't follow its fine by me.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:44 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I'm always a bit dubious about words being added/subtracted with these kind of 'quotes'. I wonder if he did say the Brazil game was 'more' important or whether that's someone's interpretation of what he actually said. At least half of his 'quotes' have been misrepresented so far.

I agree.

Mail article obviously makes it sound like he was giving this interview with his best English which sounds like born and bread Manc now but in reality he is giving these interviews in Portuguese so lot can be lost in translation and tabloids have tendency to add bit of "spice" to the story. Could've said that he wasn't ready to risk his ankle with all the internationals coming and long season ahead of him but that doesn't sell papers does it. Makes it sound much "better" that he prefers Brazil-Argentine.

As you also pointed out, eversince he came there have been half truths and lies written constantly about him and he has already few times published corrections in his own internet page. In all the official interviews he has been NOTHING but full of praise for club and supporters. All these crap stories about "him joining wrong club" and so on have been tabloid fabrications.

I'm not saying he didn't say that by the way but I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:47 am

I actually think it was a good thing Robbie was dropped, in games like Pompey away etc when we come under intense pressure Bellers is a miles better outlet and doesnt mind doing the donkey work.
I actually was praising Hughes for good selection,it made sense.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:04 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I'm always a bit dubious about words being added/subtracted with these kind of 'quotes'. I wonder if he did say the Brazil game was 'more' important or whether that's someone's interpretation of what he actually said. At least half of his 'quotes' have been misrepresented so far.

I agree.

Mail article obviously makes it sound like he was giving this interview with his best English which sounds like born and bread Manc now but in reality he is giving these interviews in Portuguese so lot can be lost in translation and tabloids have tendency to add bit of "spice" to the story. Could've said that he wasn't ready to risk his ankle with all the internationals coming and long season ahead of him but that doesn't sell papers does it. Makes it sound much "better" that he prefers Brazil-Argentine.

As you also pointed out, eversince he came there have been half truths and lies written constantly about him and he has already few times published corrections in his own internet page. In all the official interviews he has been NOTHING but full of praise for club and supporters. All these crap stories about "him joining wrong club" and so on have been tabloid fabrications.

I'm not saying he didn't say that by the way but I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Either way, if he'd had to contend with Michael Brown & a piss weak ref, he'd probably be missing City's next games, never mind Brazil's. Common sense not playing.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:54 pm

Exactly what I said the other day. It was the knock and the Argentina game that left him behind.

What is wrong with the wording?

Ofcourse Brazil vs Argentina is more important than City vs Pompey !! Specially in those circumstances..
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Vhero » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:38 pm

We won without him so I don't really care.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby themethod » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:03 pm

That was reported in Brazil about two days ago, and the papers didn't write about the brazilian game being more important to him than the Portsmouth game, he just said that he was injured and decide to spare himself from the game.
themethod
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:18 am

Nearly every player in our squad has some form of international commitment. What if, one Saturday, they all decide they don't fancy it?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dameerto » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:12 am

There's a strong possibility he has been mis-quoted. Given how a few weeks ago he was bigging up the club in the papers it doesn't make sense for him to say something like this. Even one word that was lost (or added) in translation could alter the whole meaning.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby patrickblue » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:41 am

Hows this for sensationalism

http://www.footballfancast.com/blog/man ... talk/16413

Robinho fuels Man City exit talk

Doubts about Robinho's future at Manchester City have resurfaced after the Brazil international revealed that he asked to be left out of the 1-0 win at Portsmouth so that he would be fit for his country's World Cup qualifier against Argentina.

The 25-year-old played in City's first three matches of the campaign but was surprisingly omitted from the starting line-up at Fratton Park.

His outburst, just over 12 months after he sealed his shock £32.5million transfer to Eastlands, has revived talk that the former Real Madrid star could be on the move again when the transfer window reopens in January.

Robinho said:"I asked to not play because I had pains in the ankle, especially because Brazil against Argentina is more important.

"It is always a special match because of the rivalry of the two teams. No one ever wants to lose. Every player likes to play in these matches.

"Of course Carlos (Tevez) has expressed concern because Argentina are in a much more difficult situation than us."

It is not the first time Robinho has tested City's patience. When the club failed to lure Kaka to Eastlands in January, he left a training camp to head back to Brazil without telling boss Mark Hughes.

Since moving to City, Robinho has scored 15 goals in 44 appearances for the club.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby crossan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Cannot say that I am suprised..............the sooner he goes the better..........City come first end of.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby ronk » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:57 pm

patrickblue wrote:Hows this for sensationalism

http://www.footballfancast.com/blog/man ... talk/16413

Robinho fuels Man City exit talk

Doubts about Robinho's future at Manchester City have resurfaced after the Brazil international revealed that he asked to be left out of the 1-0 win at Portsmouth so that he would be fit for his country's World Cup qualifier against Argentina.

The 25-year-old played in City's first three matches of the campaign but was surprisingly omitted from the starting line-up at Fratton Park.

His outburst, just over 12 months after he sealed his shock £32.5million transfer to Eastlands, has revived talk that the former Real Madrid star could be on the move again when the transfer window reopens in January.

Robinho said:"I asked to not play because I had pains in the ankle, especially because Brazil against Argentina is more important.

"It is always a special match because of the rivalry of the two teams. No one ever wants to lose. Every player likes to play in these matches.

"Of course Carlos (Tevez) has expressed concern because Argentina are in a much more difficult situation than us."

It is not the first time Robinho has tested City's patience. When the club failed to lure Kaka to Eastlands in January, he left a training camp to head back to Brazil without telling boss Mark Hughes.

Since moving to City, Robinho has scored 15 goals in 44 appearances for the club.

Sure is sensationalist.

Nice to see a good bit of banter about Tevez.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:48 pm

Didn't you just know that some bastard would print that story? So obvious.

Anyway I think he's in denial. His brain refuses to accept that he was dropped for Craig Bellamy.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum