When we were REAL challengers for silverware

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

When we were REAL challengers for silverware

Postby Burt » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Was in the 70's when our trophy winning team was rebuilt.

Out went Franny, Buzzer, Rodney, The King was crocked by that devilworshipping scummer Buchan. Neil Young, Booth,Heslop,Mulhearn etc.

In came Big Joe, Big Dave Watson, Tueart, Royle, Kidd, Asa, Barnes, Power, Owen etc.

This actually seems a comparison on our recent changes, apart from we have not been challengers for many years.

The players mentioned above that came in were all proven quality and our newbies at the moment are likewise and I have a nice feeling about our chances in the next couple of years, to actually win and challenge for trophies.

OK, I'm old and senile, I know that but I definately have an old feeling stirring in these old loins that we're gunna do summat good.

Slate me if you wish but you can't take this feeling away:o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: When we were REAL challengers for silverware

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:23 pm

I'm confident that soon (by may 2011) we will be challenging again and this year we could upset the Sky 4 if all clicks quickly but my old man who went 60's and 70's (glory hunting paddy lol) reckons we'll be challenging for league this year, no scrub that winning the title ;o)

Is a great time to be a blue, optimism is the highest i can remember (not much to beat there though) and aslong as Platini doesn't get his way with blocking us from CL then imo in 5 or so years time we could well be the major player from these shores and we'll all be moaning about the invasion of plastics as thats all we will have too moan about.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby simon12 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:33 pm

Fancy us for a cup this year and maybe uefa(or whatever)next year.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:12 pm

I'm with you Burt. Don't know for sure yet exactly when it's coming but it's definitely coming.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:27 am

Spot on.
I have never seen us win a carrot, but when I started going we were considered genuine contenders. That is a feeling that not only do the rest of football forget, but sadly many of our fans have never had reason to really believe that it is a perfectly natural place for us to be.
Also in those times we could compete for the biggest signings, actually get some of the, and not be accused of ruining football.
It's coming again soon.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby crossan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:28 am

Yes hopefully we might bag a trophy this season but it will not be long before we win a biggy.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Return to The Maine Football forum