now it's us

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: now it's us

Postby Michael Brookes » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:24 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine FIFA make money out of every transfer that goes through? If this is the case would they really want to put a ban on all major spending clubs?

If they do I imagine its a tiny tiny percentage. You want the people who run football to favour and bend the rules for the clubs with money? I certainly dont.

I agree, i guess its just the fact that other clubs have been doing it for years without punishment, and just now that we have come into money and start to do the same the curtain seems to fall!

Its weird, even tho we (allegedly) broke the rules, I cant help feeling 'hard done by/treated unfailry'!!! How money changes perceptions!
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:30 am

To be honest I don't believe for a second that City behaved incorrectly in any shape or form here.

All there is right now is accusations from some french guy in a newspaper article.

Why would we have to break any rules to sign a young player? We simply don't have to, for that reason alone I doubt that these accusations are actually true.

What I do believe however is the following. Chelsea were found guilty for poaching a youngster and got banned, now suddenly all these tiny french clubs come out of the woodwork, possibly because they got huge Euro/Dollar/Pound signs in their eyes now and are trying to get a piece of the cake.

I am not worried at all. And I hope City respond like United and take them to court.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Blue2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:41 am

avoidconfusion wrote:To be honest I don't believe for a second that City behaved incorrectly in any shape or form here.

All there is right now is accusations from some french guy in a newspaper article.

Why would we have to break any rules to sign a young player? We simply don't have to, for that reason alone I doubt that these accusations are actually true.

What I do believe however is the following. Chelsea were found guilty for poaching a youngster and got banned, now suddenly all these tiny french clubs come out of the woodwork, possibly because they got huge Euro/Dollar/Pound signs in their eyes now and are trying to get a piece of the cake.

I am not worried at all. And I hope City respond like U***d and take them to court.

Flawed logic mate, why would Chelsea?
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:42 am

Blue2 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:To be honest I don't believe for a second that City behaved incorrectly in any shape or form here.

I am not worried at all. And I hope City respond like U***d and take them to court.

Flawed logic mate, why would Chelsea?

Extremely flawed. Talk about blue tinted glasses. These are just allegations at the moment no one other than the club knows if we are guilty or not.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:54 am

I'd be very surprised if we're done on this one. We've waited, as far as I can see, for all the overseas young players we've signed to reach 16 before we've signed them. That's not a coincedence; that's because we obviously think that we're legally able to sign them at that age & are being careful not to break any laws. To then blatantly break one wouldn't make sense so we will have looked at the situation & presumably we believe we haven't broken any laws & are on safe ground.

That would mean a serious legal case to challenge the legality of the original contract before even answering any UEFA charges should they bring any, especially as there seems to be some doubt as to what he actually signed. Long long process, involving laws of different countries if UEFA do charge us I recon. Could take many years going by previous performance.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue Toy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:59 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would imagine FIFA make money out of every transfer that goes through? If this is the case would they really want to put a ban on all major spending clubs?

If they do I imagine its a tiny tiny percentage. You want the people who run football to favour and bend the rules for the clubs with money? I certainly dont.

I wasn't suggesting we get preferential treatment..... I was saying that I don't think FIFA will want to bite too many hands that feed them.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:06 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
Blue2 wrote:Flawed logic mate, why would Chelsea?

Extremely flawed. Talk about blue tinted glasses. These are just allegations at the moment no one other than the club knows if we are guilty or not.

Blue tinted glasses?

Maybe ... but:

Chelsea have a history of behaving incorrectly in the Transfer market. Ashley Cole, Mikel (I think? Or was it Essien?) ... to some extent Sturridge...

I firmly believe that City have behaved in an impeccable manner ever since ADUG took over, I very much doubt City would risk the plans of the owners by signing some 17 year old "prodigy" in a way that could result in punishments such as a ban.
avoidconfusion

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:12 am

If we've done it, we've gotta accept the consequences.
I just hope the club have some kind of contingency in case Chelseagate MKII does happen.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:22 am

I still don't believe that the ban against Chelsea will actually stick.
avoidconfusion

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:24 am

avoidconfusion wrote:I still don't believe that the ban against Chelsea will actually stick.

Me Neither, how can you restrict trade in such a way?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:26 am

Until we know all the details, not just one clubs hype to get a pay-out, it is hard to judge. I personally think that a lot of clubs are jumping on the bandwagon and we are the creme-de-la-creme of clubs to attack. They will be looking for some sort of settlement I reckon, and a big one at that.

The Prem clubs are always going to come under the spot-light due to it's standing with regard to global success and monetary value. Chelsea and Scum are already there and now we here things about us; I just wonder when Arsene will become a target?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:32 am

I may have missed it, nothing on SRFC Website, nothing on FIFA.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:33 am

Don't get me wrong, if we really did something wrong, then by all means we should face the consequences... but right now this just looks like Le Havres is hoping we will give them a ring and throw money at them so they drop the charges (which I hope we do if there really is anything to them).
avoidconfusion

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:45 am

From BBC:
Man City dismiss 'poaching' claim

Manchester City have denied claims from French club Rennes that they unlawfully signed one of their players.

Defender Jeremy Helan, 17, signed for City in February and Rennes have reported the matter to world football's governing body Fifa.

Rennes believe Helan was bound to them through a pre-contract agreement but City insist that they did everything above board in signing the player.

Chelsea were recently found guilty of inducing a Lens player to join them.

The London club have been banned from signing any players until January 2011.

Fifa's dispute resolution chamber ruled that Chelsea had been guilty of inducing Gael Kakuta to break his contract with Lens in 2007.

And Fifa has confirmed to the BBC that there is a case pending involving Helan, City and Rennes with their player status department, which deals with the registration of footballers.

Rennes technical director Pierre Dreossi told The Independent newspaper: "For us it was strange to have no discussion from City.

"And now, in the week after the declaration on Chelsea, I would hope that it will be the same thing for Manchester City."

Rennes claim Helan signed a pre-contract agreement with them as a 13-year-old that tied the player and club to a deal if the player represented France at junior level. The defender, dubbed the new Patrice Evra, went on to captain the France Under-16 team.

City told BBC Radio Manchester that no inducements were offered to Helan to break a contract with Rennes and that the transfer was totally legal.

As it stands, European law prevents players from signing formal contracts tying them to clubs before their 16th birthday meaning that the club is in danger of losing them to another team when they reach that age.

This is further complicated by the fact that different nations are governed by different rules and sporting jurisdiction is sometimes at odds with employment law.

Helan had initially been the subject of interest from Manchester United but eventually joined City - with The Independent reporting that the French Football Federation provided an International Transfer Certificate.

Droessi said this had been provided in error and added: "Manchester City must now realise the consequences of their attitude in the Helan case as it is even more illegal than Kakuta."

In addition to the cases involving Kakuta and Lens, and Helan and Rennes, another French club has made claims against a Premier League side.

Le Havre have alleged that Manchester United offered financial inducements to the family of 16-year Paul Pogba to lure the teenager to Old Trafford.

United say they will take legal action against Le Havre unless they stop making the allegations.

If they gave a certificate, it was authorised correctly; right?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:52 am

"..........eventually joined City - with The Independent reporting that the French Football Federation provided an International Transfer Certificate.

Droessi said this had been provided in error..........."

Careless mistake that, transferring somebody by accident! Stupid twat. French clubs just want to jump on the wagon and i suggest City do exactly the same as Scum and threaten to sue them right now.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby ant london » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:12 am

Key part in why (it looks to me like) we have no case to answer is set out below

The player was already pursuing a civil claim against Rennes to be released from his contract before we came on the scene according to this

Fifa have confirmed that they are investigating the French club's complaint into City's actions in luring the defender to Manchester in 2008.

A Fifa statement said: "We can confirm that there is a case pending with Fifa's Player Status Department involving Jeremy Helan, Stade Rennais FC and Manchester City."

With Chelsea last week served with a transfer ban until Jan 2011 due to their signing of another French teenager, Gael Kakuta, from Lens, City could now face a similar penalty should Fifa deem that they have broken transfer regulations.

But the Abu Dhabi-owned club, who have spent in excess of £200m in the transfer market since Sheikh Mansour's takeover 12 months ago, are confident that a pre-existing civil action on behalf of Helan against Rennes rules out any suggestion of wrongdoing on their part.

Having signed a contract with Rennes as a 13-year-old, it is understood that Helan's action centres on the restrictive nature of his agreement with the club.

The civil action pre-dates City's move for the youngster, a product of France's world-renowned Clairefontaine academy, and with the player already in dispute with his club over his contract, City are confident that they cannot be accused of inducing Helan to break his agreement with Rennes.

City signed the player, who has performed for the club's U17 team this season, after Manchester United dropped out of the running to secure his services.

(oh and that's from the Telegraph btw)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:17 am

Craig Bardsley wrote:More to the point.. who the bollocks is Jeremy Helan?

Doesn't even have a wikipedia page or youtube vids.

HUGHES OUT!

;)
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Fish111 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:34 am

Man City release statemen saying ''we have acted within the rules when we signed Helan''

Time will tell i suppose.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:39 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I'm sorry but it's really hard not to be a conspiracy theorist looking at this...the top clubs in the UK being targeted...a hefty transfer window ban to a Champions league contender with the promise of more big english teams following suit when clubs in this country are the dominant force...meanwhile Real Madrid and the European elite seemingly being overlooked?

Platini must be rubbing his hands in glee

Not to mention Aresenal who have been poaching the worlds best youngsters for years now!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:44 am

CLub statement on OS says

Manchester City is aware of the ongoing contractual dispute in the French Labour Courts between Jeremy Helan and Stade Rennais. The dispute between the player and the Club pre-dates any interest from Manchester City.

Manchester City obviously cannot comment on the case until the French Judicial Process has run its course, however we are comfortable that we have acted within the rules throughout the process and in no way induced any breach of contract by Jeremy Helan.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum