oh dunney

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: oh dunney

Postby john68 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:37 am

Since when have we started to take any notice of a report in the Sun...Seems like a lot of mischief making to me.
They get to use Dunne to to make him look greedy, whilst slagging off the club too. Almost too perfect an opportunity for them.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Blue2 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:45 am

Already covered yesterday - viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26728
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:47 am

Dunne seems hurt to me, which means he really did love the club. I hope that's the last of the matter though now otherwise he not endear himself to the villa fans.

All the best Dunne.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:56 am

Not a very dignified end I'm afraid. Simple fact is he isn't good enough for us anymore. Harsh but true. Easier for the likes of Ned now.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby smurfsdabomb » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:05 am

Everything Dunne is saying is reasonable, he seems to be on the side of the fans and the history of the club. Cook sounds like an asshole only interested in the $$$ and media attention. Ironically this story reeks of Newcastle 6 months ago and the type of thing Shay Given was saying about the ridiculousness of the backroom dealings.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby smurfsdabomb » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:06 am

jhd24 wrote:completely agree with trout man,if you take your blinkers off and read the article correctly dunnie aint talkin about money but how he has been treated by the club he loves,players like dunnie who would shed blood for the club been fucked out when they want to stay and fight for his place to bring in players who are only after a big pay packet shows how shallow this club and fans are.

Good post.
smurfsdabomb

Postby The Foggy Blue » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:47 am

smurfsdabomb wrote:
jhd24 wrote:completely agree with trout man,if you take your blinkers off and read the article correctly dunnie aint talkin about money but how he has been treated by the club he loves,players like dunnie who would shed blood for the club been fucked out when they want to stay and fight for his place to bring in players who are only after a big pay packet shows how shallow this club and fans are.

Good post.

Yes agree with all this. Dunne isn't moaning about his compensation. I heard him being intervewed on Irish radio here in Dublin last night (when he met with with the Irish squad). The written interview takes everything he said out of context - he said he had made City his home and wanted to stay and fight for his place. He also wanted a testimonial, which I still think he deserves.

There are a few on here too quick to cut him off after 9 years at the club ("inept" etc - fuck off!)
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby MrsRazor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:08 am

Dunne was too big for his boots and i suspect he was the silent troublemaker in the dressing room. maybe now he's gone the lazy arse performances will disappear. I predict he'll have a good season with Villa but look out for next season and watch for the lazy mistakes again. I've marvelled at Dunne and his talent a few times and he had a great season a couple of years ago but I've said for a long time you need to get rid. Too many mistakes, too many red cards and too many dressing room rumours. I am now ducking ready for the knives and insults.
MrsRazor

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:18 am

After the club stuck with him when he was a sad fat waste of space pisshead, we don't owe him a fuclin thing. We could've sacked him and he'd probably be lying in the gutter somewhere by now.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:30 am

Fidel Castro wrote:After the club stuck with him when he was a sad fat waste of space pisshead, we don't owe him a fuclin thing. We could've sacked him and he'd probably be lying in the gutter somewhere by now.

Could people just back the fuck off the big man.
We saw Cooke on the night - he was obviously locked in a difficult discussion - presumably that was because Dunney didn't want to go anywhere... if we showed him the door after 9 years he's entitled to say. The interview I've seen he had nothing but praise, admiration and respect for City's fans - he was gutted to be leaving us. Can we not repay him the compliment?
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:40 am

john68 wrote:Since when have we started to take any notice of a report in the Sun...Seems like a lot of mischief making to me.
They get to use Dunne to to make him look greedy, whilst slagging off the club too. Almost too perfect an opportunity for them.

spot on, i have heard interviews with dunne over the last few days and he has wished nothing but success for city. he might rightly feel he has a grievence with the management but he has metioned how much the fans deserve the success and he hopes they get it.

why are people now taking whats wrote in the sun as gospel.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:46 am

What a load of sanctimonious shite some people are posting about this. At which club does the chairman go 'round the players asking them if he can offer them to other clubs to avoid doing things behind their backs'?

I'll answer that: fucking nowhere.

I'm sure we could've dealt with the subtefuge a bit better but imagine if every player in the squad that the manager felt was open to transfer, was told about every behind the scenes move!!!??

Imagine Hughes comments to Cook when half the players in the squad are sulking because Cook's told them!!!??

This just puts Dunne into context: not good enough as a player & nowhere near strong enough mentally. He's also too thick to see how these comments are not what his new fans want to hear at this time, it's selfish & it's disrespectful towards them.

If he'd've kept his gob shut I'd've been happy just to wish him well as someone who's been a player at the club & has a feeling for it but seeing as we're all being honest; I've never rated him, & I'm absolutely delighted I never have to watch him again because I haven't enjoyed watching him at any point in his career, I blame his lack of mental fortitude for almost all of our dreadful cup exits & have been praying for someone better pretty much since I 1st saw him. I think he's a very lucky man to have played 9 years at Manchester City as a decent side would want someone better. Luckily for him, we've been mostly shite.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:48 am

Ted Hughes wrote:What a load of sanctimonious shite some people are posting about this. At which club does the chairman go 'round the players asking them if he can offer them to other clubs to avoid doing things behind their backs'?

I'm sure we could've dealt with the subtefuge a bit better but imagine if every player in the squad that the manager felt was open to transfer, was told about every behind the scenes move!!!??

Imagine Hughes comments to Cook when half the players in the squad are sulking because Cook's told them!!!??

This just puts Dunne into context: not good enough as a player & nowhere near strong enough mentally. He's also too thick to see how these comments are not what his new fans want to hear at this time, it's selfish & it's disrespectful towards them.

If he'd've kept his gob shut I'd've been happy just to wish him well as someone who's been a player at the club & has a feeling for it but seeing as we're all being honest; I've never rated him, & I'm absolutely delighted I never have to watch him again because I haven't enjoyed watching him at any point in his career, I blame his lack of mental fortitude for almost all of our dreadful cup exits & have been praying for someone better pretty much since I 1st saw him. I think he's a very lucky man to have played 9 years at Manchester City as a decent side would want someone better. Luckily for him, we've been mostly shite.

I hope you step on an upturned plug. barefoot.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby MrsRazor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:What a load of sanctimonious shite some people are posting about this. At which club does the chairman go 'round the players asking them if he can offer them to other clubs to avoid doing things behind their backs'?

Totally agree!!1 Common sense should've told these players that when City bought Robinho it was a definitive sign of their intent to clear out the crap from the club! Dunne could've gone the route of Stevie Ireland but he didn't he went the route of Titus Bramble. Willing to take the money for f..all committment. Well done Gary Cook for seeing through him! Richards next please! Mr Blobby could play better and is probably more intelligent!
MrsRazor

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:58 am

MrsRazor wrote:
Totally agree!!1 Common sense should've told these players that when City bought Robinho it was a definitive sign of their intent to clear out the crap from the club! Dunne could've gone the route of Stevie Ireland but he didn't he went the route of Titus Bramble. Willing to take the money for f..all committment. Well done Gary Cook for seeing through him! Richards next please! Mr Blobby could play better and is probably more intelligent!

What the fuck is this shit? You've got a fucking Liverpool signature visible from space and you're chatting shit - there's no insight here - about a Manchester City Legend. Bizarre. I'm reporting that sig too - no wum.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
MrsRazor wrote:

What the fuck is this shit? You've got a fucking Liverpool signature visible from space and you're chatting shit - there's no insight here - about a Manchester City Legend. Bizarre. I'm reporting that sig too - no wum.

You may be surprised to know that your opinion isn't the only one allowed.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MrsRazor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:04 pm

MrsRazor wrote:

Oh My God are you for real! I'm imagining you shouting at the computer, sweating and feeling so hard done by because someone has dared give a differing opinion about Richard Dunne. You sound like a stalker mate, calm down it's a forum and not a life or death situation. You could always become a Villa fan if he means that much to you.
MrsRazor

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:09 pm

MrsRazor wrote:
MrsRazor wrote:

Oh My God are you for real! I'm imagining you shouting at the computer, sweating and feeling so hard done by because someone has dared give a differing opinion about Richard Dunne. You sound like a stalker mate, calm down it's a forum and not a life or death situation. You could always become a Villa fan if he means that much to you.

You're on a Manchester City site for Manchester City fans. Vivid imagination though - i'll give you that.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby MrsRazor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:13 pm

I must add this about your labelling of Dunne as a Man City legend. After being a drunk he was then part of a team that won f.. all. How does this make him a legend. Legend is a term too loosely used nowadays. You have the team now that can take anyone on. As a City fan you should recognise that! Now and only now are you able to fear noone! Dunne was just not good enough and never a legend!
MrsRazor

Postby MrsRazor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:15 pm

MrsRazor wrote:
MrsRazor wrote:

I'm married to a City fan yer muppet and I've been following football for over 30 years.

You're on a Manchester City site for Manchester City fans. Vivid imagination though - i'll give you that.

I'm married to a City fan yer muppet and I have been for nearly a decade.
MrsRazor

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum