chelsea

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: chelsea

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:I think the Boro youth player in question, blatantly and illegally tapped by Arnesen, was Nathan Porritt.

Add this on to Cashley, Obi Mikel and others and its the knock on effect that has led to the punishment. Remember when we played them in the Youth Cup final recently and there team was full of foreign players and the pick of other teams acadamies that they'd poached.

Clearly Chelsea have know they have been behaving VERY illegally, been warned and still not given a shit hence the punishment is just.

Yes it was Porrit.

I think one or two people are getting this mixed up in comparing it to tapping up by other clubs etc. Chelsea aren't being done for tapping up a player & unsettling him so the club sells him, they're being done for inducing a player to break a contract & walk out on his club. It's a completely different charge. Jason Cundy & Durham are both arguing with each other & completely missing that point on Talkshite right now.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fish111 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:50 pm

On the continent your a minor up until your 18 years old, over here your a minor until your 16 years old, that's when the English clubs go hunting for young talent and that's where we fall foul of the European clubs when we nick their 16 & 17 year olds. We are not breaking British rules but we infringing on the rules that most of the continent adhere to. Chelski quite clearly induced this kid to just walk out on Lens when he was under contract to them and they have been dealt with, fairly imo. Fining them would have done fuck all. They have been hit very very hard and so has the kid himself.

Chelski cannot register a player in the next two transfer windows, they have also got to pay Lens around £130,000 in compensation, the player himself has to pay Lens around £500,000 and is banned from playing football of any type for four months.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:20 pm

What are we going to do Peter?

Don't worry Roman, I've got a cunning plan! Butch, get your kit on love.

[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Original Dub » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:53 pm

CityGer wrote:This is massive. Strange that it has come completely out of the blue, though.

I wonder if Mr Terry was aware of this before he signed his extension.

Good job you're not a newbie CityGer... My rag radar was beeping like crazy ;)
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:18 pm

I doubt it will stay as it is to be honest :(
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Blue Toy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:22 pm

If the ban is upheld, I wonder if Abramovich will suddenly drop his wishes for transfer limits being imposed, bearing in mind how much he'll want/need to spend in 2011.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:29 pm

someone's prollee posted this but when Roma were given a 2 window ban a few years back i just read about how it was reduced to one window...which would be nothing for Chelsea if it gets reduced on appeal.

this wont amount to more than hand slapping. it's a setup for the big shaft they will stick in our butthole once we win something. just watch.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john68 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:17 am

There is a point which seems to have been missed in here and it would explain why so many clubs have had no penalties against them at all for this and similar types of behaviour in the past.
The FA, UeFA and FIFA are NOT proactive in taking action against clubs, even when they know clubs have behaved improperly. They ONLY act when a complaint has been laid by another club.
Apparently Lens warned Chelsea they were taking action and quoted what the penalty would be...Chelsea ignored the warning and Lens laid the complaint with FIFA.

The rags got away with what they did in the Berba kidnapping because they paid Spurs hush money not to complain.

I don't think we have any clubs trying to nail our arse about our buying, except Everton, who I don't think will make any complaint. Even if they had a case.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:49 am

They obviously never headed the warnings when the FA were involved in the case over the two young former Leeds lads they tapped up and got for a pittence, them being sold after breaking into the Leeds team (it would have happend, look what happend to Delph) could have got that club £15-£20m instead of the £2m they did get for the pair of them....that was done by the FA, basically a "slap on the wrist"

UEFA got involved when they breached the pre-contract that Jon Obi-Mikel had signed with the scum, and this time Chelsea got fined something small to what Roman could afford at the time, and also when the Cole saga happend they were given a small fine by the FA and a suspensed points deduction......NOT ONE of them "punnishments" would have ever stopped them doing it again when they wanted.....THIS WILL!!!.

This time FIFA have got involved and this is the top governing body of football, and basically they tapped this player up and induced him and his family to move to England and leave Lens, possibly saving themselves £20m in the future if this lad lives upto his potential, now they have a geriatric squad and banned for 2 years from buying players, NOW they will listen and probably learn, I wonder how they managed to get hold of Sturridge???....me thinks tapping has a large part to play in that deal also, but this is great news.

Chelsea are not being made an example of, they are meerly being punnished, as neither the FA or UEFA were competant enough to do anything in the past, enough is enough and now FIFA have imposed a punnishment......they are now looking at United next, so watch this space (another side the FA have done nothing to over their dodgy deals).
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Slim » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:55 am

No wonder Roman is supporting the curbing of our spending, he obviously saw this coming.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:27 am

Slim wrote:No wonder Roman is supporting the curbing of our spending, he obviously saw this coming.

That might be the reason why action has been taken, the comments now looke like a piss take.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum