City Needed the Money!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City Needed the Money!

Postby Hazy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:32 pm

chip paper.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby mistereeman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Goater,Gary Owen,David White,Paul Lake,Hinchcliffe all have said/still say they love City.I'd say being a Footballer playing in front of thousands each week who have a strong emotional attachment to their team,that love/passion must rub off on the majority of players.
To compare being a footballer with most,if not all normal jobs is misleading imo.Dunne's heart will be with city.
mistereeman
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:58 pm

Blue2 wrote:His "love" of the club didn't prevent him having a swipe at us did it. ALL footballers are just the same as us, they are in their job to get whatever they can out of it. All this loyalty shit is just bollocks, if someone offers more money they will go in 99% of cases or they are shown the door, 99% have a bitch about it. The simple fact is that he isn't good enough and I'm glad Hughes had the bottle & good sense to get rid ( there's a first- me praising Hughes1)

Exactly spot on. I've stopped kidding myself years ago. None of these twats give two shits about the Club but themselves. They are just employees, simple. Sure there are one or two who may support the Club they play for but just look at someone like Alan Smith, did he have two fucking seconds hesitation going to rags?

This reminded me of a chat I had at a game of local side who my mate supports and I'm season ticket holder for. He was giving me bit stick for all the money we've spend and was asking how I feel about supporting such "mercenaries" going on to point out that "these lads play for love, not for the money". Do they fuck. Just because they are so shite that no big club is willing to give them contract, doesn't mean they are any more loyal. Same way as people think about some players from yesteryear as particularily "loyal" to us. Most of them were so shit that no bigger club were interested. Had they had chance, they would've fook us over faster than you can say "City 'til I die".

That's just the way it is. I do have favourite players just like everyone else but I don't kid myself thinking that they play for us because they particularily love us. In different situation they'd be in Villa or Tottenham or Stoke or bloody Accrington Stanley. I don't get emotionally attached to them and just hope they do well for the Club in what passing time they will spend with us.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:10 pm

Dunne is honest if that is how he feels I bet £1 that that is pretty much how it panned out, if he feels pushed out he is right he was, moaning So would I 9yrs is a long time. Dunne is not one for press ganes, he is being straight IMO. sad but Hughes fancies other players more, that would be a shock to Dunne or any player to find out you are not wanted after all.
Hazy

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Blue2 wrote:His "love" of the club didn't prevent him having a swipe at us did it. ALL footballers are just the same as us, they are in their job to get whatever they can out of it. All this loyalty shit is just bollocks, if someone offers more money they will go in 99% of cases or they are shown the door, 99% have a bitch about it. The simple fact is that he isn't good enough and I'm glad Hughes had the bottle & good sense to get rid ( there's a first- me praising Hughes1)

Exactly spot on. I've stopped kidding myself years ago. None of these twats give two shits about the Club but themselves. They are just employees, simple. Sure there are one or two who may support the Club they play for but just look at someone like Alan Smith, did he have two fucking seconds hesitation going to rags?

This reminded me of a chat I had at a game of local side who my mate supports and I'm season ticket holder for. He was giving me bit stick for all the money we've spend and was asking how I feel about supporting such "mercenaries" going on to point out that "these lads play for love, not for the money". Do they fuck. Just because they are so shite that no big club is willing to give them contract, doesn't mean they are any more loyal. Same way as people think about some players from yesteryear as particularily "loyal" to us. Most of them were so shit that no bigger club were interested. Had they had chance, they would've fook us over faster than you can say "City 'til I die".

That's just the way it is. I do have favourite players just like everyone else but I don't kid myself thinking that they play for us because they particularily love us. In different situation they'd be in Villa or Tottenham or Stoke or bloody Accrington Stanley. I don't get emotionally attached to them and just hope they do well for the Club in what passing time they will spend with us.

Agree. Sure some develop an attachment to the club but very few would put it above anything else. Rooney could've played for Everton for five years & then moved & still been a young lad but Mr 'Once A Blue' couldn't get out of the fucking place fast enough. Dunne had to be persuaded to stay when Sven was sacked. Some may prefer to stay at a club rather than move for money because they're happy where they are but it's still themselves they're thinking of, not the cub or fans; it's their own comfort.

If Barca came in for Robbie, he'd think about it. If he decided to stay with us, it'd be because he's happy in himself, well paid & sees a good future for himself not because he's in love with the club. If Utd stopped competing in the PL & couldn't afford to sign top players Rooney would be out of there in the blink of an eye.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:26 pm

I presume this was hughes led as was all the goings on this summer and to say i am disgusted is an under statement. hughes pinned everything on lescott and for the good of the club i hope it works out but alreadu i have seen a couple of mistakes in his 1st 2 games that if dunne had made he would have been slaughered.

I fully believe in dunne and in my opinion we will come to regret letting him go, even before christmas.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:50 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:I presume this was hughes led as was all the goings on this summer and to say i am disgusted is an under statement. hughes pinned everything on lescott and for the good of the club i hope it works out but alreadu i have seen a couple of mistakes in his 1st 2 games that if dunne had made he would have been slaughered.

I fully believe in dunne and in my opinion we will come to regret letting him go, even before christmas.

Dunne making mistakes or giving the ball away to the oppo has always been a regular occurrence so come off it. I think it could've been a gamble letting Dunne go at this time as new defenders often take time to settle (it took Dunne about 3 years) but Lescott has already shown one thing; that unlike Dunne, he can actually head the ball properly rather than it just bouncing off his head. That's something we've been missing since Andy Morrison did it in the 3rd division. When he does settle in he'll be a different class to Dunne.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Blue2 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:I presume this was hughes led as was all the goings on this summer and to say i am disgusted is an under statement. hughes pinned everything on lescott and for the good of the club i hope it works out but alreadu i have seen a couple of mistakes in his 1st 2 games that if dunne had made he would have been slaughered.

Dunne making mistakes or giving the ball away to the oppo has always been a regular occurrence so come off it. I think it could've been a gamble letting Dunne go at this time as new defenders often take time to settle (it took Dunne about 3 years) but Lescott has already shown one thing; that unlike Dunne, he can actually head the ball properly rather than it just bouncing off his head. That's something we've been missing since Andy Morrison did it in the 3rd division. When he does settle in he'll be a different class to Dunne.

He's also composed enough to look for a pass to a City player rather than hoofing it to the opposition
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Original Dub » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:59 pm

Would Jim Cassell fall into this category? Is he a twat?

Just curious, because you had a Jim Cassell tribute thread and he hadn't even left us!!!!!!
Original Dub

Postby trout man » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:01 pm

You may be right, but if we didnt believe that our heroes are playing for the club, and the fans then who are we to believe in? I cant believe that all footballers are how you picture them in your post, if they were, we are simply watching mercenaries playing and that is a hard concept for me personnally to believe in. Of course there are mercenaries, probably lots of them, but Dunne never came across that way and there are other players such as Ireland, Gerrard, Scholes, Giggs that I know love playing for their club. I would rather believe that there are strong bonds between good, consistent players, their club and the fans...why the hell would we bother if their wasnt. The world isnt a completely desolate place full of people out for themselves...or so I would like to believe.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:34 pm

trout man wrote:

You may be right, but if we didnt believe that our heroes are playing for the club, and the fans then who are we to believe in? I cant believe that all footballers are how you picture them in your post, if they were, we are simply watching mercenaries playing and that is a hard concept for me personnally to believe in. Of course there are mercenaries, probably lots of them, but Dunne never came across that way and there are other players such as Ireland, Gerrard, Scholes, Giggs that I know love playing for their club. I would rather believe that there are strong bonds between good, consistent players, their club and the fans...why the hell would we bother if their wasnt. The world isnt a completely desolate place full of people out for themselves...or so I would like to believe.

Giggs is a little bit different in that he's a rag fan playing for his team but make no mistake, if Utd & City's roles were reversed, Giggs & Scholes would've both happily played for us. Gerrard was ready to leave for Chelsea & was conned into believing Liverpool were going to move up a level. All players enjoy playing for their clubs when things are going well but how many would turn down the offer of a more successful richer club? Dunne's never had the chance to be tested but was still close to leaving.

No doubt Dunney loves City & will probably support us when he retires but so does SWP & it didn't stop him from leaving. That's football. We're the club, players come & go.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby saulman » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:45 pm

Didn't Dunnie agree personal terms with Twitchy just before Lesley was brought in, and it was up to Lesley to persuade him to stay?

Aye, if Dunnie would have followed that one through he'd be stuck at Pompey now and deep in the shit so he should be counting himself lucky that Lesley gave him another year here.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Would Jim Cassell fall into this category? Is he a twat?

Just curious, because you had a Jim Cassell tribute thread and he hadn't even left us!!!!!!

Is Jim Cassell footballer? And why would I think City is anything more than a job for him? And what does he have to do any of this anyway?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:50 pm

Emotional attachment was my point mate.

I do admit I'm a little bored too though ;)
Original Dub

Postby Fish111 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:55 pm

Dunne should concentrate on looking to the future with Villa rather than wasting his breath about fighting for his place at City, it's over. It was time for him to move on, it was in his interest and in the interest of City that he left. He will come to accept it eventually and thank us in the long run. He may even come to thank us for sticking by him when he had a serious drink problem and kept missing training.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:05 pm

Fish111 wrote:Dunne should concentrate on looking to the future with Villa rather than wasting his breath about fighting for his place at City, it's over. It was time for him to move on, it was in his interest and in the interest of City that he left. He will come to accept it eventually and thank us in the long run. He may even come to thank us for sticking by him when he had a serious drink problem and kept missing training.

Don't start making stabs at the man FFS mate. He was a legend and he's just a little upset because he loved the club and would have loved to have won something with us.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Fish111 wrote:Dunne should concentrate on looking to the future with Villa rather than wasting his breath about fighting for his place at City, it's over. It was time for him to move on, it was in his interest and in the interest of City that he left. He will come to accept it eventually and thank us in the long run. He may even come to thank us for sticking by him when he had a serious drink problem and kept missing training.

SPOT ON - I WOULDNT BE HAPPY IF I WAS A VILLA FAN LISTENING TO THAT.

DUNNE WAS PAST IT FOR US..END OF STORY AND HE SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON HIS NEW CLUB....LESCOT IS STREETS AHEAD OF HIM AND CAN ACTUAL HEAD A BALL TO A TEAM MATE AND PASS TO A TEAM MATE ----THOSE 2 THINGS WERE NOT IN DUNNES CV.

IM GLAD HES GONE TBH.......
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby trout man » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

DUNNE WAS PAST IT FOR US..END OF STORY AND HE SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON HIS NEW CLUB....LESCOT IS STREETS AHEAD OF HIM AND CAN ACTUAL HEAD A BALL TO A TEAM MATE AND PASS TO A TEAM MATE ----THOSE 2 THINGS WERE NOT IN DUNNES CV.

Glad to hear your pleased Tal Ben Haim is gone, how do you feel about Richard Dunne leaving?
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:21 pm

trout man wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Glad to hear your pleased Tal Ben Haim is gone, how do you feel about Richard Dunne leaving?

TBF - EXSTATIC.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nick » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:31 pm

Im getting the impression hughes can be a bit of a dick with players. E.g. Dunne and Hart who are blues that dont deserve it. Also to a lesser extent Petrov and Elano; however they may be problem players.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum