City Needed the Money!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City Needed the Money!

Postby trout man » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:15 am

Cant see this mentioned elsewhere so my apologies if covered but Irish radio did an interview with Dunnie this morning at the Irish training camp and they discussed his transfer to Villa....Dunnie said that City accepted an offer from Villa and then informed him that the offer had been accepted, Dunnie asked if he could stay and fight for his place but was told that the offer had been accepted and that they (City) needed the money! It was all said in good fun and got a great laugh from the journo's but there was an edge to Dunnies demenour that seemed to infer that he was let go without the opportunity to fight for his place ...basically he was kicked out. The club is entitled to do things as they see fit but I am still not sure this is a good decision and I really got the impression that Dunnie was disappointed he couldnt fight for his spot. City (the club) and its welfare will always come ahead of any individual but I feel that this transfer was a bit strange.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Re: City Needed the Money!

Postby Beeks » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:18 am

trout man wrote:Cant see this mentioned elsewhere so my apologies if covered but Irish radio did an interview with Dunnie this morning at the Irish training camp and they discussed his transfer to Villa....Dunnie said that City accepted an offer from Villa and then informed him that the offer had been accepted, Dunnie asked if he could stay and fight for his place but was told that the offer had been accepted and that they (City) needed the money! It was all said in good fun and got a great laugh from the journo's but there was an edge to Dunnies demenour that seemed to infer that he was let go without the opportunity to fight for his place ...basically he was kicked out. The club is entitled to do things as they see fit but I am still not sure this is a good decision and I really got the impression that Dunnie was disappointed he couldnt fight for his spot. City (the club) and its welfare will always come ahead of any individual but I feel that this transfer was a bit strange.

What a crock of shite
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:24 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
trout man wrote:Cant see this mentioned elsewhere so my apologies if covered but Irish radio did an interview with Dunnie this morning at the Irish training camp and they discussed his transfer to Villa....Dunnie said that City accepted an offer from Villa and then informed him that the offer had been accepted, Dunnie asked if he could stay and fight for his place but was told that the offer had been accepted and that they (City) needed the money! It was all said in good fun and got a great laugh from the journo's but there was an edge to Dunnies demenour that seemed to infer that he was let go without the opportunity to fight for his place ...basically he was kicked out. The club is entitled to do things as they see fit but I am still not sure this is a good decision and I really got the impression that Dunnie was disappointed he couldnt fight for his spot. City (the club) and its welfare will always come ahead of any individual but I feel that this transfer was a bit strange.

What a crock of shite

OP loses points for artistic expression. However, Dunnie tried to create the same impression on SSN just now. Sounded like a man who was shown the door against his will...
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:24 am

I think your right that Dunnie looks and sounds a bit depressed for someone who has just switched club i think he doesnt want to be at Villa, he wanted to finish his career at the club he loves.
But... He knows that his time was up and better players have arrived Dunnie isnt the main man anymore and knew he had to go i think thats why he probably sounded a bit dissapointed.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby trout man » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:25 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

What a crock of shite

I just heard the fucking interview on the radio, I am only quoting EXACTLY what Dunne said..as I said the reference to the money was tongue-in-cheek but he did make reference to wanting to stay and fight for his place so please explain what the 'crock of shite' is refering to?
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby johnny99 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:44 am

not having a go at dunnie has he was a great servant to city but hughes keeps going on about now having a winning mentality
to be honest i don't think dunne had a winning mentality i think he was 1 of those players that as long as he played well that's all what matters in my opinion he was not a great captain . but i wish him well at his new club
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby giokingkladze » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:46 am

trout man wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

What a crock of shite

I just heard the fucking interview on the radio, I am only quoting EXACTLY what Dunne said..as I said the reference to the money was tongue-in-cheek but he did make reference to wanting to stay and fight for his place so please explain what the 'crock of shite' is refering to?

From the interview they showed on SSN, that was pretty much exactly what he said.

'What annoyed me was not being given the chance to stay and fight for my place, they said I had to go.'
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby Hazy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:08 pm

I liked Dunne, however his time was up at City, we knew it Dunnie, will long be thanked for great service and never forgot,Hughes just did what was required for the club. Hughes is showing us the real side of football sentiment is dead.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Whassat » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:28 pm

From team captain to get shown to the door in a very short amount of time. Disgraceful really. Bit sad to see it develop the way it did. But looking for whats good for the team for the long term then Dunne would be out of place as he just wouldnt edge a starting spot, and having him on the bench would effectively kill ned's and mee's future careers and opportunities. Someone had to give and Dunne fitted the bill better than anyone else.

Good luck Dunnie
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:59 pm

I thought all along that he wanted to leave as well , not that he was forced out. If he was forced out, that's not on in my opinion, he deserved better than that for 9 years of service.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Vhero » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:11 pm

giokingkladze wrote:
From the interview they showed on SSN, that was pretty much exactly what he said.

'What annoyed me was not being given the chance to stay and fight for my place, they said I had to go.'

I read that on their website and thought to myself. Hmmm so just because we got 2 other players your gonna start playing well now? I mean he was fucking terrible most of last season what would change now we have 2 new players?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:14 pm

Fair play to him, that's pretty funny.

It's sad to see him leave and also clear that he feels the same way. It must be especially difficult for him the way he stood tall and was a rock during the hard times to be shown the door and miss out on a project like this.

But I think he could have done a lot worse than going to Villa and it shows how highly regarded that he didn't have difficulty finding a club. But then, he never was short of an offer when times were leaner for us.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:33 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:He knows that his time was up and better players have arrived Dunnie isnt the main man anymore and knew he had to go i think thats why he probably sounded a bit dissapointed.
Yeah but he had to know that better players would come in all positions, once the takeover happened, including his own.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Mase » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:36 pm

Is Dunnie pissed up or something? City needed £6 Million from Villa?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:41 pm

I Know going forward we need better and better players But actually saddend me to read that, I was hoping the club spin of we could of tried to keep him but he deserved better, we didn't want to stand in his way, a player of his standing on the bench ,blah blah was true.
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:45 pm

ronk wrote:Fair play to him, that's pretty funny.

It's sad to see him leave and also clear that he feels the same way. It must be especially difficult for him the way he stood tall and was a rock during the hard times to be shown the door and miss out on a project like this.

But I think he could have done a lot worse than going to Villa and it shows how highly regarded that he didn't have difficulty finding a club. But then, he never was short of an offer when times were leaner for us.

Sounded like he was dead serious mate.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby trout man » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:46 pm

MaseCTID wrote:Is Dunnie pissed up or something? City needed £6 Million from Villa?

No Mase, he was just 'taking the piss' as opposed to 'pissed up'. He made a joke of the money, but still made it clear that he was very sad to be leaving and it felt like he wanted to stay and fight for his place.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:51 pm

He could have just said to City,''No fuck off i love this club despite you accepting an offer im staying''

Didnt though did he.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby shawzy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:13 pm

Puttin sentiments aside.
Im glad hes gone.We have moved on to better signings and in dunnes own interest he had to be sold instead of losin the captaincy and rotting in the reserves.He also has a world cup campaign to be involved with and needs to be playin 1st team with Villa.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Blue2 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:21 pm

His "love" of the club didn't prevent him having a swipe at us did it. ALL footballers are just the same as us, they are in their job to get whatever they can out of it. All this loyalty shit is just bollocks, if someone offers more money they will go in 99% of cases or if they are shown the door, 99% have a bitch about it. The simple fact is that he isn't good enough and I'm glad Hughes had the bottle & good sense to get rid ( there's a first- me praising Hughes!)
Last edited by Blue2 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum