Manchester mayhem and Cup ticket prices announced

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Manchester mayhem and Cup ticket prices announced

Postby rick1894citizen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:37 pm

Manchester mayhem as United and City are given green light to play at home on the same night
By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 3:57 PM on 03rd September 2009

Both Manchester clubs will play at home on the same night later this month.

Although the situation is not completely unknown, it is rare and had been resisted by Greater Manchester Police, who were no doubt mindful of the ugly scenes at West Ham's Carling Cup match against Millwall last week.

However, further discussions have managed to gain the agreement of the authorities, which mean Old Trafford will host a Carling Cup third-round tie between United and Wolves on Wednesday, September 23 - a match that will be screened live on Sky TV - with City hosting Fulham the same night, both with an 8pm kick-off.

The situation had been complicated because the Manchester derby is being played on Sunday, September 20, leading to a reluctance from both sides to play their cup fixtures 48 hours later on the Tuesday.

City were willing to host a Thursday fixture as they are not in action until the following Monday against West Ham.

However, that was no use to Fulham, who are playing Arsenal on the Saturday.

GMP eventually relented once the kick-off times were pushed back slightly, which they expect will reduce the potential for problems around normal rush hour and make fans keener to return home straight after the games.

I don't think there will be any trouble as in fighting but going to be a nightmare traffic wise, might have to go a different way as to not pass the swamp and will mean il have to drive instead of lift and beer :o(
Last edited by rick1894citizen on Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Manchester mayhem as U***d and City are given green light

Postby rick1894citizen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:49 pm

We can confirm that the third round Carling Cup tie at home to Fulham will take place on Wednesday, September 23rd with an 8pm kick-off.
Ticket prices have been set at £12.50 for Adult Seasoncard holders already signed up to Cup Games Direct and £15 for Adult Seasoncard holders.

Adult Citycard and Accesscard holders will pay £20 for a seat with all adults on the day of game paying £25.

For Fans aged 16-21-years-old the cost is £10 and under 16s’ admission will be £5.

If the supporter number used is that of an Adult, then only an Adult ticket may be purchased. This also applies to Under 16s and Over 65s.

Please note that Level 3 will be closed for this fixture.

All Cup Games Direct members will have their tickets issued as normal for this fixture. Those members seated in Level 3 will be relocated to the best available seats in the Stadium.

Hopefully my cup direct scheme was sorted in time as did that on monday so £12.50 is a bargain and with 3rd tier shut, we should sell out the rest.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Re: Manchester mayhem and Cup ticket prices announced

Postby One cap Whitey » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:18 pm

Can't argue with those prices. Well done City. Hope that helps us get a decent crowd in.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby rick1894citizen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:29 pm

One cap Whitey wrote:Can't argue with those prices. Well done City. Hope that helps us get a decent crowd in.

With third tier being shut, what would max attendance be? i'm guessing around 33.700, so it should sell out imo.

Just checked my ticket history and my cup scheme went through in time so £12.50 for me ;o)

Anyone off here done cup scheme before? I'm guessing you get the 125 pt's but none per actual game but hoping you still do and 20 pts for this but 10 for Villa away?? how do they work that out :o(
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby One cap Whitey » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:35 pm

rick1894citizen wrote:
One cap Whitey wrote:Can't argue with those prices. Well done City. Hope that helps us get a decent crowd in.

With third tier being shut, what would max attendance be? i'm guessing around 33.700, so it should sell out imo.

Just checked my ticket history and my cup scheme went through in time so £12.50 for me ;o)

Anyone off here done cup scheme before? I'm guessing you get the 125 pt's but none per actual game but hoping you still do and 20 pts for this but 10 for Villa away?? how do they work that out :o(

Don't know re the attendance but I think that'll be about right. With a full team out it would be good to get 30k+.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Goatsleftpeg » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:36 pm

Should be fun going to this game considering I live in stretford and have to get the metro into town to go to the game. Fuk em rag cunts.
Riddle me this riddle me that there's another rag shoot the twat!
Goatsleftpeg
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Current NDJ. Past D White

Postby rick1894citizen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:59 pm

Goatsleftpeg wrote:Should be fun going to this game considering I live in stretford and have to get the metro into town to go to the game. Fuk em rag cunts.

Well thats the problem as usually get a lift but as it's night and going to be busy il have to drive but will probably go M602 rather than past the swamp as normal.

Hopefully be packed bar third as will make a decent atmosphere rather than scattered in all 3 tiers and if tickets sell quickly they might even open 1 or both top tiers although doubt Fulham will sell there allocation on a week night.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Kippax » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:07 pm

rick1894citizen wrote:With third tier being shut, what would max attendance be? i'm guessing around 33.700, so it should sell out imo.

The 125 pts are awarded for signing up for the cup scheme alone, so you will still get the loyalty points once your ticket has been issued and card debited. Probable reason for 20 loyalty points hereis that with ticket prices being so cheap the club really need to fill the stadium to cover costs so use the extra loyalty points to make it appear as a top notch deal to anyone who may be waivering.

Economies of scale!

Kippax.

Kippax
De Jong's Tackle

Postby rick1894citizen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:22 pm

Kippax wrote:
rick1894citizen wrote:With third tier being shut, what would max attendance be? i'm guessing around 33.700, so it should sell out imo.

The 125 pts are awarded for signing up for the cup scheme alone, so you will still get the loyalty points once your ticket has been issued and card debited. Probable reason for 20 loyalty points hereis that with ticket prices being so cheap the club really need to fill the stadium to cover costs so use the extra loyalty points to make it appear as a top notch deal to anyone who may be waivering.

Economies of scale!

Kippax.

Sweet, hopefully have a good run in both this year. Always seem's strange the amount of pts for some games, remember last season Santander was 10 (i think) for virtually a rubber match abroad, yet a home game (possibly Fulham) was 30. I would of thought homes 10, local aways 20 and 30 for abit of travelling but makes no odd's i'l get my points up 1 day and will use mate's dad's for ones i can't.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:20 am

rick1894citizen wrote:

I didn't even know Villa away were on sale.
Any details?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:51 am

Sorted.
38 snots is a bit steep.
I believe you get the points for the game and the 125 points for joining.
Oh and Villa is showing as 20 points.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:48 am

This cup scheme direct thing is top shit,glad i joined.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby M147WN » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Sorted.
38 snots is a bit steep.
I believe you get the points for the game and the 125 points for joining.
Oh and Villa is showing as 20 points.

If you think Villa is a bit steep at £38 It's likely we'll be paying a tenner on top of that for Birminham on Nov 1st.
We're going to get shafted for aways this season!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby rick1894citizen » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:14 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:This cup scheme direct thing is top shit,glad i joined.

Is that a new take on shit hot LAHAD? piccs they must have upped it then as when details about when on sale and how many pt's etc it said 10, thought it was abit stingy on a week night and on sky/espn.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby thegoatfeeder » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:45 pm

According to the OS the Fulham game has sold out. Can that be right? Im not in the cup scheme so was going to pay for my season ticket seats just now, and I can't.
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby rick1894citizen » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:54 pm

thegoatfeeder wrote:According to the OS the Fulham game has sold out. Can that be right? Im not in the cup scheme so was going to pay for my season ticket seats just now, and I can't.

Not a chance, must be a fault as they only went on sale to seasoncard holders today and there wont be that many on cup scheme so i would think that there holding seasoncard holders seats till they go on sale to citycard and then general sale.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby thegoatfeeder » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:56 pm

rick1894citizen wrote:
thegoatfeeder wrote:According to the OS the Fulham game has sold out. Can that be right? Im not in the cup scheme so was going to pay for my season ticket seats just now, and I can't.

Not a chance, must be a fault as they only went on sale to seasoncard holders today and there wont be that many on cup scheme so i would think that there holding seasoncard holders seats till they go on sale to citycard and then general sale.

Yeah I knew they were only available today. But yeah turns out it was a fuck up, just rang up and got my 2 tickets over the phone.
thegoatfeeder

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:02 pm

so, we both didnt want to play on tuesday because of the derby on the sunday, well I could totally understand that, IF the rags put out a first team in the cup..... which they more than likely wont. TOSSERS
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm convinved we can win this competition this season, we fuc*ed it up big time under Sven 2 years ago when we did really well, got to the quarter-finals drew Spurs at home then lost! =\ So theres no reason we can't win this with our current squad.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:10 pm

I'm on cup scheme (1st time). Do I just turn up with my season card and get in like I do for league matches?

Expect I'll get a credit card receipt for £12.50 before the match to confirm my payment.
Bojinov's left foot

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum