oh dunney

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: oh dunney

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 pm

linwood wrote:There are some really odd characters on this site.

Our Captain is sold without being given a chance to fight for his place. He is not complaining about money.

He was never dropped/put on the bench. I just hope his replacements really are as good as most of you think they are. We have so far won 3 games we really should expected to if we are going to achieve something. Lets see if evrything looks so rosey after the next 2 games.

The lack of loyalty and compassion shown by some of the posters really is shocking.

Given a chance? Hes had 2yrs to improve his form and failed.Hes even admitted it himself?
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby linwood » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:12 pm

shawzy wrote:

Our Captain is sold without being given a chance to fight for his place. He is not complaining about money.

He was never dropped/put on the bench. I just hope his replacements really are as good as most of you think they are. We have so far won 3 games we really should expected to if we are going to achieve something. Lets see if evrything looks so rosey after the next 2 games.

The lack of loyalty and compassion shown by some of the posters really is shocking.

Given a chance? Hes had 2yrs to improve his form and failed.Hes even admitted it himself?

Playing alongside Richards and TBH, some chance. I hope you are right and are current two CB's are good enough to take us into the top 4. I personally am not convinced yet.
linwood
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby johnny99 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:19 pm

all this fucking fuss about dunne yet nobody cares about poor danny mills five years of loyal service and he has been booted out as well lol
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby Blue2 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:24 pm

trout man wrote:
shawzy wrote:
trout man wrote:This shite, sorry site, is fast becoming a hangout for WUMS and nouveau riche football fans with their heads up their goldplated arses. Its strange that number of people using this site has dropped dramatically, and there is going to be one less after this evening. The same group of pricks are always having a go and I for one dont like the atmosphere on here any more. Its amazing how the level of arrogance has increased in the last year, though I guess when you give trailer trash glitz, it tends to be dripping from head to toe. Fuck this place, I used to really enjoy the banter but with what is left posting on here, there are just too many arseholes.

Its by far the best City site on the net.
Name me any other site that beats this one for quality posts and healthy debate?
Like Ted said its international week so its bound to be quieter than usual.
Another point to take....City are playing very well so theres more harmony on this forum and we are agreeing on most things so no point repeating what has already been written by another member.
Yes this thread has had varying opinions on Dunne,whether you think some of us are pricks or not, everyone is entitled to have there say.
Maybe a 5 knuckle shuffle will chill you out abit :-)#

Maybe you and that 'liverpool fan' can get it on, as your respect towards one of our best and most loyal players in the last twenty years seems to signify the shallowness of your understanding of commitment and loyalty. If we cant believe that some of our players are genuinely committed to the club and what this club stands for then what is the point....you are supporting an empty vessel....though they say an empty vessel makes the most noise.

Thought you said you were leaving, don't drag it out, if you are going - go!
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:25 pm

linwood wrote:
shawzy wrote:

Playing alongside Richards and TBH, some chance. I hope you are right and are current two CB's are good enough to take us into the top 4. I personally am not convinced yet.

To be fair TBH was only used in friendlies with Dunne.
Micah is a young kid and has alot to learn.
Its since Lescott,Toure and Ned getting a renewed 5yr contract that has put pressure on Dunne.
You are correct.Only time will tell whether the back 4 will be better without our ex captain.
Im convinced it will be and i think the manager and Cooke were spot on to sell Dunne.
shawzy

Postby linwood » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:48 pm

shawzy wrote:
linwood wrote:
shawzy wrote:

Its since Lescott,Toure and Ned getting a renewed 5yr contract that has put pressure on Dunne.
You are correct.Only time will tell whether the back 4 will be better without our ex captain.
Im convinced it will be and i think the manager and Cooke were spot on to sell Dunne.

I agree with the bit about Ned, he is the future. No doubt about that. Just hope the other two live up to expectations.
linwood
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:49 pm

Trout man.I respect you as a fellow blue and member of the forum.I understand your gutted Dunne has left and your abit pissedoff at some of the responses from me and other posters.No need to call me a prick though :-)#
Can you show me some respect and reply to the questions in my posts to you.
Slim im only a stripper but dont need your gladiator backing on this one bud :-)#
shawzy

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:00 pm

linwood wrote:
shawzy wrote:
linwood wrote:
shawzy wrote:

I agree with the bit about Ned, he is the future. No doubt about that. Just hope the other two live up to expectations.

Well if the new CB's fail, you and Troutman can come back when the seasons ends and take the piss outta me and ill hold my hands up and say you were right.
I will say this.....Dunne at his peak was a fantastic player and its a shame he didnt play for City like he did a few seasons back.
I wish him well with Villa.
shawzy

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:00 pm

Two penneth!

After what the club came out with stating that Dunney has nothing but the best for the club, and after listening to Dunney, I do believe that we are turning into a Big Club. We forced Dunney out, simple as, so get used to it.

We are turning into the Chelsea's, Liverpool's and the UShited's of this world; just hope we can keep our humility?!?

Things are a'changin'!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Two penneth!

After what the club came out with stating that Dunney has nothing but the best for the club, and after listening to Dunney, I do believe that we are turning into a Big Club. We forced Dunney out, simple as, so get used to it.

We are turning into the Chelsea's, Liverpool's and the UShited's of this world; just hope we can keep our humility?!?

Things are a'changin'!

The club forced him out for his own good and i commend them for it.Not one fan wants to see Dunne demoted of the captaincy,sweating on the bench or reserves.I said a few weeks back the shit will hit the fan when Dunne gets sold.
Some of the fans need to look at whats going on and get the bigger picture.
What we have done in 1 year normally takes other big clubs 5yrs.Its happened so fast and we need to embrace and get used to it.
Like you said m8 we a turning into a top 4 champs league side.Every fan should be smiling and backing the new regime instead of being soft old sentimental City.Crying over Dunne etc.
shawzy

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:00 am

shawzy wrote:

How do you work that out ? Hughes has only been around for one season. There was never a hint of anything about Dunnie going under Sven until Thaksin started messing around at the end of the season before last. After Thaksin made it known Sven was out, there were some players very unsettled about the situation. No doubt leading to the disgraceful result at Boro.

I'm afraid I treat everything that comes out of Cooks mouth with scepticism. I don't trust Cook at all. Dunnie wasn't one of my favourites, but he was the club captain and normally the manager gets the captains job sorted out BEFORE the season starts so that everybody can have some time to get things sorted, small jobs etc. I wouldhope that now Dunnie has gone that perhaps Barry will be made captain.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:17 am

DoomMerchant wrote:try ROLE, fucktard.

cheers

Thanks.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:51 am

i think a few have missed my first post, dunney was slagging city off, he WAS MOANING about NOT getting a TESTIMONIAL. and then slagging cook off. for where we are going, dunne was not good enough, his mistakes every season cost us points, but i DIDNT SLAG him off once. and to hear him moan about his testimonial. i think that he wanted the money for himself, not for a charity. and i was one of the first to send him a good luck at villa, anyway hes gone, im looking forward at city and see where it takes me.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Hazy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:50 am

I liked Dune, but he no longer plays for us, Hughes is right and if you are gonna build your own tean unless the captain is gonna
playa-part he has to go, the first out in any takeover are those that the boss wants out, good luck Dunney and all that but City come first for me.
Hazy

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:18 am

Can i ask a basic question?

Did anyone actually fucking read the newspaper where the full interview was done?the Sun took two or three lines out to suit there own agenda.

A summary:

He said he loves the club, loves manchester loves the fans and thinks the fans deserve success cos were great(except some fo the people on this site i think he was referring to ;))
He had no problem with Hughes and liked him i gathered, hughes wanted him to stay and fight for his place but the club had to be seen to bring money in.
His problem was with Cook, not with money or anything else, with Cook for selling him behind his back, if he had of been told to his face he had to leave he wouldnt of minded, he heard loads of rumours cook was trying to sell him, he apporached cook and cook denied this and Dunne specifically told him if he was trying to sell him to tell him to his face, cook didnt do this and sold him anyway, the dispute over the testominal is Dunne said he wanted to stay and fight for his place and have a testomonial, cook said even if he stayed he wouldnt give him a testemonial even though 12months earlier cook had been begging(like most of us here) him to stay even though the club was in the shit-Dunne stayed. And 12months on cook throws his 4 year contract in the bin. Dunne thinks (this is prob his bitterness showing through nothing against oour club or the fans who he praised) that Cook hasnt a clue and thinks hes only intrested in marquee signings, Dunne hasnt liked cook since cook said last year something like "the name richard dunne, our captain, doesnt roll off the tongue in bangkok".

Anyway i cant find the article online in full but i dont see what richard has done wrong?hes getting an awful lot of abuse for nothing, ive read somewhere above hes been shit for 2 years?thats crazy, yes he was average last year but during svens time he was a collosus until the last few months when the team fell apart, this time 2 years ago he was one of the best in the league according to this site, which is it? Maybe dunne isnt good enough to be captain and 1st choice centre back for top 4 but hes certainly good enough to be back up and put pressure on the 2 first choice, he should of been kept in the Hyypia role for us and from what i gather he was prepared to do that but the club didnt want him too, its obvious from how long the villa trasnfer took and his mulling over it that he wanted to stay.

He will be missed in my opinion, 9 years is a long time we might never have a player stay that long again the least he deserves is our respect and certainly not to cause divide amoong fans, Dunne is a city legend thats a fact yes we might not have won anything but most people have been watching him fror 9 years week in week out give us a 100%. Because we havent won anything does that mean that unless a club wins something we cant have a legend??Bollicks, try telling Matt le Tissier that one down at southampton.

Richard Dunne is a Man city legend theres no debate there and i for one wish him all the best. hes been my all time city favorite player and will do for a long time i imagine
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:44 am

Dubciteh wrote:Can i ask a basic question?

Did anyone actually fucking read the newspaper where the full interview was done?the Sun took two or three lines out to suit there own agenda.

A summary:

He said he loves the club, loves manchester loves the fans and thinks the fans deserve success cos were great(except some fo the people on this site i think he was referring to ;))
He had no problem with Hughes and liked him i gathered, hughes wanted him to stay and fight for his place but the club had to be seen to bring money in.
His problem was with Cook, not with money or anything else, with Cook for selling him behind his back, if he had of been told to his face he had to leave he wouldnt of minded, he heard loads of rumours cook was trying to sell him, he apporached cook and cook denied this and Dunne specifically told him if he was trying to sell him to tell him to his face, cook didnt do this and sold him anyway, the dispute over the testominal is Dunne said he wanted to stay and fight for his place and have a testomonial, cook said even if he stayed he wouldnt give him a testemonial even though 12months earlier cook had been begging(like most of us here) him to stay even though the club was in the shit-Dunne stayed. And 12months on cook throws his 4 year contract in the bin. Dunne thinks (this is prob his bitterness showing through nothing against oour club or the fans who he praised) that Cook hasnt a clue and thinks hes only intrested in marquee signings, Dunne hasnt liked cook since cook said last year something like "the name richard dunne, our captain, doesnt roll off the tongue in bangkok".

Anyway i cant find the article online in full but i dont see what richard has done wrong?hes getting an awful lot of abuse for nothing, ive read somewhere above hes been shit for 2 years?thats crazy, yes he was average last year but during svens time he was a collosus until the last few months when the team fell apart, this time 2 years ago he was one of the best in the league according to this site, which is it? Maybe dunne isnt good enough to be captain and 1st choice centre back for top 4 but hes certainly good enough to be back up and put pressure on the 2 first choice, he should of been kept in the Hyypia role for us and from what i gather he was prepared to do that but the club didnt want him too, its obvious from how long the villa trasnfer took and his mulling over it that he wanted to stay.

He will be missed in my opinion, 9 years is a long time we might never have a player stay that long again the least he deserves is our respect and certainly not to cause divide amoong fans, Dunne is a city legend thats a fact yes we might not have won anything but most people have been watching him fror 9 years week in week out give us a 100%. Because we havent won anything does that mean that unless a club wins something we cant have a legend??Bollicks, try telling Matt le Tissier that one down at southampton.

Richard Dunne is a Man city legend theres no debate there and i for one wish him all the best. hes been my all time city favorite player and will do for a long time i imagine

It's all about opinions mate. Many people liked Dunney as a player, I didn't. I respected him & liked him as a bloke but as a player I only rated him for one of the seasons when he won the p.o.t.y. when he was admittedly very consistantly good but helped enormously by Distin, who propped him up. I thougt him & Distin then got worse & worse & it was due to a complete lack of any decent performing players at the club & his popularity that he won the p.o.t.y. afterwards; we were shit & he was (debatably) a bit less shit than the others.

He started well under Sven then got worse & worse, was skinned by Championship standard players in the FA Cup, went to pieces v Spurs in the League cup (& imo has done in nearly every cup compo since we signed him) & after a great performance at OT, had a stinker next game v Everton, effectively ending our ambitions & then deteriorated, eventually helping Sven get the sack.

He started the next season by almost getting us knocked out of the UEFA cup, his performances in the league could've got MH sacked & he finished the season by clumsily getting us knocked out of the UEFA cup.

I think his outburst against Cook (who represents US whether people like it or not) is unneccessary & damaging to our club & his attitude to Villa & their fans is a disgrace; describing them as 'softening the blow' is awful disrespect.

I still wish him all the best & will applaud him when he comes back but if he can spout a load of 'truth' about City when he leaves, why shouldn't I have the right to be truthful in my opinion about him?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:47 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
I think his outburst against Cook (who represents US whether people like it or not) is unneccessary & damaging to our club & his attitude to Villa & their fans is a disgrace; describing them as 'softening the blow' is awful disrespect.

I have got to agree with that. I have been pissed off with the way Tevez constantly talks about rags and I assume there are lot of Villa supporters who are disgusted with the way he is introducing himself to them, essentially people who pay his wages.

Also slagging off Cook is easy route BUT just when Cook had arrived and Sven had been sacked, Dunne was trying to force a move to Portsmouth which I'm sure left bitter taste on Cook's mouth. What goes around comes around. That's the way football is, when Clubs are on their knees players show NO loyalty and when clubs can attract better players they have no loyalty to current players. It's harsh game these days for sure but these people are paid ASTRONOMICAL sums to deal with it. It's pretty much the same in ordinary private industries these days as well, only we are left FUCKED with mortgages and kids etc when company doesn't want to show you loyalty.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:57 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

I have got to agree with that. I have been pissed off with the way Tevez constantly talks about rags and I assume there are lot of Villa supporters who are disgusted with the way he is introducing himself to them, essentially people who pay his wages.

Also slagging off Cook is easy route BUT just when Cook had arrived and Sven had been sacked, Dunne was trying to force a move to Portsmouth which I'm sure left bitter taste on Cook's mouth. What goes around comes around. That's the way football is, when Clubs are on their knees players show NO loyalty and when clubs can attract better players they have no loyalty to current players. It's harsh game these days for sure but these people are paid ASTRONOMICAL sums to deal with it. It's pretty much the same in ordinary private industries these days as well, only we are left FUCKED with mortgages and kids etc when company doesn't want to show you loyalty.

I'd be sad & maybe resentful in Dunney's position but the very things you're mentioning & the fact that he's set a load of blues arguing & pissed off a load of Villa fans just proves that he should have kept his mouth shut.

Anyhow, like you said in the other thread, it probably is better just to leave it as most of us liked & respected the bloke in one way or another even if we don't all agree about him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby xavi6 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:00 am

MrsRazor wrote:Totally agree!!1 Common sense should've told these players that when City bought Robinho it was a definitive sign of their intent to clear out the crap from the club! Dunne could've gone the route of Stevie Ireland but he didn't he went the route of Titus Bramble. Willing to take the money for f..all committment. Well done Gary Cook for seeing through him! Richards next please! Mr Blobby could play better and is probably more intelligent!

The same Titus Bramble who has turned his career around and was voted Wigan's Player of the Year last season?

If I were you I'd quit while I was behind

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Dubciteh » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:19 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:Can i ask a basic question?

A summary:

It's all about opinions mate. Many people liked Dunney as a player, I didn't. I respected him & liked him as a bloke but as a player I only rated him for one of the seasons when he won the p.o.t.y. when he was admittedly very consistantly good but helped enormously by Distin, who propped him up. I thougt him & Distin then got worse & worse & it was due to a complete lack of any decent performing players at the club & his popularity that he won the p.o.t.y. afterwards; we were shit & he was (debatably) a bit less shit than the others.

He started well under Sven then got worse & worse, was skinned by Championship standard players in the FA Cup, went to pieces v Spurs in the League cup (& imo has done in nearly every cup compo since we signed him) & after a great performance at OT, had a stinker next game v Everton, effectively ending our ambitions & then deteriorated, eventually helping Sven get the sack.

He started the next season by almost getting us knocked out of the UEFA cup, his performances in the league could've got MH sacked & he finished the season by clumsily getting us knocked out of the UEFA cup.

I still wish him all the best & will applaud him when he comes back but if he can spout a load of 'truth' about City when he leaves, why shouldn't I have the right to be truthful in my opinion about him?

I appreciate the effort you put into your reply mate sure beats the usual two line argument that some people throw out! I dont agree with most of what you said but thats what opinions are based on, your one of the few around here who can debate a point(i usually agree with most you say for the record).

I think his outburst against cook is personal and not against the fans or the club,he spouts "truth" about him, he fully emphasised how he loved the fans and wished us and the club all the best for the future saying we deserve success, thats the thing that bugs me, hes wished us all the best but people on here still like to slag him off, remember SWP left we said if hed of thanked the fans he would of got our best wishes doesnt seem to be the case here?
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum