Injuries To Key Players could Ruin Our Season

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Injuries To Key Players could Ruin Our Season

Postby mcfc1632 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:59 am

simon12 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:
edge275 wrote:So without Robinho and Tevez, what would be everyone's first 11 against Arsenal?

I'd go for

-------------------------Given---------------------

Zabaleta------Toure---------Lescott------Bridge---

-------------------------De Jong----------------------

--------------Ireland-------------Barry----------------

SWP------------------------------------------Petrov----

----------------------Adebayor--------------------------

I'd go with:

Zabaleta------Toure---------Lescott------Bridge---

-------------------------De Jong----------------------

--------------Ireland-------------Barry----------------

SWP------------------------------------------Petrov----

----------------------Adebayor-------------------------

I like that

Me too - that line up but with Tevez backed up by SWP and Rob backed up by Petrov was my 1st choice at the start of the season - so without a couple of 1st choice players it is the obvious line up IMO
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Wooders wrote:Why are we dropping Craig? He's been in good form so far :-
Ireland pushing up into his more natural postition, barry in a classic deep CM role and de jong mopping up any strays
I'd even be tempted to play lescott at LB and give Neddy a start at CB, we're gonna need more defensive minded fullbacks out there imo

[strike]Zabaleta[/strike]Richards------Toure---------Lescott------Bridge---

-------------De Jong--------Barry--------------

------------------------Ireland-----------------------------

SWP------------------------------------------Bellamy ----

----------------------Adebayor--------------------------

Spot on I believe except for Richards who has done little wrong so far this year. Hughes will line up this formation against the top 4 sides, with Barry and De Jong sitting deep and breaking up play whilst Ireland gets given freedom to get forward more like last year. SWP and Bellamy are natural choices for their tackling and work rate down the flanks in helping the left and right back. And we will need help down the flanks in these games, Arshavin and Wallcott if fit and Valencia - he destroyed us last year at Wigan.

The three players in the middle, SWP, Ireland and Bellamy are the key to success in these games, if they all put in a big performance and defend and attack with equal amounts of energy then we can win these games. We also have a chance of winning these games simply on set plays to. I fancy Adebayor, Toure, Richards and Lescott to give Arsenal real trouble from corners. Just who do you mark out of those four with your best defender?
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:13 pm

everyone in the same boat, torres lost half last season due to international injuries, gerrard also got in jured on international duty. Hopefully they will wind up rooney tonight and he will lash out at someone and they retaliate and break is neck
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wooders » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Fish111 wrote:Tbh, Bellamy is having more of an impact in the games he's played than Tevez is at the moment so Bellamy should definately start upfront with Ade.

The team I put up the page is exactly the team we will start with.

-EDIT- Sorry Bingo just looked at your team again and see bellers gets a start - I still disagree that petrov won't get a start over de jong and reckon the team I put will be the team we see

Would still like an explanation from all of you who are dropping bellamy though
Last edited by Wooders on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Not too fussed about Tevez missing the Arse game to be honest, in recent matches i would have to say that Bellers has had much more of an impact than Carlos has, would be a shame for Robi to miss outm but nevertheless we have adequate cover for him anywho, Petrov and Weiss to name a couple of players Hughes could go with.

I would expect Robi to play some part at least against arsenal.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Crossie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:17 pm

This gives fringe players a chance to stake a claim, therefore its fine if its only for a couple of games, however not ideal prep for the 2 biggest games so far, and 2 games which could shape our season!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:32 pm

Can anyone describe to me exactly what Zabba did v Portsmouth to warrant replacing Richards apart from almost cost us the game? I don't have a favourite amongst the two, I like Zabba a lot when in midfield but am just happy to pick whoever's in the best form. So far this season inc freindlies Richards has been not that bad & Zabba's been fucking awful every single time he's been on the pitch, even having to be rescued twice by Dunne v Celtic & getting humilliated by a kid v Barca. I'm not saying Zabba won't get better but why are some people favouring him over one of our academy players when he's not done anything so far this season to deserve it?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Socrates » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Oh my god, the season's over :O(
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby gillie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:56 pm

Just one question in reply to the thread title.Injuries to key players from any team could ruin there season could it not?.So in the ops reasoning he thinks our squad is not good enough to cope if we get injuries time will tell i suppose but i think our depth chart is good enough.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Wooders » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:07 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Can anyone describe to me exactly what Zabba did v Portsmouth to warrant replacing Richards apart from almost cost us the game? I don't have a favourite amongst the two, I like Zabba a lot when in midfield but am just happy to pick whoever's in the best form. So far this season inc freindlies Richards has been not that bad & Zabba's been fucking awful every single time he's been on the pitch, even having to be rescued twice by Dunne v Celtic & getting humilliated by a kid v Barca. I'm not saying Zabba won't get better but why are some people favouring him over one of our academy players when he's not done anything so far this season to deserve it?

I only included Zabba because I thought Richards was injured - I see on the video on the OS that he hopes to be fit by the Arsenal game - otherwise I agree entirely that Richards has been quality so far this season
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:30 pm

Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues-clues » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:44 am

Robson has not had a startling beginning to the season and perhaps this injury is part of the reason. Petrov is a different player but is a more that adequate replacement. Bellers is playing well and seems to be 100% committed but Weiss must be close to a first team start after last night. It's a pity he didn't get a chance in a slightly less important game first but he has just represented his country and done well so throw him into battle against the Arse.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby blueyorkie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:05 pm

FFs get a grip, injuries to key players could ruin any Clubs season, just like it could take time for players to gel bollox. Its the same for everyone.
49 years and I'm still here
blueyorkie
Darius Vassell's Composure

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum