City's strength in comparison with the 'big four', Part 2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City's strength in comparison with the 'big four', Part 2

Postby edge275 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:46 am

King Kev wrote:Brilliant post CtK!

For what it's worth, here are my thoughts on the subject;

* I am amazed and impressed that we now have TWO teams that are of Premiership standard. It's important to have a quality squad and competition for places for any club with ambitions of and real success

* Silva is going to be very busy for the scum's second string ;o)

* Whilst we now have an impressive squad assembled, we won't be challenging for the title until we have a better starting XI than our rivals. For example, with Chelsea; Cech is better than Given, Terry is better than Lescott, Cole is better than Bridge, Lampard is better than Barry and Drogba is better than Tevez, so we still have some way to go.

You know there's two of them, right? ;)
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Re: City's strength in comparison with the 'big four', Part 2

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:18 pm

edge275 wrote:
King Kev wrote:Brilliant post CtK!

For what it's worth, here are my thoughts on the subject;

* I am amazed and impressed that we now have TWO teams that are of Premiership standard. It's important to have a quality squad and competition for places for any club with ambitions of and real success

* Silva is going to be very busy for the scum's second string ;o)

* Whilst we now have an impressive squad assembled, we won't be challenging for the title until we have a better starting XI than our rivals. For example, with Chelsea; Cech is better than Given, Terry is better than Lescott, Cole is better than Bridge, Lampard is better than Barry and Drogba is better than Tevez, so we still have some way to go.

You know there's two of them, right? ;)

so, half as busy then?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum