Monday's Gossip B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Monday's Gossip B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:49 am

CITY BOLLOX
Robbie's title dream The Sun
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... R=Football

Accdemy neglect? http://www.insidefutbol.com/2009/09/06/ ... h-neglect/

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Manchester United will target Russia and CSKA Moscow goalkeeper Igor Akinfeev as they look to bring in a replacement for veteran Edwin van der Sar. The Sun

Portsmouth could sign former Wigan striker Henri Camara, who is currently without a club, in time to face Bolton on Saturday following talks with the Senegal international.
Daily Mirror

Former Brazil left-back Roberto Carlos is available on a free transfer from Turkish club Fenerbahce and would consider a move to Notts County. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle have put the loan move for Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood on hold as he recovers from a foot injury suffered during pre-season.
Daily Mirror

Australia defender Lucas Neill has agreed to join Atletico Madrid after turning down a new deal to stay at West Ham.
Daily Mail

West Brom are keen to bring striker Diomansy Kamara back to the Hawthorns by signing him on loan from Fulham.
Daily Mail

OTHER GOSSIP
Croatia coach Slaven Bilic has defended his striker Eduardo over the Arsenal forward's alleged dive against Celtic and says England captain John Terry's comments on the matter have an air of double standards. "I think we all agree that Eduardo was a dive," Terry said last week. "Do England players have an extra responsibility to stay on their feet? I think we all have a responsibility, not just the England players." The Sun

Bilic also claims England coach Fabio Capello has eroded the 'Englishness' which typifies the national side.
The Guardian

England striker Emile Heskey says he would not complain if England manager Fabio Capello gave rival forward Jermain Defoe the nod ahead of him for Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against Croatia.
Daily Star

Steven Gerrard captained England when they missed out on a place at Euro 2008 after a 3-2 defeat by Croatia in November 2007 and he says he is out to avenge that loss when the two countries meet again on Wednesday.
Daily Express

Newcastle's prospective new owner Barry Moat will have a second round of talks in 24 hours with the club's owner Mike Ashley about buying the Tyneside outfit. (Daily Telegraph)

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish has been told Carson Yeung's takeover of the club will not put his position under threat.
The Independent

Argentina legend and national team boss Diego Maradona is facing the wrath of his critics after the 3-1 home defeat by Brazil left his side precariously placed in their attempts to qualify for the 2010 World Cup.

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... lary-blasi
Last edited by Chinners on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Monday's Gossip B*ll*x

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:01 am

Cheers.

Good that Heskey won't complain if he loses his place to DeFoe, doubt if anyone else will complain either.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby AlpsMaster » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:42 am

More bitter BS about our young players!!!! FFS.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Crossie » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:06 am

Emile Heskey, thats the passion needed to play for your country isnt it?
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:09 am

WHAT A WAG.

Top fucking notch,i might have to sneak to the bogs later.

Heres a hi res for all us dirtbags.

http://img509.imageshack.us/i/ibs271qj9 ... ry%20Blasi
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Vhero » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Cheers.

Good that Heskey won't complain if he loses his place to DeFoe, doubt if anyone else will complain either.

Shrek would I mean he thinks hes the best striker in the world.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:10 pm

WAG= 10/10

The attack on the performance of the academy is a little unfair. Sturridge was not sold. Ned might not have played yet, neither has Petrov. It wasn't a question of risking Ned, we know he's not a risk. But it made sense to give Lescott his début immediately.

Joe Hart is the only player who can feel hard done by but it's not like Given is merely a slight improvement at the moment. He seemed to be a bit complacent about his place and still has a lot of developing to do. I don't know if I agree about his reaction being so understandable.

Clearly when you make a series of signings it's a challenge to get them playing as a team as quickly as possible. It's harder to blood youngsters as long term replacements in that environment. But that's only a very temporary solution.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby elduderino » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:42 pm

really surprised they haven't fired Maradona, they better if they lose to Paraguay, Colombia is getting better and knocking at the door for that assured 4th spot
elduderino
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

Postby craigmcfc » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:51 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:WHAT A WAG.

Top fucking notch,i might have to sneak to the bogs later.

Heres a hi res for all us dirtbags.

http://img509.imageshack.us/i/ibs271qj9 ... ry%20Blasi

Superb WAG, best for quite some time. The underwear, or almost lack of it, in the first pic is tremendous
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Return to The Maine Football forum