City Needed the Money!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City Needed the Money!

Postby CityGer » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:41 pm

Bitter sweet for me. Dunny has cost us more points than he won us over the last 2/3 years but he has been a magnificent servant to the club in an age in which 9 years service is a rarity. The issue for me, over him staying, was that he is not the type of player who can play second fiddle and be back up, he needs to play regularly to keep up his fitness and sharpness up, so it was best that he left. He's also not of sufficient quality to take us where we want to go.

It would have been nice if he could have stayed and enjoyed what is hopefully going to be a great period for us though.

I just hope he doesn't feel as though he was pushed and that he's not left with a sour taste.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby trout man » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:41 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
trout man wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Fish111 wrote:Dunne should concentrate on looking to the future with Villa rather than wasting his breath about fighting for his place at City, it's over. It was time for him to move on, it was in his interest and in the interest of City that he left. He will come to accept it eventually and thank us in the long run. He may even come to thank us for sticking by him when he had a serious drink problem and kept missing training.

SPOT ON - I WOULDNT BE HAPPY IF I WAS A VILLA FAN LISTENING TO THAT.

DUNNE WAS PAST IT FOR US..END OF STORY AND HE SHOULD CONCENTRATE ON HIS NEW CLUB....LESCOT IS STREETS AHEAD OF HIM AND CAN ACTUAL HEAD A BALL TO A TEAM MATE AND PASS TO A TEAM MATE ----THOSE 2 THINGS WERE NOT IN DUNNES CV.

IM GLAD HES GONE TBH.......

Glad to hear your pleased Tal Ben Haim is gone, how do you feel about Richard Dunne leaving?

TBF - EXSTATIC.

Does that mean your ecstatic?
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:42 pm

Nick wrote:Im getting the impression hughes can be a bit of a dick with players. E.g. Dunne and Hart who are blues that dont deserve it. Also to a lesser extent Petrov and Elano; however they may be problem players.

FFS ITS BUSINESS MATE.....NEW PLAYERS COME IN AND OLD PLAYERS GO OUT......SIMPLE AS.
SENTIMENT IS OVERRATED....AND IM SURE DUNNE GOT ENOUGH MONEY IN THIS TRANSACTION TO KEEP HIM WARM AT NIGHT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby edge275 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Nick wrote:Im getting the impression hughes can be a bit of a dick with players. E.g. Dunne and Hart who are blues that dont deserve it. Also to a lesser extent Petrov and Elano; however they may be problem players.

FFS ITS BUSINESS MATE.....NEW PLAYERS COME IN AND OLD PLAYERS GO OUT......SIMPLE AS.
SENTIMENT IS OVERRATED....AND IM SURE DUNNE GOT ENOUGH MONEY IN THIS TRANSACTION TO KEEP HIM WARM AT NIGHT.

It's business, not personal.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:49 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

HA HA HA HA HA.........YOU FUNNY CUNT !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby edge275 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:02 pm

Fuck me I've just seen Dunne's interview. he looks suicidal.

Well done Hughes for having the balls to kick him out.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby One cap Whitey » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:27 pm

If Dunne was encouraged to leave like that I can only think thats because Ned has been told he'll get plenty of games this season, maybe at the time we wanted him to sign his new deal.

Long term Ned is more important than Dunne, good servant though he was. Its important to keep Ned sweet, even if it meant sacrificing Dunne in the process.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby shawzy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Sorry m8 but i just dont get this.

Given is better than Hart. We loaned him out for his best interests.
Dunne is not better than Ned, Lescott or Toure and had 9yrs to prove it.So we sold him on.
Elano over Barry? Chuckles.
Petrov aint getting in the team because Barry and Bridge are workin the left side so well.
Your quite right about Elano being a problem and to a lesser extent Petrov has been at it when his spuds deal fell through.

I cannot fathom how your callin MH a dick when it comes to players.
We need to win trophies and not thinking about sentimental values about players that have been with us for years.

Im not havin a go at you m8 i just want a team of winners instead of 34yrs of winning fookall.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby branny » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:50 pm

If all that Les had to go on was last season, you can't really blame him for selling Dunnie. Most of the time in the previous 8 years he was ok but last season every mistake he made was costly.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Steve » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:38 am

Is Dunnie moaning, or slagging us off? I don't think so. Forget what the headline says, as usual it's completely irrelevant to the quotes. All Dunne does is explain why he's left us, and then goes on to wish us all the success he believes we deserve, coupled with a few more compliments. I thought his sky sports interview was quite pleasing.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:14 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby smurfsdabomb » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:22 pm

If you've got no sentiment for your captain, 4 time player of the year and servant of nine years and don't mind him being tossed out like a bag of coal when a debatably slightly better player arrives then I think you're a pretty plastic supporter, mate.

Why not get a madrid flag, I hear they'll do well this season.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby smurfsdabomb » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:24 pm

One cap Whitey wrote:If Dunne was encouraged to leave like that I can only think thats because Ned has been told he'll get plenty of games this season, maybe at the time we wanted him to sign his new deal.

Long term Ned is more important than Dunne, good servant though he was. Its important to keep Ned sweet, even if it meant sacrificing Dunne in the process.

Genuinely I'd expect Dunne to still be a better player than Ned in 5 years time.
smurfsdabomb

Postby MrsRazor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Blue2 wrote:His "love" of the club didn't prevent him having a swipe at us did it. ALL footballers are just the same as us, they are in their job to get whatever they can out of it. All this loyalty shit is just bollocks, if someone offers more money they will go in 99% of cases or they are shown the door, 99% have a bitch about it. The simple fact is that he isn't good enough and I'm glad Hughes had the bottle & good sense to get rid ( there's a first- me praising Hughes1)

At last a realist!!!!
MrsRazor

Postby Blue2 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:47 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:
One cap Whitey wrote:If Dunne was encouraged to leave like that I can only think thats because Ned has been told he'll get plenty of games this season, maybe at the time we wanted him to sign his new deal.

Genuinely I'd expect Dunne to still be a better player than Ned in 5 years time.

Ned is a better player NOW
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby smurfsdabomb » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:42 pm

Don't be ridiculous.
smurfsdabomb

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:49 pm

I agree Ned is a better player. Imo Dunne is more experienced & knows a few more tricks of the trade but also has more bad habits wheras Ned has much more talent & will now have better players from which to learn, who will teach him good habits.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bluej » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:51 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:Don't be ridiculous.

Is it really ridiculous? Dunne has been an average defender at best over the last couple of years, covered by quicker defenders on various occasions. Ned went from strength to strength last season, and if we didn't have the likes of Ireland and Robinho then he would probably have been our most improved player. I personally think he is a better defender, he is more assured on the ball, quicker and, lets face it, has more of a future as he is younger.

Dunne has been a brilliant servant, but as many have said, we cannot afford to be sentimental, much like we have to get out of the 'typical city' mentality. I'm all for a testimonial for him though, I can't see why it can't be done. May not happen given his comments now!
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blue2 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:18 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:Don't be ridiculous.

I think thats your area of expertise.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site