Pack your bags and do one!!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pack your bags and do one!!!!!

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:07 am

BlueSwede wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Tits

[youtube]HVEuVUdLGQQ[/youtube]

He really linked up well with Elano a few times in that vid.. I hope we can se the connection between him and Ireland grow to something similar… not quite there yet

On topic. Talking about him leaving without the team loosing quality is just pure nonsense

Mate mate mate!!!! The connection between Robinho and Ireland was the highlight of last season!! Look at how many goals and assists were connected to each other's play... forget fucking Elano!

On topic - Robinho is the best luxury player in the world. He may well play week in week out in a team like Barca's, where they have been clicking for years, but while this team is trying to find its 'click' I can well understand how Robinho drifting in and out of games and being completely lost on occasion could have a detrimental effect on results...

Like I said above, his link up play with Ireland (almost always at home) was a joy to watch, but Ireland has a different role this season and Robbie could well do too.

We have to win while accomodating all these players and that's what we're doing so far.

All that said, I'd hate to see him leave because he was the first big one in and I love it when he really turns it on.

The jury's out overall for me.

I would swap for a player like Ribery.
Original Dub

Postby ronk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:00 pm

Original Dub wrote:On topic - Robinho is the best luxury player in the world. He may well play week in week out in a team like Barca's, where they have been clicking for years, but while this team is trying to find its 'click' I can well understand how Robinho drifting in and out of games and being completely lost on occasion could have a detrimental effect on results...

That's the nub of the topic. If we want to go down the road of having a team like Barcelona then Robinho is a necessity, not a luxury. He wasn't at his best last season when he was playing in a weaker team. It's too early to tell if that's been consigned to history with the changes in the squad. Last season we were inconsistent (as always), what was different was that when we clicked we destroyed teams. Do we keep down that path of playing exiting football or do we reign in the samba and gain shorter term success?

Personally, I know that we will falter a few times along the way. It's an inevitable price for casting our ambitions higher. I'm willing to see a few bad results in the short term to achieve our goals. A lot of fans aren't.

We've won 3 matches in the prem, progressed in the Cup and beat Barcelona in a packed Nou Camp when they were trying. We get as many points for beating Portsmouth as we do for beating Arsenal or the scum. In previous seasons we've seen the team play well in the big games, sometimes a win, sometimes a draw, sometimes we've come away with an unlucky loss and taken heart from the team. But what good is that when we don't show up to the next game. Mentally I want us to have our heads screwed in when Fulham come to town regardless of the result against the scum. It's hard but I want to force myself to view all the matches as equally important. If we are to achieve the success (and transformation) we crave, then we must. I want to see Robinho score more than 10 away goals more than I want us to beat the scum. It's better for the club.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ant london » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:04 pm

ronk wrote:We get as many points for beating Portsmouth as we do for beating Arsenal or the scum. In previous seasons we've seen the team play well in the big games, sometimes a win, sometimes a draw, sometimes we've come away with an unlucky loss and taken heart from the team. But what good is that when we don't show up to the next game. Mentally I want us to have our heads screwed in when Fulham come to town regardless of the result against the scum. It's hard but I want to force myself to view all the matches as equally important. If we are to achieve the success (and transformation) we crave, then we must. I want to see Robinho score more than 10 away goals more than I want us to beat the scum. It's better for the club.

some very good points made in this thread

but the ones highlighted above highlight the "shift in mentality" that has been needed amongst the playing staff and also for us as supporters
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:19 pm

I think by Robson telling us that we can win the PL this year he is changing the mentallity in the club and the prestige we get from saying we have a world class talent like Robbie is priceless.
The entertainment he provides is a side issue.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:43 pm

ant london wrote:
ronk wrote:We get as many points for beating Portsmouth as we do for beating Arsenal or the scum. In previous seasons we've seen the team play well in the big games, sometimes a win, sometimes a draw, sometimes we've come away with an unlucky loss and taken heart from the team. But what good is that when we don't show up to the next game. Mentally I want us to have our heads screwed in when Fulham come to town regardless of the result against the scum. It's hard but I want to force myself to view all the matches as equally important. If we are to achieve the success (and transformation) we crave, then we must. I want to see Robinho score more than 10 away goals more than I want us to beat the scum. It's better for the club.

some very good points made in this thread

but the ones highlighted above highlight the "shift in mentality" that has been needed amongst the playing staff and also for us as supporters

Agree with all this but I don't think our success depends on Robinho. I love watching the bloke personally so I hope we stick with him but from a football point of view I think we'd be just as entertaining & a better side with, for example, Ribery in the team so if he goes I think we'll only miss him from an artistic point of view. I think we can build a title winning side with Robbie in it though so I hope he wants to stay & do that.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ronk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:15 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Agree with all this but I don't think our success depends on Robinho. I love watching the bloke personally so I hope we stick with him but from a football point of view I think we'd be just as entertaining & a better side with, for example, Ribery in the team so if he goes I think we'll only miss him from an artistic point of view. I think we can build a title winning side with Robbie in it though so I hope he wants to stay & do that.

I don't think our success depends on Robinho either, but what type of club we want to be does depend on him. If we want to play the kind of football that Barcelona play then we have to have a guy like Robinho. He's pure skill and his value is in how he interacts with the attacking play rather than just being someone can give the ball to and say "go". In Weiss we have someone like that coming through. Ribery is some player but he's a different type of player. More reliable and possibly more effective playing a simpler game.

At essence, I'm talking about Chelsea and the choices they made that we have get to make. Mourinho was bought to instil ruthlessness, he had Chelsea solid. Initially their principal attacking platform was the trickery of Duff, Joe Cole and Robben (SWP coming later). They were exciting running with the ball especially. Over time Chelsea got rid of their width and compressed the game. They use guys like Ballack, Mikel and Essien to overrun the opposition in centre midfield. It's effective and they play some exciting football, but it's not the same as getting to watch a magician like Robinho.

It's almost impossible to buy that sort of art. We're lucky enough to have a team worthy of building around Robinho. We have an opportunity to turn the club into more than just a club with a few trophies, we can be a club that players will say the same as Robinho did about Barcelona. It's a longer and harder road, but I think it's achievable.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:26 pm

ronk wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Agree with all this but I don't think our success depends on Robinho. I love watching the bloke personally so I hope we stick with him but from a football point of view I think we'd be just as entertaining & a better side with, for example, Ribery in the team so if he goes I think we'll only miss him from an artistic point of view. I think we can build a title winning side with Robbie in it though so I hope he wants to stay & do that.

I don't think our success depends on Robinho either, but what type of club we want to be does depend on him. If we want to play the kind of football that Barcelona play then we have to have a guy like Robinho. He's pure skill and his value is in how he interacts with the attacking play rather than just being someone can give the ball to and say "go". In Weiss we have someone like that coming through. Ribery is some player but he's a different type of player. More reliable and possibly more effective playing a simpler game.

At essence, I'm talking about Chelsea and the choices they made that we have get to make. Mourinho was bought to instil ruthlessness, he had Chelsea solid. Initially their principal attacking platform was the trickery of Duff, Joe Cole and Robben (SWP coming later). They were exciting running with the ball especially. Over time Chelsea got rid of their width and compressed the game. They use guys like Ballack, Mikel and Essien to overrun the opposition in centre midfield. It's effective and they play some exciting football, but it's not the same as getting to watch a magician like Robinho.

It's almost impossible to buy that sort of art. We're lucky enough to have a team worthy of building around Robinho. We have an opportunity to turn the club into more than just a club with a few trophies, we can be a club that players will say the same as Robinho did about Barcelona. It's a longer and harder road, but I think it's achievable.

You make some valid points there alright and I have to say I don't want us merely to do it the 'chelsea way'. That's why I didn't want Mourinho near this place, because although he would build a 'machine' that would win the league sooner rather than later, there would never be a chance of dominating english and european football on a long term basis whilst playing beautiful football.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:08 pm

Can't believe fans would turn on one of our biggest signings of all time so quick. He has publicly come out and said he's going nowhere several times and wants to win the title with City but thats obviously not good enough for you lot is it? Sky is obviously telling the truth and Robson lies yeah? Muppets!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Vhero wrote:Can't believe fans would turn on one of our biggest signings of all time so quick. He has publicly come out and said he's going nowhere several times and wants to win the title with City but thats obviously not good enough for you lot is it? Sky is obviously telling the truth and Robson lies yeah? Muppets!

Meant to say to you, that picture you have of Robinho is the worst one I've ever seen.

He looks like he's not only a window licker, but a window licker that's actually in the middle of licking a window.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:Can't believe fans would turn on one of our biggest signings of all time so quick. He has publicly come out and said he's going nowhere several times and wants to win the title with City but thats obviously not good enough for you lot is it? Sky is obviously telling the truth and Robson lies yeah? Muppets!

Meant to say to you, that picture you have of Robinho is the worst one I've ever seen.

He looks like he's not only a window licker, but a window licker that's actually in the middle of licking a window.

haha quality! I am probably gonna make a new sig soon anyways..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:
ronk wrote:

You make some valid points there alright and I have to say I don't want us merely to do it the 'chelsea way'. That's why I didn't want Mourinho near this place, because although he would build a 'machine' that would win the league sooner rather than later, there would never be a chance of dominating english and european football on a long term basis whilst playing beautiful football.

Once again, I agree with the whole thing apart from the assumption that it has to be Robinho. I hope we do it with him because I love watching flamboyant characters but Barca have been used as an example & Barca don't have Robinho or anyone particularly like him. Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are much less flamboyant but just as clever & much harder working. Hopefully Robbie will stay & be part of what we're doing but if not it doesn't mean we have to turn into Chelsea. Conversely Brazil play a lot of unimaginitive football & score many goals from set pieces these days, particularly away from home so Robbie clearly doesn't have a magic wand to influence it that much. It's not just down to him how much football the team plays.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby themethod » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:05 am

themethod
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:47 am

themethod wrote:Image

NO! Naughty!!

Around here we use WORDS.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:47 am

Paulmclaren, are you really a muppet or just acting the prat this week?.

Them comments were most probably taken out of context, I doubt he would have come out saying all that about Barcelona, he was more than likely asked if he would enjoy playing with the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, what would you say to that?, if you say "forget it", then your a liar, nobody in their right mind would turn down the chance to play alongside players of that calibre.

He speaks Spanish, lived in Spain for 3 years before coming to England, and YES IT IS A BETTER place to live, and more sociable also, England has turned into some shitpit, that quite frankly nobody there cares about anymore, hence why the country has got out of control with all these extreamists and killings every weekend, none of that shit in Spain, he can go out at night and enjoy himself without worrying whether or not he will be going home, mortuary or A&E at the end of the night.

I don't believe anything these sad journos write about Robinho or any other City player until there is proof in the story, here there is none, he has said many times he likes it at City and intends to stay for many more years, yet nobody seems to believe that, so why would you believe a hack with a grudge to grind??....I know the answer to that, and that is because you never have and never will want Robinho at this club, why only you can answer that one, but to say he isn't the best player here, then name ONE who can do what he can do and more?.....I cannot think of one of them....but that is only an opinion anyhow.

If you want to believe everything you read in the newspapers then next you will be telling us all that a UFO has landed on Mars and set up camp there, or that England will win the world cup because we beat some pub side last night, yes thrashed them and played well, but Croatia....come on............anyhow, I assume it is time you got back to your daily paper to find out the next installment of truth, and believe what crap you read.

I would tell you 99.9% of what is printed in a paper is sensationalised journalism and full of garbage, but what is the point, you wouldn't believe that anyhow......the only thing they do get right is the date.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:53 am

sandman wrote:Robinho has not been worth £32m, he's probably not even been worth £20m. He doesnt make enough positive contribution to warrant any serious value, plus he goes missing in games.

I cant see Barca really putting in a serious offer, the amount they would have to pay, they may as well go elsewhere and get a great player in great form.

For me Robinho still owes the club a great season since he cost a great fee.

I like Robinho and can see he has more ability than he will ever need, he just isnt applying it enough.

You do????????????

Blimey, I hope you never don't like him.

With supporters like you, who needs enemies ah?

15 goals in first season..8 assists (top scorer, more goals than Torres and Rooney, and behind only Gerrard and Ronaldo).
played out of position, new style of game (much quicker than anything he would have encountered previously)
came mid-season (we had already played 4 games, and he missed a few more because of being targetted for a kicking)...yet STILL scored the most.

I realise he never dribbled 9 players every week, flicked it over the keepers head, stood on the goal-line and back-healed it in over his head.....but some of us don't need him to do that, to recognise pure talent when we see it, unfortunately I don't see much hope for you....oh well.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:53 am

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Paulmclaren, are you really a muppet or just acting the prat this week?.

Them comments were most probably taken out of context, I doubt he would have come out saying all that about Barcelona, he was more than likely asked if he would enjoy playing with the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, what would you say to that?, if you say "forget it", then your a liar, nobody in their right mind would turn down the chance to play alongside players of that calibre.

He speaks Spanish, lived in Spain for 3 years before coming to England, and YES IT IS A BETTER place to live, and more sociable also, England has turned into some shitpit, that quite frankly nobody there cares about anymore, hence why the country has got out of control with all these extreamists and killings every weekend, none of that shit in Spain, he can go out at night and enjoy himself without worrying whether or not he will be going home, mortuary or A&E at the end of the night.

I don't believe anything these sad journos write about Robinho or any other City player until there is proof in the story, here there is none, he has said many times he likes it at City and intends to stay for many more years, yet nobody seems to believe that, so why would you believe a hack with a grudge to grind??....I know the answer to that, and that is because you never have and never will want Robinho at this club, why only you can answer that one, but to say he isn't the best player here, then name ONE who can do what he can do and more?.....I cannot think of one of them....but that is only an opinion anyhow.

If you want to believe everything you read in the newspapers then next you will be telling us all that a UFO has landed on Mars and set up camp there, or that England will win the world cup because we beat some pub side last night, yes thrashed them and played well, but Croatia....come on............anyhow, I assume it is time you got back to your daily paper to find out the next installment of truth, and believe what crap you read.

I would tell you 99.9% of what is printed in a paper is sensationalised journalism and full of garbage, but what is the point, you wouldn't believe that anyhow......the only thing they do get right is the date.

While I agree with the general sentiment (this report and thread are pants), I can't let your dismal view of my country go without comment. England is no shit tip, and if you want extremists then look no further than ETA who blow up Spain without warning pretty regularly. And of course Spain has been as much a target for "international" terrorism as UK. I worry for anyone who really believes that every night in England is likely to end up dead. Maybe best if you stay home.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:57 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:Paulmclaren, are you really a muppet or just acting the prat this week?.

While I agree with the general sentiment (this report and thread are pants), I can't let your dismal view of my country go without comment. England is no shit tip, and if you want extremists then look no further than ETA who blow up Spain without warning pretty regularly. And of course Spain has been as much a target for "international" terrorism as UK. I worry for anyone who really believes that every night in England is likely to end up dead. Maybe best if you stay home.

You cant beat England on a summers day like today what a beautiful conutry.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum