Ireland or Rooney

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ireland or Rooney

Postby sandman » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:56 am

I am having a heated debate with a friend of mine who beleives that Rooney is better than Ireland.

Am I being stupid or is Ireland not infinately better than the fat scouse granny shagger?
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Re: Ireland or Rooney

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:59 am

Ireland is a better player.

Rooney has a higher valuation.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Scatman » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:59 am

Completely different players in my opionion who you can't really compare. I'd rather not give it too much thought for fearing of falling on the side of Rooney, but it all depends what you're after. A rich mans Vassell then Rooney every day. A man to do what Ireland does and there's nobody better than Stevie.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:03 am

Chalk and Cheese those 2, not comparable at all. Would rather have Ireland in my team in his position than Rooney in his though
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:05 am

Honestly, at the moment i think Rooney is a much better player. take him out of the U** team and they are average. Take Ireland out of our team and I dont think we are seriously weakened.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Vhero » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:15 am

Totally different players what a stupid comparison if your comparing who is better.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Beanieboy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:19 am

london blue 2 wrote:Honestly, at the moment i think Rooney is a much better player. take him out of the U** team and they are average. Take Ireland out of our team and I dont think we are seriously weakened.

Maybe that says more about the team than the individual.
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:38 am

none of you can win that argument....

It would be better to ask a neutral fan who is knowlegable on the game, which player would they prefer in their team?

Majority would pick R**ney TBH, as he is producing it at Chumps league level and international level (although he does have howlers as well). Ireland has yet to prove himself at that level and poss never will on the international stage.

R**ney may be a twat and a fuclin dispicable person on and off the field, but he certainly is a very good player.

Still Ireland for me every time though......
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:51 am

Daft question as it is impossible to answer. Two completeley different players what play in two completeley different positions and have two totally different styles of play. Both are excellant imo but trying to compare them is akin to platting fog.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Dr Golfball » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:53 am

Your always going to get a biased vote on a man city forums mate, surely. But still i would have Ireland anyway, if that helps.
Dr Golfball
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Jeremy Clarkson 4 PM
My favourite player is: Barry/Ireland

Postby Crossie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:07 am

Better to compare Tevez and Rooney,

They are more simliar.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby sandman » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:35 am

Crossie wrote:Better to compare Tevez and Rooney,

They are more simliar.

We already compared them and both agreed that City win.

I personally would swap Ireland for Rooney plus £15m...
sandman

Postby Wooders » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:31 pm

put it this way, I'd play Rooney as a centre forward and Ireland as a attacking midfielder

depends on the position you were argueing about
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Two totally different players, cannot be compared with each other, but if you were to ask me which one I would rather have in my team, then I would have to say Ireland.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:20 pm

Midfield players almost always lose out in such comparisons as strikers are the focal point, score more goals & usually not easily directly replaceable whereas you can change the formation a bit to replace midfield players. Doesn't mean it's right but that's how it is. Also if Ireland was a self publicising bullshit merchant like Beckham, he'd definitely be rated in Rooney's class or better by neutrals.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:03 pm

And i think the penultimate point is that Ireland in their team makes them better, but Rooney in our side wouldn't make as much of a difference given that we have Tevez, and that Rooney and Tevez are very similar players with similar skill level. Rooney might be better than Tevez (just for the sake of argument), but the dropoff from Ireland to Carrick is greater imho than Rooney to Tevez.

What i'm trying to say is that our squad is better than theirs.

Make sense?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby sandman » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:29 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:And i think the penultimate point is that Ireland in their team makes them better, but Rooney in our side wouldn't make as much of a difference given that we have Tevez, and that Rooney and Tevez are very similar players with similar skill level. Rooney might be better than Tevez (just for the sake of argument), but the dropoff from Ireland to Carrick is greater imho than Rooney to Tevez.

Make sense?

cheers

Ha, never thought of it like that, looking at our first team and their first team I think the only regular I'd have from them is Vidic?
sandman

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:45 pm

sandman wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:And i think the penultimate point is that Ireland in their team makes them better, but Rooney in our side wouldn't make as much of a difference given that we have Tevez, and that Rooney and Tevez are very similar players with similar skill level. Rooney might be better than Tevez (just for the sake of argument), but the dropoff from Ireland to Carrick is greater imho than Rooney to Tevez.

Make sense?

cheers

Ha, never thought of it like that, looking at our first team and their first team I think the only regular I'd have from them is Vidic?

So we have better players in all but one position. We're dead certs for the Title then. Job done
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:33 pm

Everybody is thinking backwards. Their squad, and therefore the players it comprises, is better than ours. By miles.
Why I here you ask? Rag I here you cry!
It's fucking simple - they've won the last 3 Premierships and been in the last 2 Champion's League finals (winning one) - therefore, until our boys do anything, anything (we were 50 points behind them last year ffs) that indicates otherwise, they are not as good - no matter how much more you like them. Yes we've made strong additions - but not players who've won the league in recent memory, nor players who'd be good enough to quarantee a starting berth at United (Tevez).

The deluded scousers would have done well to realise this last year - if your results aren't as good and you think your players are all better, then it is you that is wrong, not the league.

I hope this clears it up a little.

Rooney is, unfortunately, miles better than Ireland. Miles better. sorry.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Everybody is thinking backwards. Their squad, and therefore the players it comprises, is better than ours. By miles.
Why I here you ask? Rag I here you cry!
It's fucking simple - they've won the last 3 Premierships and been in the last 2 Champion's League finals (winning one) - therefore, until our boys do anything, anything (we were 50 points behind them last year ffs) that indicates otherwise, they are not as good - no matter how much more you like them. Yes we've made strong additions - but not players who've won the league in recent memory, nor players who'd be good enough to quarantee a starting berth at U***d (Tevez).

The deluded scousers would have done well to realise this last year - if your results aren't as good and you think your players are all better, then it is you that is wrong, not the league.

I hope this clears it up a little.

Rooney is, unfortunately, miles better than Ireland. Miles better. sorry.

jesus. h. christ. You and "reality" and friends now. what's the future hold for this bold new partnership?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum