Will Chelsea get their ban over turned?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Will Chelsea get their ban over turned.

No their going to be made an example of.
13%
Yes Chelsea will grease someones palm with some freshly laundered Roubles.
No votes
Reduced to a lesser charge not involving a ban.
35%
Reduced to a one transfer ban.
52%

Total votes : 23

Will Chelsea get their ban over turned?

Postby Surrey Sky Blue » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:09 pm

Matthieu Reeb, secretary general for the Court of Arbitration for Sport, has revealed Chelsea can expect a decision on their appeal over their transfer embargo by December.

The Blues have confirmed that they will contest the decision that saw Fifa ban them from signing any new players until January 2011 after they were found guilty of inducing Gael Kakuta to break his contract with Lens in 2007.

Chelsea's appeal will go to the Court of Arbitration Sport and they will be responsible for passing the final judgement on the club.

Similarly, Serie A side Roma were banned from signing players for two transfer windows back in 2004 over their move for Philippe Mexes from Auxerre but after they appealed to the CAS the ban was reduced to one window.

"If the appeal is fielded within the deadline of the next 21 days we should have the appeal in the next two or three weeks. Then the CAS can proceed in an extradited manner depending on whether the party has agreed to extradite the procedure," Reeb told Sky Sports News.
Decision

"But at the least we will probably issue a decision at the end of November or mid-December.

"We will have a panel of three arbitrators, so three judges. One will be selected by Chelsea the other by FC Lens and Fifa and the chairman will be CAS.

"It will be a final decision which would replace the Fifa decision if necessary. The CAS decision can be appealed only before the Swiss Supreme Court which is for the Swiss tribunal.

"It could be a final ruling before Christmas."
Hark now hear, The City sing, United ran away, And we will fight for ever more, Because of Derby day.
Surrey Sky Blue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Shorter working days
My favourite player is: Zabba!!

Re: Will Chelsea get their ban over turned?

Postby Dameerto » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:21 pm

I have a feeling they wont have it reduced on appeal.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:24 pm

If they fail with the appeal i reckon they will make the punishment bigger.
I get the feeling they will get a lesser punishment though.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Fish111 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:57 pm

The precedent has already been set with Roma recieving the same punishment for the same crime but it was reduced to a one transfer window ban.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby john68 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:03 pm

It may not be the case that a precedent has been set, simply because of what occured to Roma.
It would depend on the facts and evidence before the Court of Arbitration. It woill also depend on the evidence against Chelsea.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Fish111 wrote:The precedent has already been set with Roma recieving the same punishment for the same crime but it was reduced to a one transfer window ban.

¨
This is what I expect to happen. Would love it though if they were told to fuck off
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Return to The Maine Football forum