how sh**e is rooney

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: how sh**e is rooney

Postby simon12 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:54 am

Lionheart wrote:I thought exactly the same.

Defoe came off the bench, worked his bollocks off and got a goal.

Rooney spent the whole match goal-hanging and missed three sitters.

Great analasis of how the game went however he`s not shite. If he picks up an injury and cant play in the derby that will be a better result than beating croatia and there`s a reason for that!
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:36 am

One thing with Rooney & players like him though is this attitude that they've played well when they've been shit. Rooney was shit in that game but the tv pundits were praising him. He was playing for himself half the time, being casual & smartarsed with his finishing & showing off. The press seem to go one way or the other with players like him; praising him all the time whatever he does or turning on him & criticising unfairly rather than just evaluating him game by game.

It was the same with Keegan, Robson, Gascoigne, Beckham etc in the past.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:44 am

Ted Hughes wrote:One thing with Rooney & players like him though is this attitude that they've played well when they've been shit. Rooney was shit in that game but the tv pundits were praising him. He was playing for himself half the time, being casual & smartarsed with his finishing & showing off. The press seem to go one way or the other with players like him; praising him all the time whatever he does or turning on him & criticising unfairly rather than just evaluating him game by game.

That's the deal with English media. Rooney is being build up and has been since he was kid for next summer. I don't think Wayne really understands this but he is what Owen was in early 2000, Beckscum was in late-90's, Gazza was in early-90's, Robson was late-80's and Keegan was in early-80's to media. Someone they hype up even when they may not always deserve it right now BUT fail to bring back golden shining trophy next summer he will be slaughtered by those very same people. For few years after the World Cup they will critisise everything he does unfairly. By that time they will have a new golden boy. Most likely Theo Walcott, who has done basically fook all so far in his career but is already slowly but surely being hyped up.

Rarely if ever these players are as good as they are made out to be when they are hyped up, but rarely if ever are they as bad as they are made out to be when they are being brought down.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:20 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:One thing with Rooney & players like him though is this attitude that they've played well when they've been shit. Rooney was shit in that game but the tv pundits were praising him. He was playing for himself half the time, being casual & smartarsed with his finishing & showing off. The press seem to go one way or the other with players like him; praising him all the time whatever he does or turning on him & criticising unfairly rather than just evaluating him game by game.

That's the deal with English media. Rooney is being build up and has been since he was kid for next summer. I don't think Wayne really understands this but he is what Owen was in early 2000, Beckscum was in late-90's, Gazza was in early-90's, Robson was late-80's and Keegan was in early-80's to media. Someone they hype up even when they may not always deserve it right now BUT fail to bring back golden shining trophy next summer he will be slaughtered by those very same people. For few years after the World Cup they will critisise everything he does unfairly. By that time they will have a new golden boy. Most likely Theo Walcott, who has done basically fook all so far in his career but is already slowly but surely being hyped up.

Rarely if ever these players are as good as they are made out to be when they are hyped up, but rarely if ever are they as bad as they are made out to be when they are being brought down.

Not only that but as the tournaments get closer, so the mainstream gutter press 'feature' people start attaching themselves to the sports department so they build up the profile of the wags & families, take nice posed photo's of them to gain their trust then later on crawl around on the floor trying to take pictures of their underwear when they've had a drink. What a great help that must be to the players.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby TrueBlue82 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:25 pm

haha this thread makes me laugh. cos he misses a few chances..and the fact hes a rag makes this an easy thread to start.

i have to say i agree, rooney will be important for england in the WC as will every other player.team game so not one player will win it for us.

i agree media and commentators lick his arse any chance they get and it sickens me but hey dont wanna be bitter so i let it slide.

you wont be saying this if he misses 3 sitters against us in a few weeks time!!!!!
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:22 pm

TrueBlue82 wrote:haha this thread makes me laugh. cos he misses a few chances..and the fact hes a rag makes this an easy thread to start.

i have to say i agree, rooney will be important for england in the WC as will every other player.team game so not one player will win it for us.

i agree media and commentators lick his arse any chance they get and it sickens me but hey dont wanna be bitter so i let it slide.

you wont be saying this if he misses 3 sitters against us in a few weeks time!!!!!

but if he misses 3 sitters on weds what will you be saying?? the press seem to think he is be all and end all of anything england do, and hes far from it!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:47 pm

I hardly dare contribute here - but I agree with Ant and Grob. He's really very good - the damage it will do to the rags when he's injured will be a delight.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:58 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:I hardly dare contribute here - but I agree with Ant and Grob. He's really very good - the damage it will do to the rags when he's injured will be a delight.

...& then when Owen breaks down too. Can't wait.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby TrueBlue82 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:I hardly dare contribute here - but I agree with Ant and Grob. He's really very good - the damage it will do to the rags when he's injured will be a delight.

...& then when Owen breaks down too. Can't wait.

oh dont.....can you imagine???????????!!!!!!!
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82

Postby TrueBlue82 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:14 pm

dick dastardley wrote:
TrueBlue82 wrote:haha this thread makes me laugh. cos he misses a few chances..and the fact hes a rag makes this an easy thread to start.

but if he misses 3 sitters on weds what will you be saying?? the press seem to think he is be all and end all of anything england do, and hes far from it!!

fair comment. when hes in an england shirt i dont care what team he play for, hes english (well if scouse can pass for english lol)

hes the press's golden boy for rags and england. love cole or defoe to get the goals that win it but even then they will say rooney made the space for the goal!

ah fuck it, england will win the WC!!!! lol
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82

Postby Vhero » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:33 pm

King Kev wrote:Thank fuck other people can see how over-rated this tosser is!

I am sick to death of reading and listening to the media in this country fawning over him and for too long people have believed them!

I honestly wouldn't want him at City.

Me neither mate I never rated the guy the most over rated player in the game today and now the rags are relying on him a lot more people are gonna see it. The last few seasons he had BS excuses like played out of position or too many strikers and all that BS I say if he was as good as the fans made out he wouldn't have been switching with Berbashite every week he would have kept him on the bench. Of course though the rag fans will defend him to death and let them I say they will sink with the cunt.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby edge275 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Rooney is an excellent player.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Crossie » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:46 pm

Frustrating ugly ginger tosser imo.

Constantly out of position, no discipline, the only reason he gets credit are because opposition defenders are so scarred of touching him and catching ginger-pikey-itus, he gets room and occasionally scores.

Very much over rated, few good volleys, hard work rate and thats about it.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:28 pm

He is argueably the best English player around at the moment for me maybe Joe Cole has a similar football brain as Rooney but if he is as shit as a lot of people on here think what chance have England got of winning any major tournament.None by the sound of the people on here and thats hardly showing any faith in your boys.
He may be far from the best in the world but I think he does work for his teammates
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Twobob » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:35 pm

When he was at Everton he had great potential, Looked and played like a true grit striker - then he moved to the scum and Taggert has done as much as possible to turn him into a midfielder to suite his own requirments - when you see him play now he looks like he doesnt know were he should be, in the same way as Wenger has been ruining Walcott by playing him on the right of midfield - anouther promising striker getting fucked over by a manager.

The worst thing r**ney ever did was join the scum in his formative younger years - if he'd have joined any other team I beleieve he'd easily be a 20+ striker by now ... and winning more.

But he's still a Scroat of the Barton mould ...
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:28 pm

Twobob wrote:I beleieve he'd easily be a 20+ striker by now ... and winning more.

Where exactly do you think he'd be 'winning more' chief? Let's face it, he's not done too bad for trophies since he's joined them.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Twobob » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:51 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Twobob wrote:I beleieve he'd easily be a 20+ striker by now ... and winning more.

Where exactly do you think he'd be 'winning more' chief? Let's face it, he's not done too bad for trophies since he's joined them.

With us of course ;-) - actualy meant to change that bit before posting lol - i was trying to say that individualy he'd have much more imput if he had always played as a true stiker and would have won more internationaly
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Crossie » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:19 pm

I reckon it takes about 4 world cups, after 4 you just start to realise its not going to happen.

If you have no expectation, you wont feel let down by a bunch of overpaid, under passionate pussies.

Remember the last world cup?? Fucking shambles from England, i've seen Oldham Athletic play better.

In 8 years where have we got? We still think Gerard and Lampard can play together, and still put square pegs in round holes
Last edited by Crossie on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:20 pm

Ah well.

The one thing that annoys me about players like Rooney is that the guy never seems to enjoy his football. He's always so fucking miserable. I rate him, he's loaded, got a bird too good looking for him, got away with shagging a minging granny, gets constant praise and wins tons of trophies. But he always looks like he's found a penny and lost a pound. At least you could see tranny was enjoying himself!

Some of these footballers need to lighten up.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:48 pm

to me he's probably the best all round player in the prem. pace, power, technique, guile, stamina, age...

him or gerrard (who's getting on).

wanker he is!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum