England 2010 prediction.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

England 2010 prediction.

Postby crossan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:46 pm

Quarter finalists at best............we haven't played anyone decent yet,crap defensively,run of the mill midfield and just about cutting the mustard upfront....but unproven in the goalkeeping dept.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Re: England 2010 prediction.

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:10 pm

My prediction:

We'll look great in the group stage. Hammer someone in the 2nd round, beat a big side to get into the semi's, then lose in the semi's via penalty shoot-out, dodgy goal or because one of our 'super-stars' gets himself sent off by being a mindless twat. Every major competition with England in is like groundhog day. Its the same tournament over and over again, because for whatever reason, English players dont have the right mentality to win a world cup or European Cup. They always lose on penalties. Its pathetic. I gave up giving shit about the national team after Rooney's stamping in 06. Just got bored of it.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby crossan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:15 pm

I'll wear the shirt but don't have much confidence in the team...............a bit like the cricket one really.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Blue2 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:13 pm

Were gonna win it, with a City player scoring the winner.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Fish111 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:24 pm

Agree with OP, quarters at best. We haven't got a decent keeper and Capello doesn't seem to be convinced with Defoe so we are not very effective upfront. To accomodate Barry, which is what he seems to want to do, then he has to put Gerrard out on the left so Lampard can play through the middle. It isn't working. For me, the whole team is unbalaned and Spain & Brazil have far far better teams than us. We'll be very lucky andshould class it as a good World up if we get to a semi-final.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby simon12 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:30 pm

Lose to spain in the final 3-2.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:36 pm

Spain won't get to the Final.

England will win the World Cup, If and only IF, we do not take the likes of Beckham and other spongers to South Africa.

Cappello has proven stellar so far and if he can shut the press up , we'll do ok.

I genuinely believe Cappello wants to win all games , simply to show the world we are not to be messed with.

I'd be glad to have him at City, he knows what he is doing.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:47 pm

I reckon England might win it.
Best chance in ages,ripe team,top manager,right mentality.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby simon12 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:47 pm

zuricity wrote:Spain won't get to the Final.

England will win the World Cup, If and only IF, we do not take the likes of Beckham and other spongers to South Africa.

Cappello has proven stellar so far and if he can shut the press up , we'll do ok.

I genuinely believe Cappello wants to win all games , simply to show the world we are not to be messed with.

I'd be glad to have him at City, he knows what he is doing.

I`d be glad to have defoe as a supersub at City but I don`t think I`d want Heskey
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:56 pm

Fair point about Defoe.

Why should Capello let Croatia know what he plans ?. Yesterdays game was a friendly to try a few things out.

Now Croatia have shot themselves in the foot with Corluka getting a red card. Modric out. They really are not firing on all
cylinders. England do need to dispose of Croatia , if only to get qualification out of the way and enable planing to start. Between now and the end of the year I expect Capello to lose interest in players like Beckham and start building a good squad for the next June.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:19 pm

Semis
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby globalbollox » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:26 pm

zuricity wrote:Fair point about Defoe.

Why should Capello let Croatia know what he plans ?. Yesterdays game was a friendly to try a few things out.

Now Croatia have shot themselves in the foot with Corluka getting a red card. Modric out. They really are not firing on all
cylinders. England do need to dispose of Croatia , if only to get qualification out of the way and enable planing to start. Between now and the end of the year I expect Capello to lose interest in players like Beckham and start building a good squad for the next June.

You won't get rid of beckham until he becomes Englands most capped player.Then it's onto the next step with the PR and media circus(and more money from adverts of course)
globalbollox
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Doubt that Capello will drop Beckham; probably not allowed to & also because Bentley's head's gone, Beckham is the ony reliable source of set piece delivery with the right foot. Before all the perfectionist fantasists jump on that comment & it's importance; Brazil win most of their games now with set pieces. Sad but true. With wankboy in the squad, we're better at it than Brazil so we'll take him as an option unless Bentley or similar force their way in.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:03 pm

Quater finals at best. Unproven against a good side. Not nearly good enough in the keeper or striker department. An injury to Rooney and you may struggle to get to the last 8.
ross.mcfc

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:18 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Quater finals at best. Unproven against a good side. Not nearly good enough in the keeper or striker department. An injury to Rooney and you may struggle to get to the last 8.

Agree. We're not a good side. The country will convince itself we can win it again, but even with our mental frailties aside, we're just nowhere near as good as sides like Spain, Brazil, France and Holland.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:40 pm

I am very optimistic we will get to the final. It's the last chance for Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Lampard, Ashley Cole to win anything with their country.

The one place that will let us down is GK, with James we have no chance and i'm not confident about the others.

People underestimate the England side, we went out of the 2002 world cup at the quarter final stage to a fluke goal from the winners, in euro 2004 we went out in the quarters when we had a perfect goal dissalowed in extra time and went out on penalties, in 2006 we went out in the quarter finals on penalties after spending alot of the time with 10 men. We haven't been knock out of a major tournament and deserved to since 2000 and we won't in 2010.

We've got the right manager, right players at the right age and the right climate, it's all geared up for us to do well and there will definatley be no repeats of 2006 off the pitch which failed us BIG Time.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:27 am

I doubt James will be number one by then i have a feeling Green is being groomed to take over he isnt good enough and i agree that Englands weak point in the team is keeper.For years Seaman was number one and untouchable he would save so many games for England.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:57 pm

after satdi night, i'll say we will get knocked out in 2nd round.

by the time the tourney starts and England havn't played for a while though, we'll be nailed on certs for the trophy and everyone else might as well go home.
The Man In Blue

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:15 pm

personally cant see us doing anything in africa, similar to what crossan said we just dont have it mentally. Also we are nowhere near Spain in terms of quality and I have a feeling one of the african teams are going to do very very well.

Quaters at best for me.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:22 pm

The campaign will start with mass hysteria and "England Expects" headlines in the tabloid toilet rags, with pics of Rooney in an Amy uniform and Terry draped in a Saint George flag.

2 shit performances later and they will all be slagged off as bums, garbage players and no-hopers and the mass call will go up to grandad Beckham, who cant run these days, to come and save us with a barrage of free-kicks over the bar or into the wall, and corners that beat everyone and end up as a throw in on the opposite side of the field.

We will scrape into the 2nd stage, beat a no mark team to qualify for the QF's where once again mass hysteria ensues along with numerous "Its just like the spirit of 66" bollox in the tabloids, with Geoff Hurst being interviewed everywhere and Capello suddenly hailed a genius. However in said quarter-final we will come up against a good team, usually a problem for England, upon which we will show our technical deficiencies, ie the keeper and right-back are bobbins, there's no balance on the left and the strikers are average at best. We will grit out a backs against the wall draw, and all decide that "on law of averages" we must win a penalty shoot-out .... we don't, and lose 3-0 with Rooney missing the third spot kick; the press of course lauds him for the determined way he ran up to the ball, and forcefulness and brilliance with which he spanked it into row Z over the bar because of course Rooney is "world class" - unfortunately the truth is that he's a decent player but a headless chicken with the self-control of a rabid baboon on heat.

After defeat, on pens again, against the first decent team we come up against (again) the team returns and once again the tabloids slag them all off, call them all crap and the country goes into debate and mourning on why we cant win the tournament in the game "we gave the world" and "do we need an english manager?" and the old chestnut of the "failures of our self-appointed golden generation" .... stop me if you've seen this before.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum