robinho could be out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

robinho could be out

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:50 pm

Robinho a doubt for Arsenal clash
September 07, 2009

ROBINHO is a fitness doubt for the clash with Arsenal after he picked up a thigh injury in Brazil's win over Argentina at the weekend.

He will miss Brazil's game against Chile in midweek and is now facing a race to recover in time to face the Gunners on Saturday.

Brazil’s press officer Rodrigo Paiva told the Daily Mail: "Robinho is out of the game but will stay with us."

Robinho scored with a cheeky chip when City hammered the Gunners 3-0 in last season's corresponding fixture.

ffs bring him home now, why wait till game is over, he wont get back before friday and not a lot of time to see if hes ok, BRING HIM HOME NOW
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: robinho could be out

Postby Twobob » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:54 pm

I agree - whats the point him being stuck over there! I have a feeling though thats its up to the Brazilian FA and we can only beg them
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby gilford » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Ridiculous! This is a VERY important game for us, one which I feel we need to win, and to be missing one of our key players is terrible! We pay his extortionate wage for christ sake!
gilford
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero

Postby Abu Dhabi » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:23 pm

I think its all part of the deal..

"look Dunga, Ill ask MH to drop me from Pompey's game to be up and ready for Argentina's game. Now It will be kind if you drop me from the 2nd game to be ready for Arsenal. Ok? Thank you very much boss"
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby lythamblue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Abu Dhabi wrote:I think its all part of the deal..

"look Dunga, Ill ask MH to drop me from Pompey's game to be up and ready for Argentina's game. Now It will be kind if you drop me from the 2nd game to be ready for Arsenal. Ok? Thank you very much boss"

You beat me to it mate!

Yep .... that will be tomorrows media headlines .....

'Robinho ask Dunga to rest him for irrelevant Brazil international because Man City v Arsenal is more important" !

From which, the whole of Brazil will be on his back claiming he thinks he is now a rich international superstar who couldn't care less about his country any more.

Poor lad ..... he can't win either way.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Robinho - Most Highly paid Premeriship Player

Postby blueday » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:37 pm

Guys

Someone tld me Robson is the most highly paid player in the Prem? Can this be true - I mean is he earning more than Torres, Gerard, Terry, Adebayor, Fabregas. If he is in the top 10, should we not be getting a better product than we have done so for the last 20 games or so.

Anyways, for the Aresnal game I would prefer a fully fit Petrov or Bellamy than a 90% fit Robson - what aboutyou guys?

Blueday
blueday
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Re: Robinho - Most Highly paid Premeriship Player

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:12 pm

blueday wrote:Guys

Someone tld me Robson is the most highly paid player in the Prem? Can this be true - I mean is he earning more than Torres, Gerard, Terry, Adebayor, Fabregas. If he is in the top 10, should we not be getting a better product than we have done so for the last 20 games or so.

Anyways, for the Aresnal game I would prefer a fully fit Petrov or Bellamy than a 90% fit Robson - what aboutyou guys?

Blueday

I believe I saw an article a while back showing him somewhere in the 30's for most highly paid, but it may have been worldwide.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:47 pm

meh, give the lad a couple of days in Brazil so he doesn't get homesick. Better than having him playing for them anyway.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Return to The Maine Football forum