City, the press, Robinho and Messi

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City, the press, Robinho and Messi

Postby Wooders » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:38 am

The press cannot seem to let go that
A) Robinho is unsettled, doesn't like Hughes or Manchester and is determined to leave the club

B) We're gonna try and sign Messi for 200 million, or we're not gonna sign Messi for 200 million because barca put it in his contract or something to do with bloody Lionel Messi

On the first point, either Robinho is a fucking good actor in all those official videos on the OS or he's a genuinely happy bunny, add to that the interviews where the man himself has said how happy he is here and he is pleased that we've been good to our word about signings or that he wants to become the best he can be at manchester city etc etc

Secondly - we're not gonna be paying crazy money for Messi
The situation is completely different to the Kaka one for so many reasons, namely Kaka was desperate to leave AC, I don't reckon Messi feels the same about current European champs and arguably the greatest team in the world that is Barcelona
Whilst, in footballing terms, Messi is a real star, in "star" terms, he simply isn't, he doesn't possess that x-factor that Kaka does, if you were to ask any joe blow down the street here in Oz, they would be aware of who kaka is, but not Messi
We weren't signing (or were willing to pay a forturne for) Kaka purely because of his contribution on the pitch

These stories don't seem to be going away no matter how improbable they are..
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: City, the press, Robinho and Messi

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:33 pm

Been thinking the same on the Robinho front pal, the media for some reason don't like him and can't except the fact he plays for us, que "trouble maker, dosen't like Hughes, upsets the dressing room" etc etc. At the end of the day there is no proof of this and everytime a fellow City player has spoke to the media about him they can't speak enough of how much of a top lad he is.

As you say every time you watch them videos on the OS Robson looks the happiest player at the club and is always having a laugh with the boys. He is out every month doing interviews with the Sun etc saying how happy he is at City and how delighted he is with the signings we have made this summer yet the media continue to say isn't happy haha.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Robinho is the kind of glamour/ entertainer/luxury player who you only expect to see at one of the world's very top clubs so the fact that he's at City makes a lot of people jealous. Most people would've been surprised if he'd accepted a transfer to rags or Chelski so the fact that he came to City still pisses them off. He's a true world star.

Re Messi; if he played in the PL he'd soon be a bigger star than Kaka imo. Looking at his tireless efforts in an Argy side with no defence & no centre forward compared to Robbie & Elano casually giving the ball back to him at the half way line after their defence had toiled to get it off him in the 1st place just makes me think that anything they could do in the PL, he could do 10 times over.

I love watching Robbie, he's fantastic on his day but after seeing the two of them last night; he's not fit to lace Messi's boots. We'd win everything if Messi joined us.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Vhero » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:43 pm

Wooders wrote:The press cannot seem to let go that
A) Robinho is unsettled, doesn't like Hughes or Manchester and is determined to leave the club

B) We're gonna try and sign Messi for 200 million, or we're not gonna sign Messi for 200 million because barca put it in his contract or something to do with bloody Lionel Messi

On the first point, either Robinho is a fucking good actor in all those official videos on the OS or he's a genuinely happy bunny, add to that the interviews where the man himself has said how happy he is here and he is pleased that we've been good to our word about signings or that he wants to become the best he can be at manchester city etc etc

Secondly - we're not gonna be paying crazy money for Messi
The situation is completely different to the Kaka one for so many reasons, namely Kaka was desperate to leave AC, I don't reckon Messi feels the same about current European champs and arguably the greatest team in the world that is Barcelona
Whilst, in footballing terms, Messi is a real star, in "star" terms, he simply isn't, he doesn't possess that x-factor that Kaka does, if you were to ask any joe blow down the street here in Oz, they would be aware of who kaka is, but not Messi
We weren't signing (or were willing to pay a forturne for) Kaka purely because of his contribution on the pitch

These stories don't seem to be going away no matter how improbable they are..

Well his clause at the moment is only 100 million but they want to improve it to 200 million but we could get a bid in before of course. Obviously we wouldn't stand a chance right now and it would kill all relations we made so far with Barca which obviously the team will not do I mean we spent months building a good relationship with them I doubt we wanna fuck it up with a bid like that now. A swap for Robbie plus cash wouldn't be bad but I cannot see them doing so unless they desperately need the cash.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:05 pm

I written this article off as pure bullshit and a page filler during the Prem league break, and seeing that the two of them were playing head to head, it all fitted well for the time.

So in short, IT'S BULLSHIT!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby shawzy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:24 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... binho.html

Barcelona are ready to end Robinho's troubled Manchester City career as early as January, with coach Pep Guardiola closely monitoring the situation of the Brazilian

Guardiola considered signing Robinho before he joined City last summer, but the fact that he was then a Real Madrid player constrained his options.

But there will be no such problems in January and Robinho is understood to be desperate to make the move happen, wanting to link up with the European champions and play again in Spain.

Barca would be happy to bring Robinho into their squad mid-season, not least because he is still eligible for Champions League football.

But the sticking point will inevitably be the fee. The Catalan club would offer around £15million, but City's owner, Sheik Mansour, is unlikely to sanction such a deal after paying £32m for him. However, the clubs maintain a close relationship after City played in Barca's pre-season tournament last month and a deal will be discussed.

Over the coming months, City will find themselves in a similar position to the one they put Everton in over the Joleon Lescott affair: having to choose between keeping an unhappy player or allowing him the move he desires.

Pathetic journo shite
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Wooders » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:52 pm

the sun has gone with a story today with him dismissing a move to Barca in Jan and wanting to win the title with City, with actual quotes and stuff from the player. When you're being out-journoed by someone from the sun you know you are in trouble.

The Robinho situation reminds me a lot of a situation I found myself in when I was 16. I started seeing this bird and this geezer I knew started spouting off saying she was too good for me and I didn't deserve her and then took it upon himself to defame my character at every opportunity by making up lies and stories that he had seen me with other girls etc and making sure she heard about it and vice versa - it was only because he was a right maniac I didn't do anything about it (he ended up going to prison for glassing someone who "looked at him"), and this situation reminds me of that, the press are jealous coz we've got the fancy bird and sniping and trying to ruin it and have been since the word go
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:14 pm

The press have been trying to drive Robinho away since the day he signed, as they know with players like him in the team City are a threat to the proverbial big 4, and will be able to break the mould, whereas, if he was not at City, then the chances are a whole lot slimmer to zero in fact.

Robinho is under a contract and has said numerous times that he is happy at City, I would rather believe the player than some hack with a grudge against City because his favourite team are about to implode when we reach the summit, also Sylvinho, Elano before him and even Weiss have said how much he is enjoying it and also he himself is talking about the title, hardly something he would do if we were looking to get rid, or he was wanting off.

Messi Yes please, but not at Robinho's expense.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:12 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Robinho is the kind of glamour/ entertainer/luxury player who you only expect to see at one of the world's very top clubs so the fact that he's at City makes a lot of people jealous. Most people would've been surprised if he'd accepted a transfer to rags or Chelski so the fact that he came to City still pisses them off. He's a true world star.

Re Messi; if he played in the PL he'd soon be a bigger star than Kaka imo. Looking at his tireless efforts in an Argy side with no defence & no centre forward compared to Robbie & Elano casually giving the ball back to him at the half way line after their defence had toiled to get it off him in the 1st place just makes me think that anything they could do in the PL, he could do 10 times over.

I love watching Robbie, he's fantastic on his day but after seeing the two of them last night; he's not fit to lace Messi's boots. We'd win everything if Messi joined us.

All apart from the "not fit to lace Messi's boots" I agree with there Ted, granted Messi is the best player around by a long way, but Robinho is no dud, and certainly a great player as well...........if Robinho isn't fit to lace Messi's boots then neither is Kaka, Ronaldo or anybody else for that matter.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Return to The Maine Football forum