3rd Kit Available to Order

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 3rd Kit Available to Order

Postby 9secondlegend » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:18 pm

i want it but im not going through ordering online. i have to try it on 1st. so if they sell out ive saved £40 and i will by a fake off ebay.
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:22 am

has anyone found out if they are limited edition yet?
9secondlegend

Postby Mike J » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:15 am

just received mine. its bloody lovely.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:25 am

Mike J wrote:just received mine. its bloody lovely.

Can't wait to get home now - to find a note from the postman saying I'll need to collect it from the depot. Grrr
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:13 pm

9secondlegend wrote:has anyone found out if they are limited edition yet?

just to answer my own question if anyone is interested , i rang the shop up and they are NOT limited edition but when they sell out they dont know when they will get any more.
9secondlegend

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:20 pm

9secondlegend wrote:

just to answer my own question if anyone is interested , i rang the shop up and they are NOT limited edition but when they sell out they dont know when they will get any more.

cheers mate, theyd want to hurry up and get them back in cos after xmas it will be barely worn and come the summer it will be confined tot he bin!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:01 pm

I've been in all day waiting for mine, how much are you betting that when I go to pick my lad up off the school bus, they'll try and deliver and I'll have a bloody card shoved thru my door
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby 9secondlegend » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:32 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:

cheers mate, theyd want to hurry up and get them back in cos after xmas it will be barely worn and come the summer it will be confined tot he bin!

she wouldnt tell me how many they had either so i think it could be a ploy to get everyone to buy 1 straight away , which suits me because i want to get as much as possible out of it so i will be down there at 9am tomorrow hopefully with not much queue as i will have both of my kids with me!
9secondlegend

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:35 am

I was at work when the courier came yesterday so not got mine yet :-(

According to the O/S we will be wearing it again at Everton and Chelsea, which makes sense - they both wear dark blue - so why not at Birmingham?
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby King Kev » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:52 am

I got my 3rd kit shirt on Wednesday and fuclin love it!

I don't normally keep up to date with buying the new kits but have all 3 this season. They look brilliant and the quality is the best we have had for a while too. Well done Umbro, I take back most of what I said about you in the Summer.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:54 am

well i went this morning expecting a slight queue at least and i think city were aswell but there was literaly 4 people in the shop and at least 30 staff!
9secondlegend

Postby Blue in the face » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:07 pm

Our anniversary is coming up and 'er indoors is going to buy me a shirt. It turns out that no friggin shops in Belfast have it, so we will have to get it on line without trying it on first. Now the thing is, what size to get? I'm 6'3" with a hefty beer gut. Are the black tops slim fitting or ample? Are they long or shortish? When you get into the sizes XL and XXL, shirts usually just get wider, not longer so bigger sizes dont necessarily mean longer if you get my drift.

Is anybody a similar shape with a shirt? What size did you get?
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby King Kev » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Blue in the face wrote:Our anniversary is coming up and 'er indoors is going to buy me a shirt. It turns out that no friggin shops in Belfast have it, so we will have to get it on line without trying it on first. Now the thing is, what size to get? I'm 6'3" with a hefty beer gut. Are the black tops slim fitting or ample? Are they long or shortish? When you get into the sizes XL and XXL, shirts usually just get wider, not longer so bigger sizes dont necessarily mean longer if you get my drift.

Measure your chest, add 2 inches and order that size in black. You can't go wrong.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue in the face » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:34 pm

King Kev wrote:
Blue in the face wrote:Our anniversary is coming up and 'er indoors is going to buy me a shirt. It turns out that no friggin shops in Belfast have it, so we will have to get it on line without trying it on first. Now the thing is, what size to get? I'm 6'3" with a hefty beer gut. Are the black tops slim fitting or ample? Are they long or shortish? When you get into the sizes XL and XXL, shirts usually just get wider, not longer so bigger sizes dont necessarily mean longer if you get my drift.

Measure your chest, add 2 inches and order that size in black. You can't go wrong.

Cheers mate.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Dazzacity » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:06 am

I do like it but it has to be my least fav out of the 3 shirts.. Ill prob get it tomo when Im at the game, I prob wont. See how I feel at the time. Already spent £100 on the home and away.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby irblinx » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:10 pm

Fish111 wrote:
M147WN wrote:Can't see anything on the OS about it being a limited edition?

On another point why are the club only making merchandise available at the club shop and the Arndale shop?
Was in the trafford centre last week and every sports shop is rammed full of rag shirts but not a City shirt to be seen?
Don't really see the logic in this from a commercial point of view and doesn't really fit with the clubs plans of building a brand when there's only one outlet in the whole of the city centre you can get kitted out. Casual visitors to the shopping streets of Manchester can see nothing but fucking red rugby shirts? That can't be right?

Definately agree that we should have an outlet in the Trafford Centre as it is one of the largest & busiest shopping centres in the country.

Whilst I agree that there should be a shop in the Trafford centre I think we should reserve judgement on whether it was a good strategic call until we see shirt sales! I'm guessing that despite the fact that there are only two physical shops and one online store that we will still have sold significantly more shirts than ever before and this time the club keeps all the healthy retail profit on every shirt sold. I'm pretty sure that in the cold light of day that the numbers will stack up.
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:26 am

irblinx wrote:
Fish111 wrote:
M147WN wrote:Can't see anything on the OS about it being a limited edition?

On another point why are the club only making merchandise available at the club shop and the Arndale shop?
Was in the trafford centre last week and every sports shop is rammed full of rag shirts but not a City shirt to be seen?
Don't really see the logic in this from a commercial point of view and doesn't really fit with the clubs plans of building a brand when there's only one outlet in the whole of the city centre you can get kitted out. Casual visitors to the shopping streets of Manchester can see nothing but fucking red rugby shirts? That can't be right?

Definately agree that we should have an outlet in the Trafford Centre as it is one of the largest & busiest shopping centres in the country.

Whilst I agree that there should be a shop in the Trafford centre I think we should reserve judgement on whether it was a good strategic call until we see shirt sales! I'm guessing that despite the fact that there are only two physical shops and one online store that we will still have sold significantly more shirts than ever before and this time the club keeps all the healthy retail profit on every shirt sold. I'm pretty sure that in the cold light of day that the numbers will stack up.

and it should be so since these shirts are fantastically designed, and have a great fit, etc. Best in the prem this season i think when you look across all 3 designs, materials, fit and marketing effort. Class. Plus a great new sponsor that isn't an online betting house and doesn't seem like some retarded provincial outfit. All stacks up in our favor quite well.

Does the club release shirt sales info for us to validate the speculation that we'll sell more shirts than ever?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum