now it's us

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

now it's us

Postby johnny99 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:13 am

manchester city have been reported to fifa for alleged illegal signing of rennes defender jeremy helan
sky sports news
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city

Re: now it's us

Postby City1970 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:44 am

The flood gates have really opened now. I wonder who will be next to be banned.
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby Scatman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:23 am

I wonder why we made 5 years worth of signings in two transfer windows
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Craig B » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:41 am

More to the point.. who the bollocks is Jeremy Helan?
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby xavi6 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:45 am

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5543626,00.html

Rennes have confirmed they have reported Manchester City to Fifa over the alleged poaching of French youngster Jeremy Helan.

City boss Mark Hughes snapped up the teenage defender earlier this year after he reportedly opted against seeing out his first professional contract with Rennes.

The Clairefontaine academy player had been wanted by Manchester United in 2008, but the Ligue 1 outfit dug in their heels over his departure.

With The Red Devils out of the picture City moved in, much to the anger of Rennes who insist that his pre-contract agreement tied both him and the club to a contract if he represented France at youth level.

Transfer ban

If found guilty of inducing a youngster to break a contract City could well find themselves in hot water with football's governing body after Chelsea were recently banned from signing new players until January 2011 over their pursuit of Gael Kakuta
Although Rennes' technical director Pierre Dreossi does not expect a decision to be made anytime soon, he fully expects big-spending City to face ramifications over their actions.

City are understood to be adamant in their belief that they have not induced a breach of contract in a case which is further complicated by the fact that Helan and Rennes are at odds, legally, over what he initially signed up to.

Consequences
"Manchester City must now realise the consequences of their attitude in the Helan case as it is even more illegal than Kakuta," Dreossi told The Independent.

"We have referred this to Fifa. For us it was strange to have no discussion from City and now, in the week after the Fifa declaration on Chelsea, I would hope that it will be the same thing for Manchester City.

"Kakuta signed up for just a possibility of a full contract. For Helan there was definitely one there, under the terms of the pre-contract agreement, because he had played for his country.

"Manchester United said it was not possible to negotiate with us but for City now this is dangerous, though we are not expecting a decision from Fifa for perhaps several years."

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Patrick » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:46 am

http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=3060

"decision not expected for several years"
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby mr_nool » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:52 am

Funny how every french kid who puts on a pair of football boots gets labeled a "prodigy" these days...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Michael Brookes » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:14 am

He is mint on Champ..
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Beeks » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:16 am

I'm sorry but it's really hard not to be a conspiracy theorist looking at this...the top clubs in the UK being targeted...a hefty transfer window ban to a Champions league contender with the promise of more big english teams following suit when clubs in this country are the dominant force...meanwhile Real Madrid and the European elite seemingly being overlooked?

Platini must be rubbing his hands in glee
Last edited by Beeks on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby irblinx » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:20 am

Hardly surprising this, every Prem team will end up accused and of course twatini will be loving it

Every case on its own merits of course but I can see the clubs going to the European courts over this and the whole football transfer system getting ripped to pieces along with Twatini's proposed foreign player quotas. Fifa are basically presiding over a rulebook which breaks most of the labour laws as it is, for them to continue their crusade against the Prem League by dragging this up may well bring the entire house of cards tumbling down around them.
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby mr_nool » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:45 am

irblinx wrote:Hardly surprising this, every Prem team will end up accused and of course twatini will be loving it

Every case on its own merits of course but I can see the clubs going to the European courts over this and the whole football transfer system getting ripped to pieces along with Twatini's proposed foreign player quotas. Fifa are basically presiding over a rulebook which breaks most of the labour laws as it is, for them to continue their crusade against the Prem League by dragging this up may well bring the entire house of cards tumbling down around them.

Agree. I think it's quite morally grey to have 12-13 year old kids sign long term contracts as well, like the French clubs have been doing. And don't you think they tapped the players from their village clubs when doing so?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:51 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I'm sorry but it's really hard not to be a conspiracy theorist looking at this...the top clubs in the UK being targeted...a hefty transfer window ban to a Champions league contender with the promise of more big english teams following suit when clubs in this country are the dominant force...meanwhile Real Madrid and the European elite seemingly being overlooked?

Where abouts in the UK are Roma?

If we are found guilty then we should face the concequences. Its a highly immoral practise and if it takes a few clubs getting a transfer ban including us I will back Fifa all the way.
ross.mcfc

Postby Beeks » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:03 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I'm sorry but it's really hard not to be a conspiracy theorist looking at this...the top clubs in the UK being targeted...a hefty transfer window ban to a Champions league contender with the promise of more big english teams following suit when clubs in this country are the dominant force...meanwhile Real Madrid and the European elite seemingly being overlooked?

If we are found guilty then we should face the concequences. Its a highly immoral practise and if it takes a few clubs getting a transfer ban including us I will back Fifa all the way.

Ahhh because Roma are a real dominant European force arn't they...get off your fucking soapbox...you'll be bringing back pigskin balls next...

This is the fucking 21 century and money rules the world...So you think dragging youngsters out of poverty is a bad thing? Maybe from the point of view of the club that has nurtured his talent...but that club will survive...it will churn out more youngsters...some will succeed...most will fail...so what if I bigger club comes in waving its cheque book...once in a lifetime opportunities come round exactly like it says on the tin...once...and who can blame the kids...or the parents for that matter...having their heads turned by mind boggling amounts of money...anyone would do the same...smaller clubs will ALWAYS be feeders to the bigger clubs...cold hard facts...the food chain...simple as that
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:03 am

We've ruined football and we deserve to pay. Platini and Papa Smurf are right - we've been bad.

Do you think if we all cheer on PSG or Bordeaux or whoever this season and just let them win the chumps league, he'd lose the massive chip on his shoulder? Just imagine how annoyed he's going to be when France don't qualify for the World Cup and we do. I blame Wellington for upsetting the cheese eating surrender monkey.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:10 am

I will feel very ashamed if our club is found guilty. I just can't understand why would we break the rules (or any club needs to break the rules)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Michael Brookes » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:10 am

Don't suppose we get a warning or something before a ban?
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:12 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:

Ahhh because Roma are a real dominant European force arn't they...get off your fucking soapbox...you'll be bringing back pigskin balls next...

This is the fucking 21 century and money rules the world...So you think dragging youngsters out of poverty is a bad thing? Maybe from the point of view of the club that has nurtured his talent...but that club will survive...it will churn out more youngsters...some will succeed...most will fail...so what if I bigger club comes in waving its cheque book...once in a lifetime opportunities come round exactly like it says on the tin...once...and who can blame the kids...or the parents for that matter...having their heads turned by mind boggling amounts of money...anyone would do the same...smaller clubs will ALWAYS be feeders to the bigger clubs...cold hard facts...the food chain...simple as that

Certainly a more dominant force than we have been in the last 30 years. Certainly a bigger name and history than City and Chelsea. A Swiss side have also already been done for this so Fifa are treating everyone the same. If your guilty of the crime you should be punished regardless of your country of origin.

Taking children out of poverty? Who are you? Bono. You know the exact family details and background of this kid in question do you? Last time I checked France wasnt a 3rd world nation.

I dont disagree about the food chain but it only works if the bottom of the food chain is duly rewarded. Stealing them for nothing will f**k the whole thing up. If we were still struggling at the bottom end of the premiership without a penny to rub together and found out Chelsea had done the same with our kids we would be going mad.
ross.mcfc

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:17 am

If we are found guilty of this, it will take a while to be decided. We wont get caught out like Chelsea and will have prior warning to spend big in the windows before the banning.
ross.mcfc

Postby Blue Toy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:18 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine FIFA make money out of every transfer that goes through? If this is the case would they really want to put a ban on all major spending clubs?

Plus, wasn't Chelsea's ban on the back of the Ashley Cole history too? Wasn't there some kind of suspended sentence hanging over Chelsea?
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:20 am

Blue Toy wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine FIFA make money out of every transfer that goes through? If this is the case would they really want to put a ban on all major spending clubs?

If they do I imagine its a tiny tiny percentage. You want the people who run football to favour and bend the rules for the clubs with money? I certainly dont.
ross.mcfc

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum