Training Thursday 3/9

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Thursday 3/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:25 pm

A full session today with all the reserves plus Nedum,Garrido,Silvinho,Bellamy and Zabba. Stevie was out later doing 1 to 1 as was RSC. Jack Redshaw was also in there from the academy team.
It was windy as hell but at least no rain as they went through all the warm ups and then into short 5 a side games. Excellent spirit after a very good win over Everton and just as we are seeing with the main squad. The 5 first team players played as a 5 a side team and Eddie offered a fiver each if the reserve team beat them. Looked like he would lose money at 3.1 but it ended 3.3 so smiles all round.

They finished with a full 11 a side game which ended nil nil and was full of real effort and some very good play but the defences were mostly in full control. It was hard to play in the strong wind but it also showed the difference playing without the extra quality we usually see in the first team and how tough it is to break down a well organised team.

I say well organised although both teams wouldn't really have played together fully as a team but it does reflect the reserves look to play in similar style to the first team and all the players will know their basic jobs.

The plan for the coaches would have been golf this afternoon but apparently it had been called off due to a waterlogged course. Judging by the swings we saw them practising they should be having lessons anyway.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 3/9

Postby BmoreBlue » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Cheers Doug - good to see the boys still working hard over break
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:53 pm

It is also nice to see a report where there is no mention of TBH injuring one of his teammates (not ever to be seen again). Cheers DH.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:58 pm

Thanx Doug. How did Redshaw look? Only seen a little bit of him but thought he may have something.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby shawzy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Thanx doug..Hows sylvinho settlin in.Does he look good?
Anyone else stand out for you that have a chance of makin the 1st team in the near future or at least the bench.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:49 pm

I thought Silvinho looked exeptionally good , fit and sharp. Tough to judge Redshaw in the football game as he was marked by Nedum I think but he also looked lively in everything else.
Yes good there will be no more TBH challenges but there was one today where no prisoners were taken but it was more in the pure physical line than TBH who was late with tackles.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I thought Silvinho looked exeptionally good , fit and sharp. Tough to judge Redshaw in the football game as he was marked by Nedum I think but he also looked lively in everything else.
Yes good there will be no more TBH challenges but there was one today where no prisoners were taken but it was more in the pure physical line than TBH who was late with tackles.

Cheers. Was amazed when watching Sylvinho play last season, to find out how old he was. Looked ridiculously sharp. I remember one Barca game where he & Alvez were their biggest attacking threat raiding forward past the midfield & Alvez scored from a Sylvinho pass.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Whassat » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Whens Sylvinho gonna get a call up for a game anyone reccon?
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:40 pm

Whassat wrote:Whens Sylvinho gonna get a call up for a game anyone reccon?

Who knows but watching him today made me think he is definitely not here just for the ride and to sit on the bench.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby shawzy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:47 pm

I would love to see Sylvinho and Zabba (in the same game) get a run out at some stage to see how they are in comparison to Bridge and Micah.
Its very debatable who are best fullbacks really are.I cannot see this happening in the forthcoming Gunners and Rags games though.
Next games after those are WHU - Home. Villa - Away. Wigan - Away. Fulham - Home.
Lets hope they get a run out in thoses games eh.
shawzy

Postby shawzy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:49 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Whassat wrote:Whens Sylvinho gonna get a call up for a game anyone reccon?

Who knows but watching him today made me think he is definitely not here just for the ride and to sit on the bench.

From what ive seen of him.Even at 35yrs he aint no bench warmer
shawzy

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:05 pm

shawzy wrote:I would love to see Sylvinho and Zabba (in the same game) get a run out at some stage to see how they are in comparison to Bridge and Micah.
Its very debatable who are best fullbacks really are.I cannot see this happening in the forthcoming Gunners and Rags games though.
Next games after those are WHU - Home. Villa - Away. Wigan - Away. Fulham - Home.

Well it's almost certain he'll get some games but it's hard to say when. We're supposed to be employing a rotation policy so sooner or later MH will decide Bridge needs a rest. If Sylvinho comes in & plays really well, then he may get more & more games as the season goes on & people get more tired. I really fancy us to finish very strongly because of stuff like this. We just have to try not to lose touch in the 1st half of the season.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby shawzy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
shawzy wrote:I would love to see Sylvinho and Zabba (in the same game) get a run out at some stage to see how they are in comparison to Bridge and Micah.

Well it's almost certain he'll get some games but it's hard to say when. We're supposed to be employing a rotation policy so sooner or later MH will decide Bridge needs a rest. If Sylvinho comes in & plays really well, then he may get more & more games as the season goes on & people get more tired. I really fancy us to finish very strongly because of stuff like this. We just have to try not to lose touch in the 1st half of the season.

Good points there Ted.Plus the inevitable injuries will occur and players that aint had games will suddenly get there chance to play and try and mark there claim in the 1st team.
Its a pity we didnt make uefa cup so all the lads would get games but i do think its a blessing not bein in the comp this season.
shawzy

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:19 pm

shawzy wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Good points there Ted.Plus the inevitable injuries will occur and players that aint had games will suddenly get there chance to play and try and mark there claim in the 1st team.
Its a pity we didnt make uefa cup so all the lads would get games but i do think its a blessing not bein in the comp this season.

If we get a couple of cup runs it'll all mount up & we'll be glad we've got a squad. I think most of this squad is being put together with the future in mind anyway. We'll be expecting to be in Europe next season & then most of these players will be pretty busy all the time.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum