Crewe Report Premier League Club

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Crewe Report Premier League Club

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:11 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 241607.stm

I haven't seen this posted. Afetr events of recent days I sincerely hope its not us. I Think I'm right in saying academy players have to live within a certain time limit (an hour or 90 Minutes) of their academy. So that would seem to Indicate all of the clubs in the Northwest, Stoke and some Midlands clubs too?

Has anyone heard anything?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Crewe Report Premier League Club

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Stoke bought two of their youngsters in the summer, so possibly them
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:19 pm

edgeley blue wrote:Stoke bought two of their youngsters in the summer, so possibly them

Just been looking at a Crewe site, and allegedly they have already said it wasn't Stoke

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby edgeley blue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:29 pm

if all the big/rich clubs get transfer embargoes placed on them it will mess up the smaller clubs as they will have no transfer kitty. The smaller clubs like scouse 2 need the big boys to buy their players as they are all skint.
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beeks » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Found this statement on a Crewe fan site from a supposed ITK

'Its one of the top four (only just) who have a manager who permanently winges about not having enough money for transfers after spending £250 Million on 86 players in his tenure.'
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:46 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Found this statement on a Crewe fan site from a supposed ITK

'Its one of the top four (only just) who have a manager who permanently winges about not having enough money for transfers after spending £250 Million on 86 players in his tenure.'

That's the one I've been looking at Bish...interesting. Didn't they replace their academy director recently?

Manx Blue

Postby Beeks » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Found this statement on a Crewe fan site from a supposed ITK

That's the one I've been looking at Bish...interesting. Didn't they replace their academy director recently?

They are saying it's Liverpool on there now
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:12 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:

They are saying it's Liverpool on there now

Just seen that...Early days, but if true, the landscape of the premier league could change drastically if Manchester United and Liverpool join Chelsea with substantial penalties

Manx Blue

Postby City1970 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:01 am

I would be very suprised if it was Liverpool, as they, did until recently, have a hook up with them, that allowed Liverpool to take the best youngsters on trial and training, although it has been a while since it happened.

My guess would of been Stoke, as a friend of mine who supports Crewe, said one of them, was as good as Platt or Murphy when they were his age. And I also know that Crewe were proper pissed off with Stoke taking two of their best youngsters off their hands. A friend of my dad's who works for Crewe, said there were all kinds of trouble between Crewe and stoke about these two lads.

But apparently the former Crewe Manager, Steve Holland (who looked after the kids until a couple of years ago), is now the Chelsea Youth development Officer, so I know where my money is on.
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess

Return to The Maine Football forum