Internationals 05/09

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Internationals 05/09

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:16 pm

Russia 0-0 Liechtenstein L
Scotland 0-0 FYR Macedonia L
Armenia 0-1 Bosnia-Herzegovina L
Ukraine 2-0 Andorra L

watching Scotland - FYRM. The poor old jocks ain't doing so well. pandev is a sublime player, would love to see him at city.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Internationals 05/09

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:19 pm

i spoketh too soon, scotland go one-nil up. great glancing header from Brown.
The Man In Blue

Postby roadkill2487 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:21 pm

a must win for Sverige tonight against Hungary!
roadkill2487
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Chad » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:24 pm

"Reports" that SWP is getting a starting spot for England today.
Chad
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby DelaBlue » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:55 pm

Both SWP & Barry starting.

Nice to see blue boys in there.
DelaBlue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Dela's Under 13s 9s

Postby crossan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:55 pm

SEEYOUJIMMY 2-0..............PLAYOFF BOUND.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:17 pm

I wasn't particularly impressed with Holland v the footbaling tour de force that Japan isn't. Perhaps Japan are better than I think (doubt it though).

Nigel de Jong was quiet and, like most of the Dutch midfield, looked quite poor especially in the first half when they were stifled by Japan's five-man midfield. They opnly managed one shot in the first half. Very poor. There was one quite rough challenge early on from NidJ that I thought deserved a yellow - and with hindsight it would definitely have got one later in the game. And as for Sneijder's appalling, two-footed, shin-high lunge on Hasebe when Holland started to get frustrated late in the first half... well, let's just say I think Sneijder is a nasty little twat.

De Jong though will have to perform much, much better than he did in this game to even get near a place in the City team. How arsed he and the rest of the Dutch team were about this friendly is obviously open to debate, but as soon as they replaced Robben it made a big difference. The lad who played on the left in the second half from Hamburg, whose name I forget, looks a much better bet on that performance than the ex-Chelsea softarse.

If I were a Scot watching that, I would have some cause for optimism. There are obvious chinks in their armour at the back and in midfield, particularly in the temperament of certain indivuduals. Stifle them and they'll crack a bit. Then you're half way there. Scotland have beatne Holland before, I do recall.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:22 pm

Two out of four of the England midfielders are City. Come on you Blues.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ireland8989 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:The lad who played on the left in the second half from Hamburg, whose name I forget, looks a much better bet on that performance than the ex-Chelsea softarse..

hes name is Eljerio Elia, played agaist us for Twente last season! fantastic talent
Ireland8989
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby shawzy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:00 pm

OMG Did you see that from Rooney.He actually apealed for the pen and got it.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby roadkill2487 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:01 pm

THAT was a penalty? You got to be kidding.
roadkill2487
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Vhero » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:03 pm

roadkill2487 wrote:THAT was a penalty? You got to be kidding.

No doubt a fucking dive by the red scum I would expect nothing left... I feel disgusted to be from the same country as him but then again he is a scouser..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby roadkill2487 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:19 pm

Rooney has been FLOPPING so much as of late. I hate that Shrek looking red scum.
roadkill2487
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:22 pm

anyone see rob green handle/catch the ball outside the box and get away with it? Silly mistake!
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Vhero » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:24 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:anyone see rob green handle/catch the ball outside the box and get away with it? Silly mistake!

Lucky Basterd how that guy is getting ahead of our own Joe is a fucking mystery!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:32 pm

I know it's a friendly but we are playing at a quarter pace here. Slovenia have had far better chances to score and it's only the referee who has made the difference to the game; how a foul by shrek can be construde as a penalty is unfathomable!

Think Baz has had a decent half but Shaun looks as if he's scared to go forward and little interest when off the ball. Hopefully the second half will bring a decent performance, with maybe us upping the tempo?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:52 pm

as much as a cock he is off the pitch Defoe is one of the most natural finishers in the business.

Wish we had tried to buy him instead of Benjani a couple of January's ago.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby shawzy » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:58 pm

Barry has been class as always.
Really impressed with Lescott since hes been on.Put in some really good tackles.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Vhero » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:00 pm

Defoe is looking like he's gonna be the top striker in England this year international and at club level. What the fuck has happened with him? He's gone from can't hardly score to the next Drogba..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:02 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:I wasn't particularly impressed with Holland v the footbaling tour de force that Japan isn't. Perhaps Japan are better than I think (doubt it though).

Nigel de Jong was quiet and, like most of the Dutch midfield, looked quite poor especially in the first half when they were stifled by Japan's five-man midfield. They opnly managed one shot in the first half. Very poor. There was one quite rough challenge early on from NidJ that I thought deserved a yellow - and with hindsight it would definitely have got one later in the game. And as for Sneijder's appalling, two-footed, shin-high lunge on Hasebe when Holland started to get frustrated late in the first half... well, let's just say I think Sneijder is a nasty little twat.

De Jong though will have to perform much, much better than he did in this game to even get near a place in the City team. How arsed he and the rest of the Dutch team were about this friendly is obviously open to debate, but as soon as they replaced Robben it made a big difference. The lad who played on the left in the second half from Hamburg, whose name I forget, looks a much better bet on that performance than the ex-Chelsea softarse.

If I were a Scot watching that, I would have some cause for optimism. There are obvious chinks in their armour at the back and in midfield, particularly in the temperament of certain indivuduals. Stifle them and they'll crack a bit. Then you're half way there. Scotland have beatne Holland before, I do recall.

Dutch TV was very unimpressed, except with the result.

Am watching Sweden vs. Hungary, which just started. Sweden's pretty much doomed if we don't win this away game (I think we're doomed even if we do).
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum