Pack your bags and do one!!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pack your bags and do one!!!!!

Postby paulmclaren » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:33 pm

Manchester City star Robinho has admitted he is flattered to be linked with a move to Barcelona.

Barca coach Pep Guardiola has confirmed he is an admirer of the Brazilian international fuelling rumours of a possible bid for his services when the transfer window reopens in January.

Robinho, who played for Barcelona's bitter rivals Real Madrid before moving to City, concedes it would be hard to turn down a move to Camp Nou if Barcelona came calling for his services.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 94,00.html

Seriously.
I would not be bothered in the slightest if he went.
I'm not the guys biggest fan.
I think if they offer an acceptable offer for Robinho.
We should sell.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Re: Pack your bags and do one!!!!!

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:36 pm

Dont be such a muppet.

The worlds best and maybe biggest clubs says they are interested in you. What are you suppoused to say. F**k off? Flattered is a very nice way of saying not for the moment.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Michael Brookes » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:38 pm

With quotes:
"It's not easy to say no to a club like Barcelona. They are European champions, they're in a lovely city and I like Spain a lot. I have always wanted to play at clubs like Barcelona. It's a great club, any player would be happy for them to show an interest. I'm happy that Barcelona have taken notice of me. Who wouldn't like to play alongside Xavi, [Andrés] Iniesta, [Lionel] Messi, [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic and all the rest. I like Barcelona; they're a great club."
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:42 pm

Robi's going nowhere, at least not for the time being anyway, if we fail to make chumps this year then he will be off methinks! If we make Chumps league, then he will not be wanting to leave a club that will more than likely throw the kitchen sink at winning the bloody thing!!!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Beeks » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:46 pm

To be honest...IMO anyway...I've always seen our Robby in short term eyes...I certainly don't think he will be here in a couple of years and would not be surprised in the slightest if he is gone next summer...I love the little guy but the Spanish game will be far better suited to him and his game..

I'm sure we will see many superstars come and go at this club from now on...and if he went we would find a suitable replacement i'm sure...perhaps with a bit more physical prescence and grit

Lets face it...Rob is hardly a MH player
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Hazy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:48 pm

As a member of Barca, I understand why he is flattered, who would not be. He will end up there within 12 months,however IMO Pep will be with soon also just an opinion.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby paulmclaren » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:53 pm

That's why i am saying he should do one.
If he wants to got to Barcelona, so be it.
I personally think he's very over-ratted anyway(waits for everyone to say he is one of the best players in the world+laughs)
He is not even our best player if you ask me.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby Wooders » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:54 pm

""It's not easy to say no to a team like Barcelona," Robinho told Marca.

"They are the European champions. It is a beautiful city and I like Spain a lot.

"I have always wanted to play at clubs like Barcelona. It's a great club, any player would be happy for them to show an interest.

"I am happy that a club like them have noticed me. Who would not want to play for a club alongside Xavi, [Andres] Iniesta, [Lionel] Messi, [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic and all the others.

"I like Barcelona, they're a great club.""

He doesn't say he would not say "no" to Barca here, just that it won't be easy - you can sensationalise it just the same in the other way
He was also quoted this week as saying he's happy here and wants to help us win the title
added to this "La Marca" are probably well reputed as being the lowest of the low when it comes to "creative" journalism
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Hawkeye » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:00 pm

Robinho is undoubtedly very talented and I enjoy his sublime skills as much as the next man.

However, over a 38 game Premiership season, I can't help thinking a more European style player, like Ribery for example, would possibly suit us better in the longer term.

I suppose we'll see what happens if we don't qualify for the Champions' League come the end of the season.
Hawkeye
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:36 pm

paulmclaren wrote:
Manchester City star Robinho has admitted he is flattered to be linked with a move to Barcelona.

Barca coach Pep Guardiola has confirmed he is an admirer of the Brazilian international fuelling rumours of a possible bid for his services when the transfer window reopens in January.

Robinho, who played for Barcelona's bitter rivals Real Madrid before moving to City, concedes it would be hard to turn down a move to Camp Nou if Barcelona came calling for his services.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 94,00.html

Seriously.
I would not be bothered in the slightest if he went.
I'm not the guys biggest fan.
I think if they offer an acceptable offer for Robinho.
We should sell.

Well aren't you just great, I don't think we have enough hysteria on this board already.

Don't waste your time finding out if the source is any good or if he's just being careless again with his comments. Let's just sell our most expensive player and one of the most exciting players in the world because Barcelona want him. He's gone missing in a few away games when he was isolated and kicked off the park, we should get someone who'll put in an honest shift and work his socks off.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sandman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:38 pm

Robinho has not been worth £32m, he's probably not even been worth £20m. He doesnt make enough positive contribution to warrant any serious value, plus he goes missing in games.

I cant see Barca really putting in a serious offer, the amount they would have to pay, they may as well go elsewhere and get a great player in great form.

For me Robinho still owes the club a great season since he cost a great fee.

I like Robinho and can see he has more ability than he will ever need, he just isnt applying it enough.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Lets all hope that Tevez and Ade score 20+ this season then or can they pack their bags aswell?
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Blue in North London » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:47 pm

If they offered us Toure in exchange, I would bite their hands off.

Toure, Barry and Ireland in midfield.......best midfield in the Prem
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:00 pm

Blue in North London wrote:If they offered us Toure in exchange, I would bite their hands off.

Toure, Barry and Ireland in midfield.......best midfield in the Prem

Robinho, Adebayor and Tevez: best attack in the prem.

Bellamy, RSC and Petrov will play as necessary. But Robinho is still key for us. We need him to perform if we're to play to our potential.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Very similiar to how Real went about getting Ronaldo.

Barca will periodically release info to the spanish press saying how much they like Robinho. Robinho says that Barca are a great club to play for etc etc.

He'll be a Barca player within 2 years and next summer if we don't reach Champions League.

I personally think the team could be greater as a whole without the individual talent that is Robinho.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:40 pm

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK.

That is taken from fucking Marca. Marca makes News of the World look like fairly reliable source.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Hazy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:43 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Very similiar to how Real went about getting Ronaldo.

Barca will periodically release info to the spanish press saying how much they like Robinho. Robinho says that Barca are a great club to play for etc etc.

He'll be a Barca player within 2 years and next summer if we don't reach Champions League.

I personally think the team could be greater as a whole without the individual talent that is Robinho.

Very true ato add to that certain Clubs like Barca have to deliver football in a way that normal fans could never understand. Robinho, could be on the wish list of Barca, as his style fits in with the culture of the club which is win with skill, above anything entertain us.
City, could not hold onto him or anyone if Barca come for a player. 1 day City may have that pull not yet by some way. Barca is beyond a big club title it is beyond the rags IMO for status, Barca is Barca.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:55 pm

Fackin Hell Guv'nor, am I hearing this right; people would rather Robinho fucked off to Barca; the team would be better without him?

A player of Robson's skill, talent and all-round pulling power should be allowed to leave to one of our soon to be European rivals? The first world class player to jump on the City Ship who probably had a lot to do with the rest of the top quality players coming in! Our top scorer last season who bedazzled all those around the City Stadium! A full first choice Brazil International! A bloke who wants to win us the league and European Championship!

Absolutely astounding!!!

Here fella's, borrow Adam's:
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:58 pm

What a load of fucking shit. you lot need to have a word with yourselves.
The team would be much worse off without Robbie. Fuck me.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:What a load of fucking shit. you lot need to have a word with yourselves.
The team would be much worse off without Robbie. Fuck me.

I couldnt have put it better if i tried.

Sometimes i dont half see some shite written on here.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum