David González Giraldo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

David González Giraldo

Postby DunneyMonster » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Just been told he has been at City this week and is now heading back to Argentina to pack his stuff as he is joining us? Not sure how we can sign him as it says he is currently with Club Atlético Huracán.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gonz ... ez_Giraldo

Not sure if Doug has seen him around?
Last edited by Niall Quinns Discopants on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link fixed
DunneyMonster
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!

Re: David González Giraldo

Postby Fish111 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Go on then i'll ask. Who is he?
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:16 pm

I reckon he is actually out of contract. Can't see that wikipage being updated too regularly.

We seem to be making some strange keeper' signing. This, and the 3rd keeper we have with the scandinavian name (which keeps escaping my mind!)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:16 pm

Yes he has been around for a few weeks now being tried out. Quite surprising to hear him called David. Thought he was Italian at first but we asked and found out we were giving him a trial. As ever with keepers it's not that easy to know how good they are or can be till you get in a real game but he looked pretty good when I have seen him.

Kevin Hitchcock was working him very hard on Thursday so it seems he must have passed all the tests.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:28 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:I reckon he is actually out of contract. Can't see that wikipage being updated too regularly.

We seem to be making some strange keeper' signing. This, and the 3rd keeper we have with the scandinavian name (which keeps escaping my mind!)

We have 2 who might fit that description. Gunnar Nielsen who I think might be hte Faroe Islands keeper plus .......... who is Norwegian . Can't remember his bloody name though , it's Toby something ( no doubt Tobias) and I don't know how to look him on on the City website if it is possible.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:03 pm

Work permit?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:18 pm

Fish111 wrote:Go on then i'll ask. Who is he?

Mexican/American talkshow host.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beanieboy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Work permit?

Wiki says he p;ayed in turkey,.....90% chance he has 4 passports
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:21 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:I reckon he is actually out of contract. Can't see that wikipage being updated too regularly.

We have 2 who might fit that description. Gunnar Nielsen who I think might be hte Faroe Islands keeper plus .......... who is Norwegian . Can't remember his bloody name though , it's Toby something ( no doubt Tobias) and I don't know how to look him on on the City website if it is possible.

Yeah we've got 2 Nowegian brothers in the academy, both keepers. Tobias & Eirik Johansen. Gunnar Nielsen is a bit older and probably 3rd choice, from the Faroes. Think we stole him from Blackburn
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby DunneyMonster » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:31 am

Just had an update, turns out he got married in July/August to a local girl (they had been going out for ages), which is why I have found out this information, so a work permit isn't a problem.
DunneyMonster
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!

Return to The Maine Football forum