oh dunney

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: oh dunney

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:14 pm

Seems both the fans and Richard are getting caught in the emotion of it all at the moment. Although I'm not quite sure that the article is quite the BLISTERING LET'S-GET-AS-FUCKING-SHOCKING-AS-POSSIBLE ATTACK that The Sun make it out to be it's not a nice one for either party. I'm sure, when his career is over, Richard will look back on his time at City with fondness and I'm sure that fans will remember his time here likewise.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:15 pm

trout man wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
trout man wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
trout man wrote:This shite, sorry site, is fast becoming a hangout for WUMS and nouveau riche football fans with their heads up their goldplated arses. Its strange that number of people using this site has dropped dramatically, and there is going to be one less after this evening. The same group of pricks are always having a go and I for one dont like the atmosphere on here any more. Its amazing how the level of arrogance has increased in the last year, though I guess when you give trailer trash glitz, it tends to be dripping from head to toe. Fuck this place, I used to really enjoy the banter but with what is left posting on here, there are just too many arseholes.

One less now.

Yeah, that makes a grand total of 21 people in the entire fucking world on this site

It's an international weekend mate, There's fuck all happening.

Yeah your right Ted, there is fuck all happening on this site.

I honestly can't understand people getting so upset at this bloke going mate. He has an affinity for City but so do hundreds of other players over the years who've been sold & earned a fraction of what he has yet didn't feel the need to make it personal & give ammunition to those outside the club who want to cause trouble. I've seen much better players than Dunne sold on over the last 40 odd years without all the bollox this is attracting. City are on the up at long long last. That's what matters to me.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:41 pm

trout man wrote:This shite, sorry site, is fast becoming a hangout for WUMS and nouveau riche football fans with their heads up their goldplated arses. Its strange that number of people using this site has dropped dramatically, and there is going to be one less after this evening. The same group of pricks are always having a go and I for one dont like the atmosphere on here any more. Its amazing how the level of arrogance has increased in the last year, though I guess when you give trailer trash glitz, it tends to be dripping from head to toe. Fuck this place, I used to really enjoy the banter but with what is left posting on here, there are just too many arseholes.

Its by far the best City site on the net.
Name me any other site that beats this one for quality posts and healthy debate?
Like Ted said its international week so its bound to be quieter than usual.
Another point to take....City are playing very well so theres more harmony on this forum and we are agreeing on most things so no point repeating what has already been written by another member.
Yes this thread has had varying opinions on Dunne,whether you think some of us are pricks or not, everyone is entitled to have there say.
Maybe a 5 knuckle shuffle will chill you out abit :-)#
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby MrsRazor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:43 pm

Mr. Razor400 likes my goldplated arse! lol
MrsRazor
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Slim » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:46 pm

shawzy wrote:

Name me any other site that beats this one for quality posts and healthy debate?
Another point to take....City are playing very well so theres more harmony on this forum and we are agreeing on most things so no point repeating what has already been written by another member.
Yes this thread has had varying opinions on Dunne,whether you think some of us are pricks or not, everyone is entitled to have there say.

uh hum, you are the stripper, I am the cagefighter...know your roll.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Shegelu » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:46 pm

Dunne definitely deserved better treatment. His complaint was that he was sold behind his back. I've wanted to see him on the bench for months, but he was loyal, hard working and until this moment uncomplaining. I miss his spirit if not his calamitous errors.
Yo yo yo, TOP BANANA mate, tellin ya!
Shegelu
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby trout man » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:52 pm

shawzy wrote:

Maybe you and that 'liverpool fan' can get it on, as your respect towards one of our best and most loyal players in the last twenty years seems to signify the shallowness of your understanding of commitment and loyalty. If we cant believe that some of our players are genuinely committed to the club and what this club stands for then what is the point....you are supporting an empty vessel....though they say an empty vessel makes the most noise.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Slim wrote:
shawzy wrote:

uh hum, you are the stripper, I am the cagefighter...know your roll.

try ROLE, fucktard.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Shegelu wrote:Dunne definitely deserved better treatment. His complaint was that he was sold behind his back. I've wanted to see him on the bench for months, but he was loyal, hard working and until this moment uncomplaining. I miss his spirit if not his calamitous errors.

Surely all players are sold 'behind their backs' unless they ask for a move? I would imagine talks go on all the time about players coming & going & the player will only find out if the move becomes a genuine possibility otherwise the player's form can be affected. We're all wondering now how Petrov's going to react to the Spurs rumours. Wouldn't it be better if he'd known nothing about it?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby MrsRazor » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:01 pm

trout man wrote:
shawzy wrote:

Maybe you and that 'liverpool fan' can get it on, as your respect towards one of our best and most loyal players in the last twenty years seems to signify the shallowness of your understanding of commitment and loyalty. If we cant believe that some of our players are genuinely committed to the club and what this club stands for then what is the point....you are supporting an empty vessel....though they say an empty vessel makes the most noise.

Oh Shawzy babe if only I wasn't married! God there's some real grumpy buggers on here. Anyways thankgod you've got Lescott and Toure for the Arsenal game. ;)
MrsRazor

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:11 pm

trout man wrote:
shawzy wrote:

You can include me in the catagory of people who don't understand commitment & loyalty in that case. Didn't Richard Eghill get kicked out at round about the time Dunne arrived & drank his way through 3 years of getting paid by people like me? Y know the bloke who scored the pen at Wembley? Wonder which team he supported?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Shegelu » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Shegelu wrote:Dunne definitely deserved better treatment. His complaint was that he was sold behind his back. I've wanted to see him on the bench for months, but he was loyal, hard working and until this moment uncomplaining. I miss his spirit if not his calamitous errors.

Surely all players are sold 'behind their backs' unless they ask for a move? I would imagine talks go on all the time about players coming & going & the player will only find out if the move becomes a genuine possibility otherwise the player's form can be affected. We're all wondering now how Petrov's going to react to the Spurs rumours. Wouldn't it be better if he'd known nothing about it?

Good point! I've always assumed that when talks became serious enough to leak to the press, the player would be told beforehand so as not to rattle him, unless relations with the player had soured too much.
Yo yo yo, TOP BANANA mate, tellin ya!
Shegelu
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:15 pm

trout man wrote:
shawzy wrote:

Are you still here? Please take your own advice and go - perhaps head off to your own fan club meeting, membership of 1.

Mrs Razor - keep up the sensible posts, another take on this situation from a fan of another team has added a lot more sense than some of the misplaced romantic stuff posted about Dunne on here. He isn't good enough, end of, and he's kidding himself if he thinks he would have a sniff of regular football for a team with the aspirations we have. Such aspirations would never be fulfilled with Richard Dunne at centre half.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:19 pm

Shegelu wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Good point! I've always assumed that when talks became serious enough to leak to the press, the player would be told beforehand so as not to rattle him, unless relations with the player had soured too much.

I think that's pretty much what happened though isn't it? Dunne was claiming he was tipped off by 'friends' about City trying to sell him rather than the press I think.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:29 pm

I would not beleieve a single word that any paper says.

The truth of the matter is, we have brought in better players and have a better player on the bench.

The Uefa qtr final did it for me.

The first signs that Hughes is the manager he has been bulled up to be.

Dunne is simply not good enough for were we are going, it would be the same in any other work enviroment.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:47 pm

trout man wrote:
shawzy wrote:

Iv been committed to our brilliant captain for the last 9yrs.I will never forget what a great player he WAS for us.
Hes gone now.Was it the right move by the club? I think it was.
We have better CB now so why the hell keep him to play in the reserves.He deserves better than that and that why hes been sold on.
I have nothing against liverpool fans coming on here saying positive things about City.She has a valid opinion and i agree with what she is saying.
shawzy

Postby linwood » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:49 pm

There are some really odd characters on this site.

Our Captain is sold without being given a chance to fight for his place. He is not complaining about money.

He was never dropped/put on the bench. I just hope his replacements really are as good as most of you think they are. We have so far won 3 games we really should expected to if we are going to achieve something. Lets see if evrything looks so rosey after the next 2 games.

The lack of loyalty and compassion shown by some of the posters really is shocking.
linwood

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:54 pm

linwood wrote:There are some really odd characters on this site.

Our Captain is sold without being given a chance to fight for his place. He is not complaining about money.

He was never dropped/put on the bench. I just hope his replacements really are as good as most of you think they are. We have so far won 3 games we really should expected to if we are going to achieve something. Lets see if evrything looks so rosey after the next 2 games.

The lack of loyalty and compassion shown by some of the posters really is shocking.

I think you'll find that barring about 2 people, everyone on this board said thank's & good luck to our loyal captain. Even those of us like myself who never rated him or enjoyed watching him. It's his subsequent gobbing off in the press & giving ammunition to our enemies that I've got a problem with. I think it's shit.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby shawzy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:57 pm

failsworthblue wrote:I would not beleieve a single word that any paper says.

The truth of the matter is, we have brought in better players and have a better player on the bench.

The Uefa qtr final did it for me.

The first signs that Hughes is the manager he has been bulled up to be.

Dunne is simply not good enough for were we are going, it would be the same in any other work enviroment.

Excellent bud.
Why the hell are people being sensitive and crying about it is beyond me.
Troutman...Richard Dunne is not good enough to be playing ahead of out current CB's and he would weaken the team if he was in it.Have you watched his form in the last 2yrs?
Do you want City in the top 4?
We are not slagging Dunne off we are just saying we have better players ahead of him..Whats your issue here?
shawzy

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:00 pm

FUCK ME TROUT MAN.......LET IT OUT MAN....GIVE IT SOME WELLY..GO ON SON.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum