Ireland or Rooney

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ireland or Rooney

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:58 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Everybody is thinking backwards. Their squad, and therefore the players it comprises, is better than ours. By miles.
Why I here you ask? Rag I here you cry!
It's fucking simple - they've won the last 3 Premierships and been in the last 2 Champion's League finals (winning one) - therefore, until our boys do anything, anything (we were 50 points behind them last year ffs) that indicates otherwise, they are not as good - no matter how much more you like them. Yes we've made strong additions - but not players who've won the league in recent memory, nor players who'd be good enough to quarantee a starting berth at U***d (Tevez).

The deluded scousers would have done well to realise this last year - if your results aren't as good and you think your players are all better, then it is you that is wrong, not the league.

I hope this clears it up a little.

Rooney is, unfortunately, miles better than Ireland. Miles better. sorry.

Load of Bollocks. They MAY have a better squad than us but we'll only find out that at the end of the season as, obviously, their squad that won stuff had a certain C Ronaldo in it, y know the bloke who scored 40 fucking goals two seasons ago, that being when Tevez scored 20 odd & Giggs + Scholes were younger? They've replaced these players with, let me see, erm.... oh that bloke who we didn't want on a free transfer + Valencia who tbf, is setting the PL alight with his silky skills...oh wait no..he's been utter fucking shite.

FFS praise the twats if they earn it fair enough but it's a new season & that squad's won FUCK ALL! Imo it'll only win something if the rest of the PL has the same lack of belief in their own abilities & inferiority complex that you seem to have. Show some balls ffs.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Twobob » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:13 pm

Anybody who is comparing the two players needs a reality check - FFS what would be next? Is Neddy Better than Feltcher?

Terry Better than Defoe?

The simple way to nip that in the bud is to highlight the lack of football knowledge anyone must have to even try and compare two players that play in different possitions for a start.

Shit me!
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Twobob wrote:Anybody who is comparing the two players needs a reality check - FFS what would be next? Is Neddy Better than Feltcher?

Terry Better than Defoe?

The simple way to nip that in the bud is to highlight the lack of football knowledge anyone must have to even try and compare two players that play in different possitions for a start.

Shit me!

Is Torres better than Rufus Brevett? Nicolas Anelka better than Quentin Fortune? Gerrard better than Steven Bywater?

Shit me!
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Twobob » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Twobob wrote:Anybody who is comparing the two players needs a reality check - FFS what would be next? Is Neddy Better than Feltcher?

Terry Better than Defoe?

Shit me!

Is Torres better than Rufus Brevett? Nicolas Anelka better than Quentin Fortune? Gerrard better than Steven Bywater?

Shit me!

Fortune by far .... ;-)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Terry Better than Defoe?

Shit me!

Shit me!

Just saw - yes Terry is better than Defoe and yes Fletcher is better than Nedum (god love him). I can tell in part by looking at their massive piles of medals.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:25 pm

this is ridiculous - its like comparing a group B quattro and a Ferrari F1 car.

try the F1 car off road.

then see who's time is better on the Nurburgring.
Last edited by The Man In Blue on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Twobob » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:25 pm

Terry Better than Defoe?

Shit me!

Shit me!

Just saw - yes Terry is better than Defoe and yes Fletcher is better than Nedum (god love him). I can tell in part by looking at their massive piles of medals.

By that calculation Nicky Butt-face must be one of the best midfielders to grace the planet?

Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Twobob wrote:

Terry Better than Defoe?

Shit me!

Shit me!

By that calculation Nicky Butt-face must be one of the best midfielders to grace the planet?

It's just a shame he turned down our £170k/week contract offer. Fletcher has more than Gerrard funnily enough.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby King Kev » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:33 pm

sandman wrote:I am having a heated debate with a friend of mine who beleives that Rooney is better than Ireland.

Am I being stupid or is Ireland not infinately better than the fat scouse granny shagger?

I think it all depends on how you go about assessing the players.

If you believe everything you see and hear in the press and think that computer games are a good source of information then you would pick r**ney.

If you know anything at all about football you would go for our Superman.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:39 pm

King Kev wrote:
sandman wrote:I am having a heated debate with a friend of mine who beleives that Rooney is better than Ireland.

Am I being stupid or is Ireland not infinately better than the fat scouse granny shagger?

If you believe everything you see and hear in the press and think that computer games are a good source of information then you would pick r**ney.

I think it's computer games that are skewing people's assessment to the point where they think our first x1 has 8 better players than United's - I don't play them.
If Capello, Bacon, Mourinho, Wenger etc. know anything about football then it's Rooney. If goals, trophies and international caps are anything to go on - still Rooney. In fact, by what palpable measure is Ireland a better player?
Ireland had one great season - he's improving all the time - I love him. But he's not there yet, any more than we are.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby King Kev » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:If Capello, Bacon, Mourinho, Wenger etc. know anything about football then it's Rooney.
Ireland could play for his country too, in fact the current manager is desperate for him to play for his country!
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:If goals...
It is r**ney's job to score goals, he is a forward. Ireland is a midfielder (who scores goals)
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:... trophies
r**ney has been playing in a better team, that is why he has won trophies, not because he is individually brilliant!
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:...and international caps are anything to go on - still Rooney
I've already covered this one, I'm amazed you haven't heard about Superman refusing to play for his country, it's been in the press and everything!
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:In fact, by what palpable measure is Ireland a better player?
Ireland had one great season - he's improving all the time - I love him. But he's not there yet, any more than we are.
Ireland is a better reader of the game, he is more creative, works harder, tackles better, passes better and is an all round better player. He may only have had 1 good season so far but it's pretty obvious that he is going to go on to become a great player, I predict Championship Manager 2011 (or whatever the fuck it's called) will reflect this.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ronk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:23 pm

King Kev wrote:

I think it's computer games that are skewing people's assessment to the point where they think our first x1 has 8 better players than U***d's - I don't play them.
If Capello, Bacon, Mourinho, Wenger etc. know anything about football then it's Rooney. If goals, trophies and international caps are anything to go on - still Rooney. In fact, by what palpable measure is Ireland a better player?

Mourinho had the option of buying Rooney. He didn't. He could have easily outbid scum.

Wenger could have tried when Rooney was breaking into the Everton team. I don't recall him doing so.

Were we comparing Rooney to any other England strikers? That's who Capello is comparing him to.

Shrek is a top class player but Bacon Face bought him after he had just played some of the best football of his life as a one man team for England. When he got injured they struggled immediately.

Bacon Face has regularly played him out of position due to other players being more influential.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:24 pm

King Kev wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:If Capello, Bacon, Mourinho, Wenger etc. know anything about football then it's Rooney.
Ireland could play for his country too, in fact the current manager is desperate for him to play for his country!
It is r**ney's job to score goals, he is a forward. Ireland is a midfielder (who scores goals)
r**ney has been playing in a better team, that is why he has won trophies, not because he is individually brilliant!
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:...and international caps are anything to go on - still Rooney
I've already covered this one, I'm amazed you haven't heard about Superman refusing to play for his country, it's been in the press and everything!
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:In fact, by what palpable measure is Ireland a better player?
Ireland is a better reader of the game, he is more creative, works harder, tackles better, passes better and is an all round better player. He may only have had 1 good season so far but it's pretty obvious that he is going to go on to become a great player, I predict Championship Manager 2011 (or whatever the fuck it's called) will reflect this.

I do not, nor have I ever, played Championship manager.
I do not, nor will I ever, base my player assessments on computer games.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby King Kev » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:32 pm

King Kev wrote:

I didn't say you did! (although I will admit to wording my post in a way that suggests that I did).

The thing is though, some people do!

Some people also gain their 'opinions' from the media. You can see examples of this everytime the World Cup's on. People who have never shown an interest in football before suddenly have opinions that they think you want to hear!

My point is, Ireland is a brilliant player, r**ney is a good player that the media (including computer games) would have you believe is amongst the best in the world. My humble opinion is that this is shite.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:25 pm

King Kev wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I didn't say you did! (although I will admit to wording my post in a way that suggests that I did).

The thing is though, some people do!

Some people also gain their 'opinions' from the media. You can see examples of this everytime the World Cup's on. People who have never shown an interest in football before suddenly have opinions that they think you want to hear!

My point is, Ireland is a brilliant player, r**ney is a good player that the media (including computer games) would have you believe is amongst the best in the world. My humble opinion is that this is shite.

KK i despise the scouse twat that is r**ney but without him the rags are fucked so he must be better than just good.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ronk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:34 pm

gillie wrote:KK i despise the scouse twat that is r**ney but without him the rags are fucked so he must be better than just good.

Prove it.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:36 pm

ronk wrote:
gillie wrote:KK i despise the scouse twat that is r**ney but without him the rags are fucked so he must be better than just good.

Prove it.

I love rooney, did you not see his awesome finish tonight?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:40 pm

ronk wrote:

Prove it.

Fingers fucking crossed.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby gillie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:53 pm

ronk wrote:

Prove it.

Fingers fucking crossed.

You can cross your legs and fucking toes as well as i have no intention of trying to prove anything apart from stating the scouse cunt is the rags top scorer so far this season.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:57 pm

gillie wrote:
ronk wrote:

Prove it.

Fingers fucking crossed.

You can cross your legs and fucking toes as well as i have no intention of trying to prove anything apart from stating the scouse cunt is the rags top scorer so far this season.

you misunderstood - i was hoping he'd get injured, proving that the rags are fucked without him.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum