Internationals tonight

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Internationals tonight

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Slim wrote:
King Kev wrote:What's with the booing of Eduardo??

Do the muppets doing this support teams who have never had a player who dived? I bet some of them are even Arsenal fans!!

Thick as pig shit!

I got one better for ya, the Scots are booing van Persie. Took me a while to put this together but it's in Glasgow and they are booing eduardo's team mate. Some times fans make me sad.

Elia had some pace.did he play for twente against us last year?

I knew it was one of them, I thought it was Hamburg. He was a handful then too.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:39 pm

Slim wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
Slim wrote:
King Kev wrote:What's with the booing of Eduardo??

Do the muppets doing this support teams who have never had a player who dived? I bet some of them are even Arsenal fans!!

Thick as pig shit!

I got one better for ya, the Scots are booing van Persie. Took me a while to put this together but it's in Glasgow and they are booing eduardo's team mate. Some times fans make me sad.

Elia had some pace.did he play for twente against us last year?

I knew it was one of them, I thought it was Hamburg. He was a handful then too.

we're both right! He's just moved to hamburg from twente !
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:59 pm

Brilliant performance by England. Well excited for the World Cup. Seems fashionable amongst some Englishmen to berate the national team at the moment, how you can on their current form is beyond me.

Great stuff.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:17 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Brilliant performance by England. Well excited for the World Cup. Seems fashionable amongst some Englishmen to berate the national team at the moment, how you can on their current form is beyond me.

Maybe because it's the England national team. I wish I'd been able to read in the run-up to Italia '90.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Waz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:41 pm

Vladimir Weiss looked pretty good for Slovakia tonight, has to be said. His run for the first goal was awesome and even I could have scored from his superb low cross.

SWP's got some serious competition at City, especially after his under-performance at the weekend...
Waz
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Manx Blue » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:49 pm

Waz wrote:Vladimir Weiss looked pretty good for Slovakia tonight, has to be said. His run for the first goal was awesome and even I could have scored from his superb low cross.

SWP's got some serious competition at City, especially after his under-performance at the weekend...

see what I said early doors waz ;)
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Fish111 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:58 pm

Fantastic result for England, but for N Ireland i couldn't give a shit about the other 'home' nations. Fuck-em, i ain't scottish or welsh so why bother about them, i don't give a toss about Belgiums or Finlands results so whats the difference? Just because our land is attached with theirs doesn't make me any more affiliated with them. I'm English and care only about my nations progress and after the Steve Maclaren debacle this comes as a blessed relief.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby ronk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:05 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Waz wrote:Vladimir Weiss looked pretty good for Slovakia tonight, has to be said. His run for the first goal was awesome and even I could have scored from his superb low cross.

see what I said early doors waz ;)

It was fucling hilarious listening to the commentators going on about Weiss. It was like they were commenting for Maradona before he was famous but they knew so they wanted to tell everyone how good he was. They didn't stop about him the whole game. They were literally telling people to keep a close eye on him in the Arsenal game when he plays.

Certainly deserved his MOTM award.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby gillie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:08 pm

Fish111 wrote:Fantastic result for England, but for N Ireland i couldn't give a shit about the other 'home' nations. Fuck-em, i ain't scottish or welsh so why bother about them, i don't give a toss about Belgiums or Finlands results so whats the difference? Just because our land is attached with theirs doesn't make me any more affiliated with them. I'm English and care only about my nations progress and after the Steve Maclaren debacle this comes as a blessed relief.

Well said Fisherman mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:08 pm

Fish111 wrote:Fantastic result for England, but for N Ireland i couldn't give a shit about the other 'home' nations. Fuck-em, i ain't scottish or welsh so why bother about them, i don't give a toss about Belgiums or Finlands results so whats the difference? Just because our land is attached with theirs doesn't make me any more affiliated with them. I'm English and care only about my nations progress and after the Steve Maclaren debacle this comes as a blessed relief.

But this thread was initially about for all the non-obvious games, and people who were watching them. There's a whole thread devoted to England's match, so why hijack another one just to complain about it?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ronk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:14 pm

0/10 for geography mate.
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby gillie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:37 pm

ronk wrote:

0/10 for geography mate.

Ronk i think he means Scotland and Wales when he says attached so his geography is spot on dont you think mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Abu Dhabi » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:46 pm

If your land is attached to another you want the other to lose more than anyone. Or thats the case everywhere atleast..
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:41 am

gillie wrote:
ronk wrote:

0/10 for geography mate.

Ronk i think he means Scotland and Wales when he says attached so his geography is spot on dont you think mate.

United Kingdom.
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:05 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:If your land is attached to another you want the other to lose more than anyone. Or thats the case everywhere atleast..

We are connected to Sweden, Norway and Russia and I couldn't give a two shits about their results. In fact, quite the opposite, I quite want Sweden do well.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:28 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:If your land is attached to another you want the other to lose more than anyone. Or thats the case everywhere atleast..

We are connected to Sweden, Norway and Russia and I couldn't give a two shits about their results. In fact, quite the opposite, I quite want Sweden do well.

ok let me fix it..

If your land is attached to another you want the other to lose more than anyone. Or thats the case everywhere (except Finland) atleast..
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:50 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:

ok let me fix it..

If your land is attached to another you want the other to lose more than anyone. Or thats the case everywhere (except Finland) atleast..

I seem to remember that you'd never heard of Eurovision a few months back...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:14 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:

ok let me fix it..

That's certainly not the case most places in Europe mate. Germans don't like Dutch but doubt they care about Danes. French don't give a toss about Italians. Poles don't have anything against Lithuanians and so on and so on.

Of course there are rivalries as well like English and Jocks, Dutch and Germans, Finns feel they have rivalry with Sweden who don't give a toss about us and feel they have rivalry with Danes who in turn don't care about Swedes, Greece and Cyprus should be fun tie etc.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum