Fan gets lobbed on railway line.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fan gets lobbed on railway line.

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:57 am

Leeds played Stockport on Saturday and an incident happened that I can find no mention of in any media, local or national.
I know this happened because I was in Leeds station on Saturday evening. After the game a supporter was thrown off a bridge onto the Leeds-Doncaster electrified line. This is the main line to Kings Cross out of Leeds. It was declared a crime scene and the power turned off until around 1915. I heard the message come through on walkie talkies that the the line was handed back at that time. There were rumours that Filth fans had travelled over with Stockpotrt for a bit of argey bargey.
Don't know who the guy who was thrown supported, whether he was injured or dead (though I suspect the route would have been closed longer if he was killed) and if the throwees were apprehended. I half expected Sky to be going over it in detail when I got home, but nothing. Weird innit how some stuff doesn't see the light of day.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Re: Fan gets lobbed on railway line.

Postby john68 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:22 am

You're right Piccs.
Over the years I have seen a nimber of incidents that IO thought would make the headlines and yet...nowt at all reported!
The media still find the space to publish shedloads of stuff that they have simply made up though.
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:59 am

I was abducted by aliens. Not a word in the press.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby City1970 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:14 am

Living in Crewe (Unfortunatly), you see all knids of trouble at the station here.

There have been incidents with loads of fans who happen to be changing trains all the time. A couple of years ago, a large group of Wigan fans, bored at the station, took to the main (Nantwich) road in Crewe, and trashed a few pubs, beat up a couple of coppers, and treid it on with some bouncers (saw a fan get knocked out in the middle of Nantwich Road, by a bouncer, who just left him where he fell). It took a lot of coppers to shoe horn them back into the station, and they closed the station off, till the pie eaters had gone. There were rumours that some unlucky alex fan had been pushed onto the lines, narrowly missing a train.

Scum and Everton fans have had a pop at each other on the station, which was funny at the time (Come ead then), and we always seem to have problems with Stoke, Wrexham and Chester fans. Last time Millwall scum were here, they smashed an entire road of house windows, just opposite the Alex stadium.

But you never hear about it in the local press, never mind the national.
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby ja0005 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:58 am

I don't want to appear all cynical, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with the World Cup bid, especially after the last couple of weeks. The last thing the FA want is loads of reports of football related violence.
M.C.F.C - Ruining Football Since 2008
ja0005
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:35 am

Im sure Piccs would know better than me but a few years ago when I worked in Manchester my company used to have a few regulars from the railway club on Store st under Piccadilly and one of the train drivers we used to pick up told me about quite a few people he had jumping in front of his train to commit suicide.I dont ever remember hearing about it on Granada or Beeb so I thought these kind of things happened and didnt get reported.And 1 less Leeds fan is hardly a big tragedy
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:41 am

I do have a small amount of knowledge on that subject. Yes, people kill themselves in front of trains, about 400 a year on the entire network. One guy I work with has had three, and a I know a couple of who have been through it twice. But most drivers never have such an incident.
However, a suicide is different to a bloke being thrown off a bridge by rival supporters, through 25,000v cables and onto a railway line below. Some suicides get reported, most get a mention in the local rag for that area.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:25 am

Media only report about stuff they hear about. If there'd have been a journalist in the area delayed by the incident then it would have been national news, especially if there was half decent amateur footage.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:33 am

ronk wrote:Media only report about stuff they hear about. If there'd have been a journalist in the area delayed by the incident then it would have been national news, especially if there was half decent amateur footage.

Yeah, that's how it apparently works here as well. Coppers keep stuff to themselves unless journos find about it other ways. I actually hear about friend of a friend of a friend who worked for tabloid during her studies in university and her job was to go through hospitals and police stations during the weekend to find something to write about. Didn't sound too glamorous that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:46 am

When the main line to London gets closed for two hours after a match, you'd have thought a journo might have heard about it.
It's probably a good thing really. Like I said earlier, when I got in from work I half expected loads of hand wringing and gnashing of teeth by Sky 'experts'.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:35 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ronk wrote:Media only report about stuff they hear about. If there'd have been a journalist in the area delayed by the incident then it would have been national news, especially if there was half decent amateur footage.

Yeah, that's how it apparently works here as well. Coppers keep stuff to themselves unless journos find about it other ways. I actually hear about friend of a friend of a friend who worked for tabloid during her studies in university and her job was to go through hospitals and police stations during the weekend to find something to write about. Didn't sound too glamorous that.

It's all about building good relationship with your local coppers. When I worked as a journo I called the officer on guard duty a couple of times a day to see if anything had happened and to do some small talk. They only held really sensitive information back. We also had the police radio on all the time, so we always heard if there was something big going on.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby crossan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I was abducted by aliens. Not a word in the press.

That's funny so was I............it changed me as I was such a happy go lucky,likeable person before they wisked me off.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby 9secondlegend » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:17 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I do have a small amount of knowledge on that subject. Yes, people kill themselves in front of trains, about 400 a year on the entire network. One guy I work with has had three, and a I know a couple of who have been through it twice. But most drivers never have such an incident.
However, a suicide is different to a bloke being thrown off a bridge by rival supporters, through 25,000v cables and onto a railway line below. Some suicides get reported, most get a mention in the local rag for that area.

not had 1 in 19 years :0(
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:54 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I do have a small amount of knowledge on that subject. Yes, people kill themselves in front of trains, about 400 a year on the entire network. One guy I work with has had three, and a I know a couple of who have been through it twice. But most drivers never have such an incident.

I have no sympathy for those people.

Commit suicide with no regard for their family and friends AND to subject a complete stranger to have to live with the fact they killed them. Fucking awful thing it must be for your mates who have been through it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:40 am

Slim wrote:

Commit suicide with no regard for their family and friends AND to subject a complete stranger to have to live with the fact they killed them. Fucking awful thing it must be for your mates who have been through it.

I posted on this subject earlier in the year when it happened to me.
I feel no malice nor ill will to the bloke who stood in front of my train. You have to be in a seriously altered mental state to just stand there while two hundred tons of speeding metal hurtles towards you and not flinch. As it transpires, the guy had been sectioned for 18 days prior to this but his Mum had signed him out of hospital that day. I would guess that she is the one who feels worst about the whole issue.
I still get proper nervy driving in the dark mind.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:54 am

Slim wrote:

#

A girl I went to school with threw herself under a train when she was 19-20, selfish cow did it in front of a platform of kids on a school trip.
"Twas Derby day the scores were level,
Then Foe whacked the ball to Neville,
Gary messed up and now knows for sure,
If you feed the Goat then he will score!
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Monkey Butlers
My favourite player is: Cassanova

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:23 am

Just another example that England is fast turning into a place where too many scum hang about, and I am not meaning united fans, but it can only be a scumbag that would do that to somebody else, because they know they will get away with it, the country is too fucking soft and that is the main reason why a lot of English people (myself included) cannot wait to get out of that country, and the only people wanting in are asylum seekers or benefit spongers who cannot be arsed working but have the state pay for them.

It used to be a proud country, but all that died when Maggie left power, far too many fucking doo-gooders now who will maintain that nothing happens to the criminals of the country, only the innocent people, there are far too many cases to list here, or I would be here all day, and I have a game to catch later that I don't and won't want to miss......needless to say, for crimes where somebody kills another person (other than in war situations) they should bring back corporal punnishment.

If that happens then nobody will go around killing as freequently as they do, for fear of losing their own life, as it is, they kill, get a free Xbox, PS3, Plasma TV, Gym membership, meals, clothed, medical care and protection from the useless Police forces up and down the country, where is the deterrant there to stay away from crime.

The people of England know that the country is losing any self-respect they had, hence why the BNP are gathering momentum, you know things are bad when Facism is within reach........

In short, find the scum who did this, line them up before a firing squad and save the taxpayer a whole lot of money and grief.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:25 am

Not sure why suicide is being dragged into this debate, this wasn't a suicide attempt, the lad was thrown onto the line, I would think it would be difficult to throw yourself over a bridge and onto a line.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby ronk » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:05 am

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Not sure why suicide is being dragged into this debate, this wasn't a suicide attempt, the lad was thrown onto the line, I would think it would be difficult to throw yourself over a bridge and onto a line.

Suicide was mentioned because we were talking about the psychological effects on train drivers of running someone over with a train. Thankfully in this case it didn't happen.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum